NHL'94 Forums

Error in NHL 94 2007 edition

mack

If you grab the latest 94 edition of my site, they are completed to the end of this past season. I think Fleury was pointed out earlier but thanks. There's no way I can get 700-800 guys correct.

Enjoy.

Thanks for your help, Mack. I find the downloads section of your site especially convenient, as you have your hacks there. This probably may have been mentioned to you before, but your 2002-03 roster of NHL '95 was an error-fest. I was surprised to start playing and see Mario Lemieux being left-handed, while players like Morozov and Straka were somehow right-handed. I didn't give a crap about the players' pictures before the games being wrong... who cares about that? But I was a little disappointed by what I saw in players like Lemieux in that particular rom. Oh well. The way I see it, it's the 2002-03 roster... ancient history. Who gives a crap about that right now? I just thought I would point out those particular errors to you in case you weren't alerted about them. But like I said, that rom is ancient history, so I won't be bitching out that one.

If you ever need help with any factual information pertaining to NHL players (name spelling, hands they shoot with, jersey numbers, etc), don't be afraid to send a PM to me. I would gladly help!

As for your updated roster of the NHL '94 rom... LOVE IT! I was a little disappointed to see some of the goalie ratings being significantly lower than they were in your previous update of NHL '94; however, I'm not going to b***h about them. You did a marvelous job in updating the ratings of other players (Crosby from a 78 to a 96, Malkin from like a 71 to an 88). I can't wait to see what other much-needed improvements you made on the other NHLers in that rom! :)

Last, but not least... Mack, you said that we all have the ability to edit the ratings with Wboy or whatever the heck that's called. I have NO EXPERIENCE in computer programming. Would this be a program that I could download for free somewhere? Would this be a program that is simple to use? I'm no computer wizard; however, I'm not oblivious to how computers work, either. I know how to use the software applications that I have. But when it comes to programming and editing the rom -- or hacking it, or whatever the heck you call it -- to update the ratings to my own liking... I feel a sense of paranoia as if I were going to blow the computer up if I do something wrong. :mellow:

My apologies for a somewhat rather lengthy post here. But I am curious as to Wboy or whatever it's called, and whether it's simple enough for anybody to use it. If you or anybody else can help provide answers, I'd greatly appreciate (if you send, send it via PM or via posting here). Since I'm a new member to this board... I mean no disrespect to the rest of you when I say that I appreciate any answers you can provide as to use the use of Wboy; however, I would trust Mack more than I trust the rest of you (as I know that he obviously can use the program because he's the one who hacked the roms and provided them). No disrespect or slighting any of you intended!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head to hexaddicts.com and download wboys (he's a member - not a thing) NOSE editor. Edit anything to your heart's content. It's quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Head to hexaddicts.com and download wboys (he's a member - not a thing) NOSE editor. Edit anything to your heart's content. It's quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Thanks. I'll check it out. By the way, if you are providing another NHL '94 updated roster rom anytime soon, I would recommend fixing Ilya Kovalchuk of the Atlanta Thrashers. In your latest hack, you have him as a lefty (he's supposed to be right-handed).

• 1 month later...

OMG!! what is with the lack of Mark Eaton?? His absence totally ruined the rom! :D I'm just busting your balls dude. I love your rom and play it all the time. Can't wait for next years addition! Keep up the good work!