EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

hokkeefan

TRADING?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. YOUR THOUGHTS ON TRADING?

• ONLY TRADING AT BEGINNING OF SEASON
    • TRADING AT BEGINNING AND MIDDLE
    • NO TRADING AFTER DRAFT

MY TEAM IS SO f**king BAD I HAVE TO SCORE 6-8 GOALS TO f**king WIN .PISSES ME OFF I TRY LIKE CRAZY TO WIN AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST WALKS RIGHT IN AND SHOOTS AND SCORES LIKE mY TEAM WASNT EVEN THERE AND NOT A f**king THING I CAN DO .FKIN DMEN JUST CURL OUT OF THE WAY AND MY GOALIE IS A PILONAND MY FORWARD ARE A BUNCH OF f**king PUSSIES. i figure if ur gonna allow people to f**k up there team with trading at the beginning u should allow people to try to fix it with a trading period in the middle of the season or dont allow any trading after draft

well... I think dmitry has commented on this before, that he cannot make trades work unless every single team played the same amount of games.

however, being that I despise most of my team as well, I wouldn't mind seeing a little mid-season trade deadline. Make 28 games the mid-season deadline, have an All-star selection for the league(but not game, that's just GAY!), and have guys do a little 1-3 day trading period.

Sounds nice. Probably is too hard to actual materialize.

A trading period isn't a bad idea, but you've been posting all season about wanted to trade some more. I really don't think showing so much desparation to dish out your players cause you aren't doing so well is going to increase your chances of getting some good offers.

if we allowed trades we would have to take about a 2 week break for people to catch up before we released the updated rom and then updated the database to match the new rom. there is no way around the back game issue unless you just let guys play back games with the new rom, which would be like allowing time travel.

Dmitri, why don't you just not allow any games to be played or uploaded, allow a trading period, make the trades on the db and then release a new rom regardless who has what games in. If this was a TSB season, yeah you'd have have people catch up cause of old roms out there, but we all use the same rom. I might be missing something here, let me know if I'm wrong lol. If the number of games played is a big deal, just make people "trade eligible" if they have a required number of games in.

the only difference is that the teams would be different than they should be for the back games. if JR is traded back in time to day 1 and i have to face him again, then i won't be happy. that and guys might stop playing to wait for trade day so they can have a better team for time-travel. maybe we can work it out but somehow i doubt the pain in my ass is worth the unimportant trades that will actually take place.

Two points.

1. I think its obviously too late for trading this season, but these discussions are useful regarding future seasons.

2. What about having two roms after the trading period: pre-midseason-trade and post-midseason-trade. The first rom is used for the first half of the season, and even AFTER the trading period, it would be used to play any back games from the first half of the season. This way, everyone would still be required to play an equal number of games with their pre-trade and post-trade teams. Also, we wouldn't have to wait for everyone to catch up prior to the trading period. It's still a little time-travely, but a better option than having a huge break in the middle of the season.

D, is it possible to organize the database to handle this? the roms would be named differently so you could have the system recognize whether the rom was pre-trade or post-trade, and it could allocate the stats accordingly.

I think this whole trading discussion is pretty lame. Dmitri brought up the best point about having to face a JR type like guy more times than he has to.

And a 2 week break for mid season trades??? That's crazy. We have enough issues keeping people going to play their games. You think the trading period is going to help things?

I really don't get it... it's 56 games, not that big of a deal.

Just let it be a lesson to all... don't be a Hokkee, drinking and trading isn't the key

I think our boy Ranatoro took care of any issues about a 2 week trading period. If there was a pre-trade Rom and a post-trade Rom, there is no need for hiatus. It looks pretty much all work would be in rerostering, and setting up the database. It sounds to me like Dmitry isn't feeling up the idea of fitting in two roms for the database.... so unless someone else can take the horns on that, I imagine it's dead in the water. (someone send Dmitry roses to soften him up!)

oh... and if you have JR on your team, what is the likelihood of trading him? I can't see very many blockbuster trades going on with stingy owners (there is only one Hokkee in the league, don't you know), so maybe all the potential work would be fruitless with some crappy bench-warmer trades.