NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 forever!

Johan Emanuelsson

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like a great package. Thank you very much.

Too bad I didn't realise to save the old rosters and everything when I still had my Jaff's EA NHL Page around. It would have been cool if you had included the original text files to the roster packages as well, indicating who has been the author creating the updates. Would have been nice to know beforehand which of the roster updates would have been created by us. But I hope we recognize them when we start using them, if some of them happen to be ours :lol: At least Our nhl95adds graphic package seemed to be included ;) Thank you for great archiving work!

This seems like a great package. Thank you very much.

Too bad I didn't realise to save the old rosters and everything when I still had my Jaff's EA NHL Page around. It would have been cool if you had included the original text files to the roster packages as well, indicating who has been the author creating the updates. Would have been nice to know beforehand which of the roster updates would have been created by us. But I hope we recognize them when we start using them, if some of them happen to be ours ;) At least Our nhl95adds graphic package seemed to be included ;) Thank you for great archiving work!

Thanks everyone! The rosters you are talking about are downloaded from a guy called sllau, that also made a editor (nhl9395.zip). He made own rosters with his editors and put it on his website. But it doesn't longer exist :lol:

I tried my best to tell were I got all the stuff. But you can't be 100% right. I hope you'll enjoy all the stuff anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know which thing i can open this up with i tried winzip and it always says cannot open invalid file then i tried tugzip and nothing opens thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi boys... i'm new here, i'm already download NHL 95 for PC from "Adandonware Paradise" and now i have try to play it with DosBox :)

This is a very FUNNY Game!! I'm a FAN of NHL 93 and now i have try to play this NHL 95 but i have a question:

I can upgrade my Roster with 2006-2007 Original Nhl ???

Thanks for any reply.

I can upgrade my Roster with 2006-2007 Original Nhl ???

Well, if someone already have done those rosters then it is possible. I don't know if anyone have done this? If you mean conversion for example from EA's NHL 2006-2007 game, that is not possible straight away. Anyways, you can use NHLInfo-editor and type those rosters by yourself, but it will take some time and you will also notice that attributes of players are not the same in newer games and NHL95PC.

Well, if someone already have done those rosters then it is possible. I don't know if anyone have done this? If you mean conversion for example from EA's NHL 2006-2007 game, that is not possible straight away. Anyways, you can use NHLInfo-editor and type those rosters by yourself, but it will take some time and you will also notice that attributes of players are not the same in newer games and NHL95PC.

Ooh... thanks for info..... :D

For now i try to use the roster in this RAR File :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the NHL Forever .zip file there are several roster updates up to 98 or so, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
In the NHL Forever .zip file there are several roster updates up to 98 or so, I believe.

Of course there is, but DjDiabolik was asking rosters to "2006-2007 Original Nhl". There is no season 06-07 rosters in this Foerever.zip.

So yeah, as I said in my earlier message. I've downloaded it 2 times now, both times it gives me an incomplete zip file with unexpected end of archive, what gives?

I think nhl94.com having problem with files. Therefor I uploaded the file to another free service that provide files. Try download It from this adress: <a href="http://www.gratisupload.dk/show.php?fileId=5358" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.gratisupload.dk/show.php?fileId=5358" target="_blank">http://www.gratisupload.dk/show.php?fileId=5358</a></a>

Good Luck! :)

• 1 month later...
seems the file is no more available at gratisupload, could someone upload it agian, please?

Here is another link, but I tried the original link and managed to download it again... :unsure:

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=8142820 :) but you must wait 60 seconds... and link removed in 30 days.. :huh:

Good Luck... // Johan :D

well, problem is the site is in swedish, i presume. i dont know what it says but the problem could be i have a public ip, dunno

thanks anyway for uploading it again, webfilehost seems ok :)

I just tested downloading and extracting the file. Works fine. The file is larger then what it says in the first post, it's more like 5.53 MB... just FYI.

-Evan

• 1 month later...
Johan, would it be possible to one more time upload it somewhere?

I always seem to miss the opportunity to dl this great package. <_<

I just tested download from Johan's first post and it works fine, archive opens perfectly.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=15905

• 2 weeks later...
I just tested download from Johan's first post and it works fine, archive opens perfectly.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=15905

Once again...

NHL95_Forever.zip

and another file:

NHL95_In_Game_Logos.zip

NHL95_In_Game_Logos.zip

• 5 months later...

