NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Hey everybody,

I'm Brian from Indianapolis. I actually grew up playing NHLPA '93, so the whole concept of one-timers is like a new toy I can't stop playing with. I was born in Indy, but lived in Detroit, Minneapolis, Buffalo, Indy again, Miami, and Indy again.

I lived in MN during the last 3 years of the North Stars, and went to 4th grade with Neal Broten's daughter Brooke, and Bobby Smith's son Ryan, who became my best friend. When the North Stars lost in the Cup finals to Pittsburgh, I was crushed, and when the team moved to Dallas, it was worse than my parents getting divorced. I still wear North Stars stuff, and have one of Jon Casey's old sticks laying around. To Whomever the Dallas coach is this year, please note I'll be playing with a certain zeal against them. Nothing personal, only business....

I'm almost embarrassed about how excited I am to join this league.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm Cardinalhockey3 on AIM and on our league site.

awesome story : )

I'm Dallas in the Blitz league -- I'm sure you'll be happy with my performance.

awesome story : )

I'm Dallas in the Blitz league -- I'm sure you'll be happy with my performance.

I'm so torn. I loved all those guys, but I wanted Norm Green (the owner) to get hit by a fuel truck. I was mad at the franchise. Mike Modano, if you're reading this, I can't stay mad at you....

Edited by Salty Dog

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I grew up playing the NHL games and couldn't stop playing '94 on GENS. I used to dominate with Gilmour but I doubt it'll be that easy online!

Interested in playing online - played a few games against a friend last week and had a blast.

AIM: ericknigge@hotmail.com

Edited by eggink444

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I feel like I'm probably going to get a few boos and hisses from the hardcore players here because of the way I've played this game.

I've only played the SNES version, and I haven't played a season (only single games).

Over the years my brothers and I played this growing up, we always played on the same team working against the computer. At first we were terrible, so we kept penalties off and played as the All Stars East. We always played against the Tampa Bay Lightning since we think they're the worst team.

After a while playing this way, we got better and started winning all the time. We started getting 20 and 30 goals a game, and also usually had 5 players, so we started to pull the goalie for a 6th man. The first few games were difficult without the goalie, but soon we were winning by huge margins again.

Eventually our play style turned ugly. We started going for body checks since goals didn't mean much to us anymore. We kept with the All Stars East vs Tampa Bay Lightning since they became our arch rivals. Early on we would get about 150 checks while still focusing on goals. We were excited when we had 300 body checks for the first time in a single game. But our numbers continued to rise. We started to average about 500 checks per game. Our record for a while became 768. We knew we could get 800, so we pushed for some time usually getting low to mid 700's. Then one fateful day when Ron Barr smiled upon us, we got our all time record of 911 body checks in one game! We skipped the 800's entirely with that game. We would have gotten a picture, but in our crazed excitement, someone bumped the SNES and it bugged out the game.

Doing the math, I've figured to get 900 body checks, we averaged 60 checks per person per period (pppp). That's 3 checks per person every minute of game time. My personal best checks pppp was when my brother and I played two player and managed to get 540 checks total. That comes to 90 checks pppp. We did get a picture of that, however, I'm not sure you can tell it was just two of us playing.

For goal records, we've gotten 72 goals in a game with 5 players. I had a personal best of 54 goals in a single player game.

Our highest crowd meter average I think was 126.

We consider it a cardinal sin to pass when we play for body checks. Having 0/0 passes makes us smile. Once, a friend played with us and half way through the game he asked "What's the 'B' button do?" (B passes fyi). We actually started keeping a tally of every time we injure Chris Kontos because he's always the leading scorer on their team. The name Kontos brings much shaking of fists and under-the-breathe cursing when uttered during a game.

So anyway, hope I didn't freak anyone out. I'd LOVE to hear if anyone has even heard of a body check high score that tops our 911.

Nice story bud. Cant say I've ever heard of that many hits (or even close to it) in a game. Welcome to the site!

np bud....your next step (and your friends' next step) is to play online!

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while already, but thought to introduce my self just now. I have history in playing NHL Hockey on PC, or as we always called it "ysinelonen", means 94 in finnish. That was, and still is THE most best greatest game, ever. So, then few years ago I bought this silly small "gaming console". A set of two Sega gamepads (linked together with cable) that you attach to your TV with RCA and then you can play NHL94 and Fifa. Great item to sell! :D I found that visiting Stockholm, cost something like 10 bucks.

