NHL'94 Forums

how was this whole "94 online" thing created

IM NOT A NOOB.. but im just wondering how this whole thing got started.. how some just decided one day figure out amazingly how to connect a sega gen. and play thousands of games on here. how the heck to you just figure out.. and also get the games on here...

ALSO!

how was the whole online gaming thing created.. idk how u do it, but it just amzes me how people did it

Hey shawhockey9,

It took programmers to code the emulator (to simulate the consoles), and convert the cartridge games into ROM files. I'm no guru on the programming end, but what I can tell you is that once we realized the game could be played online we had to take advantage of it.

There will be even more great and exciting things that we haven't even thought of yet to come!

-Evan

Hey shawhockey9,

It took programmers to code the emulator (to simulate the consoles), and convert the cartridge games into ROM files. I'm no guru on the programming end, but what I can tell you is that once we realized the game could be played online we had to take advantage of it.

There will be even more great and exciting things that we haven't even thought of yet to come!

-Evan

Evan's being a little modest. I mean, no, he didn't make the emulators or dump the ROMs, but he made this site and definitely facilitated the growth of NHL '94 online. It's even more of an accomplishment in light of the fact that most people who play emulators online do it to play arcade fighting games (King of Fighters, Street Fighter, others I know nothing about).

So take a bow, Evan.