NHL'94 Forums

The new committee

angryjay93

During the past few months we have seen dmitry work hard for all of us at this league despite his busy schedule. In an effort to help him out Kingscuprun and I decided it would be beneficial for dmitry and the league to have a committee help run things along concerning managers, rules, disputes, and any other issues that may arise.

In our discussion we came up with 5 people that we felt would bring in a wide array of viewpoints and opinions to the committee in order to hopefully give everyone a voice. We feel that the amount of respect the people we selected have for each other, that they can be an effective tight knit group that can get the job done. These 5 people include:

Matthurray

Kingscuprun93

Angryjay93

scribe99

gr8199

In this group there are varying experience levels and opinions on subjects as well as looking for and testing out newer ways to improve our online playing experiences. This group would make decisions as a whole and then propose anything we come up with to dmitry for proposal. I have personally talked to Dmitry about this subject and he has approved such a group. If anyone has any questions concerning further details about what we will do, objections to whom was included in the group, or anything else considering the situation, please feel free to post and let your opinion be known.

To get a true balance, I think the committee should consist of:

Ahola "Drink Your Juice and Eat Your Porridge"

Sub-Zero

Optimus Prime

The Crypt Keeper

Stormy Care Bear

In all honesty, can you give an example (maybe even a past event) that would go to the committee?

For instance, a past event we would have handled is the selection of the new Edmonton manger. We would factor serveral different things such as skill level, experience, interest in league, and whether or not a person has any reccomendations from other members of the league.

About the Belfour thing, it will be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Posts like this make me wonder if you have really dropped the *cough medicine*, but no matter. Jamonica pulled himself out of the running when he said he would not be around to play games in the very near future. So while he may be the best choice, hes not available.

Dmitry wanted to give JJ until the end of the weekend, so even if we do have a decision, it wouldnt kick into effect until tomorrow.

Im beginning to agree with you though about the size of the committee, i as well have had thoughts that the committee is perhaps too large, 3 would be more effective, it just seemed like a more fair representation of the league with 5, it is something worth taking into consideration.

I think there should only be a 1 person committe. Of course, I can't see having any other person than Hokkee leading the charge. The caviat is that every official decision that's made must be broadcast over the internet while he wears his tiara, his favorite pastel colored halter top (obviously a minimum 5 inches of mid-drift which I would imagine is not too tough to find in his wardrobe), his all too comfortable Green Bay Packer zubas while holding a Triton.

Long live Hokkee!

If this Forum were Family Matters, Hokkee definately would be the Urkel. We would have no show without him.

p.s. That makes Carse the Kimmy Gibbler. Discuss.

Agreed 100%. Also I want to be Dr. Huxtable AKA the Cos in this fall hit.

as for hokkee's nominations. Id nominate matt over myself in a heart beat, hes honest, has senority, dedicated, fair, can make his own decisions, and he is trusted. I cant say i share those same qualities, and if i do, they aren't on as high of a level as his.

as for hokkee's nominations. Id nominate matt over myself in a heart beat, hes honest, has senority, dedicated, fair, can make his own decisions, and he is trusted. I cant say i share those same qualities, and if i do, they aren't on as high of a level as his.

Wow, thanks Jay. I appreciate the comments, although you are right up there with me.

I think it's up to Dmitry to say if we should have a small committee, or a go to guy. If he wants to go with a go-to guy, then whoever he feels comfortable most with is the guy I'd vote for.

Jay: as for hokkee's nominations. Id nominate matt over myself in a heart beat, hes honest, has senority, dedicated, fair, can make his own decisions, and he is trusted. I cant say i share those same qualities, and if i do, they aren't on as high of a level as his.

Matt: Wow, thanks Jay. I appreciate the comments, although you are right up there with me.

Hmmm, after reading that, all I have to say is it must be springtime b/c LOOOOOOOVE IS IN THE AIR!

Jeeethuth Chrythst!

post-448-1179265406.jpg

Guest Wags13
But seriously, I think Jay or Matt would be great choices to lead that up. Congrats Matt!

First order of business... who's replacing JJ?

Second order of business... how do we get Wags to stop beating his kids with the family cat?

Thats when I feel nice about it- now I just usually beat them with the family dog!

WOOF