With that set we started to have tournaments with few of my friends, but soon wanted to enhance the gaming experience, move closer to "the original NHL Hockey", original to us. :) I tested every version of NHL 93/94/95 on both console emu's, SNES and Gens. Closest to PC game was this SNES version, NHL 94. After that we have played NHL 94 on Zsnes for hours and hours. I would say that my graduation delayed because of the game. When we didn't have lessons to go, we just went to school to play on big screen in an empty class room. Online experience with ZSnes is great too! We've hade several tournaments and a league also. In two weeks we'll have a tournament, has been a long time... My palms are alrady sweating.

To add something special here, I would like to ask you guys a question. How many of you do have a X-ray picture of Stanley Cup? :) I do... Some benefits working in a international airport. Those times I also met for example Jari Kurri multiple times. Also met Oleg Petrov. (from MTL #6 on bench in NHL Hockey, maybe the best skills in the game) I think he was playing then for some Russian team. Of course met a lot of NHL guys, but these ones I remember well, for certain reason...

Has anyone done a NHL Hockey mod for SNES here? I'm planning to do one. To get rid of FLA and ANH, and get Minnesota back! Can't stand Vanbiesbrouk in FLA. Again, my NHL Hockey history... There is also some strange things going with the line-ups?! Do I remember that Modano is on wing and stuff?

Anyway, I'm the happiest guy to see so many still playing (forgive me praising here) thee best (sports) game ever made. I will create an AIM account asap. Hamachi already is well known NHL-venue here too.

Nice to meet you!

Mikko

Anyway, I'm the happiest guy to see so many still playing (forgive me praising here) thee best (sports) game ever made. I will create an AIM account asap. Hamachi already is well known NHL-venue here too.

Nice to meet you!

Mikko

When you get an AIM, add me: c4outlaws and we can play a few games

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while already, but thought to introduce my self just now. I have history in playing NHL Hockey on PC, or as we always called it "ysinelonen", means 94 in finnish. That was, and still is THE most best greatest game, ever. So, then few years ago I bought this silly small "gaming console". A set of two Sega gamepads (linked together with cable) that you attach to your TV with RCA and then you can play NHL94 and Fifa. Great item to sell! :D I found that visiting Stockholm, cost something like 10 bucks.

With that set we started to have tournaments with few of my friends, but soon wanted to enhance the gaming experience, move closer to "the original NHL Hockey", original to us. :) I tested every version of NHL 93/94/95 on both console emu's, SNES and Gens. Closest to PC game was this SNES version, NHL 94. After that we have played NHL 94 on Zsnes for hours and hours. I would say that my graduation delayed because of the game. When we didn't have lessons to go, we just went to school to play on big screen in an empty class room. Online experience with ZSnes is great too! We've hade several tournaments and a league also. In two weeks we'll have a tournament, has been a long time... My palms are alrady sweating.

To add something special here, I would like to ask you guys a question. How many of you do have a X-ray picture of Stanley Cup? :) I do... Some benefits working in a international airport. Those times I also met for example Jari Kurri multiple times. Also met Oleg Petrov. (from MTL #6 on bench in NHL Hockey, maybe the best skills in the game) I think he was playing then for some Russian team. Of course met a lot of NHL guys, but these ones I remember well, for certain reason...

Has anyone done a NHL Hockey mod for SNES here? I'm planning to do one. To get rid of FLA and ANH, and get Minnesota back! Can't stand Vanbiesbrouk in FLA. Again, my NHL Hockey history... There is also some strange things going with the line-ups?! Do I remember that Modano is on wing and stuff?

Nice to meet you!

Mikko

Great story bud...you rock! welcome to the site!

and yes there are a few versions of snes roms. check the downloads forums!

When you get an AIM, add me: c4outlaws and we can play a few games

I created mine today. Nick is: sp3c1alsm1th

I'll install the app on my computer when at home and start adding people. See you then! I will lose so bad... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I just found this site thinking "How the hell have I missed out on NHL 94 online play?"

I still have my genesis and NHL 94 (and NHLPA 93). Whenever anyone wants a game with line changes and offsides, hit me up on AIM at this same name

E: Specialsmith - I also played the PC version of the game with a Sidewinder pad. Great game and better than the SNES one in my opinion. But no game logged more hours of my time than the Genesis one

Edited by LEE2706

Hey there.

Unlike most NHL94 players here (from what I've seen,) I haven't been hooked to the game for too long. I'm still terrible at the game; the Tampa Bay Lightning still manage to win when I'm the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I'm still trying to get that one-timer down pat. But practice makes perfect .. right?