First I would like to thank Johan Emanuelsson for posting the ea nhl 95 archive collection!

I've found some awesome tools in those. Also I've noticed some people having problems

getting the game to run under various operating systems. I would like to help if possible

heres a dfend profile that works under vista, simply import the profile file and

edit the game .exe location along with the rom or iso location

I should point out that the sound runs very well on my vista machine

using ddraw as the vid renderer, not sure why it gets choppy with

the other renderers but there you have it.

1 select and copy everything below

2 paste in note pad

3 save file as nhl95.dfe

4 import saved .dfe file in the import profile in DFEND

5 edit according to where you have game installed

6 get cookie be happy

[Extra]

CloseOnExit=1

CustomSettings=

SyncUpDown=0

Setup=C:\HOCKEY\INSTALL.EXE

Exe=C:\HOCKEY\HOCKEY.EXE

Loadhigh=0

autoexec=

GameParameters=

SetupParameters=

LoadFixVal=64

[sdl]

fullscreen=false

fulldouble=true

fullresolution=original

windowresolution=800x600

output=ddraw

autolock=true

sensitivity=100

waitonerror=true

usecancodes=true

priority=higher,normal

mapperfile=mapper.txt

[dosbox]

language=

machine=vga

memsize=63

[render]

frameskip=0

aspect=false

scaler=tv2x

[cpu]

core=normal

cycles=20000

cycleup=500

cycledown=20

[mixer]

nosound=false

rate=44100

blocksize=4096

prebuffer=35

[midi]

mpu401=intelligent

device=default

config=

[sblaster]

sbtype=sb16

sbbase=220

irq=7

dma=1

hdma=5

mixer=true

oplmode=auto

oplrate=22050

[gus]

gus=true

gusrate=44100

gusbase=240

irq1=5

irq2=5

dma1=1

dma2=1

ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]

pcspeaker=true

pcrate=22050

tandyrate=22050

disney=true

[dos]

xms=true

ems=true

umb=true

[bios]

joysticktype=ch

[ExtraInfo]

Genre=

Developer=

Publisher=

Year=

Notes=

[Export]

notes=Seems to work fine with vista

profilename=NHL 95

• 4 years later...

Hey,

In the NHL95_Forever.zip there are some cool new rosters. To install it, the readme say that a .dbx file must be created...

Question: how create a .dbx file ???

When you launch the game and you get to the menu screen, go to the first tab at the top ( File I believe). A list should pop up, and you want to go to 'Central Registry'. Once there you have to create a temporary database (DBX file). You this by going to the same tab as you would to save the rosters to the game, but instead of going to 'Save to game', there should be an option to make a temporary database ( 'Temporary Save' or something like that). A screen should pop up that allows you to name the database. Once you've saved it, exit 'Central Registry' and go to where you've stored NHL95 on your PC. Once there you want to go to the 'Hockey' directory inside your NHL 95 folder. You should see the temporary database ( it will have the name you typed into at the temporary save screen). Once you've found it you must extract the edited files from their original files ( the ones they came from when you downloaded them). Click copy and then paste them in your temporary database (it will ask you if you want to overwrite the files already in the database; do so). Once you've done this, go back to 'Central Registry', load up your temporary database, and if done correctly, the updated rosters should appear. Save to game and have fun with them! :)

When you launch the game and you get to the menu screen, go to the first tab at the top ( File I believe). A list should pop up, and you want to go to 'Central Registry'. Once there you have to create a temporary database (DBX file). You this by going to the same tab as you would to save the rosters to the game, but instead of going to 'Save to game', there should be an option to make a temporary database ( 'Temporary Save' or something like that). A screen should pop up that allows you to name the database. Once you've saved it, exit 'Central Registry' and go to where you've stored NHL95 on your PC. Once there you want to go to the 'Hockey' directory inside your NHL 95 folder. You should see the temporary database ( it will have the name you typed into at the temporary save screen). Once you've found it you must extract the edited files from their original files ( the ones they came from when you downloaded them). Click copy and then paste them in your temporary database (it will ask you if you want to overwrite the files already in the database; do so). Once you've done this, go back to 'Central Registry', load up your temporary database, and if done correctly, the updated rosters should appear. Save to game and have fun with them! :)

Ok, thanks, It works :)