NHL'94 Forums

Dr. P1zza ...real nice guy...NOT

Ok to tonight i started a game with Dr.P1zza in nhl9407 in OT his controller broke and we tied and went to Shootout After taking a 1-0 lead in the shoot out in the 3rd round his controller broke again...we desynched about 40 straight times...and then we finally played in a shootout which i won....then after the game i said GG and he said "Whatever i refuse to count that as a win for you" My fuckign controller" then....he said your a horrible f**king player" and he said "Screw you little kid" and eariler "now listen here 16 year old brat"..well whos the brat??? you...you lost in a game...o and im a horrible f**king player??? although yes i will admit im no where near the level of the great players on this site but i do think i could get more people then you to back me up and say i am a good player so...mr "Adult" you just got beat by a 14 year old kid who has more respect than you...dr.pizza...up yours.

post-417-1178428419_thumb.jpg

i think this whole unsportsmanlike thing is becoming a problem. I'm pretty sure that early on when this community started, there was a strong 'code' of sportsmanship. Now there's loads of s**t talking and bragging every time I play a simple game of 94. gg. that's all you need to say. maybe talking about how to improve your game or even giving some healthy criticism is fine. but 'you f**king suck' or other such instances of immature name calling isn't the way to handle a loss, or a win for that matter.

judging from that screen shot NJK, it appears you egged him on a bit by saying "I WON:}" I would suggest that you don't provoke him like that, and don't dignify what he says with a response because that'll just keep him going.

It is rather childish and cowardly to speak the way Dr. Pizza did, because I guaruntee no one would speak that way to a person face to face. There are plenty of other people that have a higher sense of being behind the computer screen too. I'd be all about a written code of conduct as mr. skool says, where penalties follow warnings and are severe enough to end this harassment no one (I hope) wants. Yet... none of these are my leagues. If Evan, Dmitry, or anyone else in charge of a league feels the same way, then they can write up the charter, or issue a group of guys to write up a set of ground rules. If you think it's a good idea, talk to those guys about it.

After reading that... I'm pretty much 100% on your side NJK.

Quotes from Dr. Pizza

"Needless to say, the little 14 year old punk got what i refuse to call a victory. And i will not acknowledge it.

Here is why.

1. I am one of the most dedicated players in this league. While he is NEVER online.

2. Im 22 years old, and hes 14 years old, seriously... you gonna believe him over me?

3. He was cussing me out and *** at me because of the problems i was having."

1. Being dedicated isn't a reason to rule in your favor. It seems you are being tyrannical about which goals "should" be allowed. Last time I checked... a goal was a goal, no matter how it was scored.

2. Yes, I am going to believe him more than you. Age doesn't imply maturity. More than half the guys in this community are over 22... so don't feel empowered by your age.

3. It seems you were cussing at him as well, Dr. Pizza. You are 22, maybe you should be the bigger man and not retaliate(or initiate).

I think I am supposed to be taking over the Colorado Avalanche in this league... but with the leaguedaddy.com format, and coaches like Dr. Pizza, I don't think I'm real interested anymore.

i knew this would happen guys, we all have to calm down and remember that this is a video game, alright pizza and njk? not blaming anyone but if this still goes on you may get the boot

i knew this would happen guys, we all have to calm down and remember that this is a video game, alright pizza and njk? not blaming anyone but if this still goes on you may get the boot

I don't think "the boot" is necessary, but the strong feelings of sportsmanship, respect, and even brotherhood is one of the things that drew me back into this game in the first place. Those qualities need to be upheld for a league to thrive and grow.

(Please note that I am not bashing either of these guys personally, PIzza is always cool with me and I don't recall even talking to NJKiller)

i think this whole unsportsmanlike thing is becoming a problem. I'm pretty sure that early on when this community started, there was a strong 'code' of sportsmanship. Now there's loads of s**t talking and bragging every time I play a simple game of 94. gg. that's all you need to say. maybe talking about how to improve your game or even giving some healthy criticism is fine. but 'you f**king suck' or other such instances of immature name calling isn't the way to handle a loss, or a win for that matter.

Thanks skoolyard.

The man speaks the truth. I don't know when this started getting out of hand, but it's disappointing. We almost never had these types of issues in the leagues from Fall 2006 and before. It seems some guys prefer to post/IM unnecessary comments around the community. Please don't take your frustrations to the forums if you're not going to be smart about it.

Think about the community as a whole before making these types of comments, with new guys seeing how the leagues are and becoming turned off. Like skoolyard said, say GG and make good critcisms afterwards. You're going to win some, and lose some.

-Evan

Yup, it's all about having fun, win or LOSE! I'm 2-16-1, and I don't mind! :D haha

Oh, and matthurray, I gave you a team in the league, you're Edmonton. It would be nice to be able to contact you on AIM. My aim is brownmagic1919, so please try and add me when you can.