Hope to have a great time here.

Hey I just found this site thinking "How the hell have I missed out on NHL 94 online play?"

I still have my genesis and NHL 94 (and NHLPA 93). Whenever anyone wants a game with line changes and offsides, hit me up on AIM at this same name

E: Specialsmith - I also played the PC version of the game with a Sidewinder pad. Great game and better than the SNES one in my opinion. But no game logged more hours of my time than the Genesis one

welcome to the site bud!

Hey there.

Unlike most NHL94 players here (from what I've seen,) I haven't been hooked to the game for too long. I'm still terrible at the game; the Tampa Bay Lightning still manage to win when I'm the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I'm still trying to get that one-timer down pat. But practice makes perfect .. right?

welcome...and yes...play as often as you can and you'll get better quickly!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, stumbled upon this amazing forum while in search of nhl 94 facts on the net.

Not too sure what I'm getting myself into, would like to play a game or two with someone who'd be willing to show me what this online thing is about.

I've kinda always considered myself pretty good, usally whomp on all my friends but it seems I might be facing a challenge here.

I play the sega version, usally do 7 game playoff series'. Average score is about 15 goals per game. Can't imagine that's too good after reading up on some of these threads. Not hip to some lingo either.

Heres the dealbreaker; not even that big of an actually hockey or NHL fan, just NHL 94, don't judge too harshly please.

Favorite teams to play with are; Flyers, Penguins, Blackhawks.

Well, I guess that's it.

Aim=buckinghamween

Anything I should know about? What are average scores?

Not too sure what I'm getting myself into, would like to play a game or two with someone who'd be willing to show me what this online thing is about.

I'm usually on at night (judging by your post you may be too), I'll be happy to play some games -- AIM: KingRaph

• 1 month later...

Hey all... Names Fank...

was lured over here from snesot.com...

Im a Snes Only player... And still young to the game.

Im from a tiny island in the south pacific called New Zealand...

Availability... Im generally available (pending on timezone...) but i like playing at night for some reason.

... Anything else?

oh yeah.... In terms of connection Hamachi only... I dont like downloading a million and one things.

Also i have a silent rule of no friendlies during the season... I have a busy enough schedule as is...

dont want to soak my life in it.

Mainly here for some more game time... Will be mainly participating in the seasons...

Im Not really into hockey... just like watchimg/ playing it

Well hi

Edited by fank009

Hey all... Names Fank...

was lured over here from snesot.com...

Im a Snes Only player... And still young to the game.

Im from a tiny island in the south pacific called New Zealand...

Availability... Im generally available (pending on timezone...) but i like playing at night for some reason.

... Anything else?

oh yeah.... In terms of connection Hamachi only... I dont like downloading a million and one things.

Also i have a silent rule of no friendlies during the season... I have a busy enough schedule as is...

dont want to soak my life in it.

Mainly here for some more game time... Will be mainly participating in the seasons...

Im Not really into hockey... just like watchimg/ playing it

Well hi

Welcome to the site bud...hopefully you'll enjoy the season!

Hey everyone, my name is Sean...and I'm an NHL 94 addict. I guess it all started when my dad purchased NHL 94 for Super Nintendo just after it came out. I played the game constantly although I was horrible back then, although it didn't take too long for me to start dominating the computer at it. Despite having no issues with beating computer competition I've consistently gone back to NHL 94 over the years, and I've constantly been looking for a new challenge. I've won the Cup with Anaheim and no goalie plenty of times before, I've won plenty of multiplayer battles with friends, but now that I've got my SNES controller working on my PC, I finally feel like I'm ready for the challenge of online multiplayer. I really look forward to a new era with my favorite game of all time.

As you can tell by my username, I love my San Jose Sharks. About 95% of my time with NHL 94 has been spent playing with them, so getting a new team for a season online will be an interesting challenge. But I'm definitely open to playing practice games with everyone, my AIM nickname is jagsandniners23. Feel free to IM me and I'll be around for some friendlies.

Hey there.

Tip on Sega: the lighter players can actually check better than the heavy players, and the heavy players are easier to knock down than the light guys! knowing that.. changes everything. That's why Pittsburgh is not a great team on the Sega, since all their top players weight around 220 lbs.

(although there is a hack to fix this bug.. but it's a big bug in the original game)

Hi, everyone. I'm Charles from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I just came about this site recently and thought it might be fun to try to sign up for a league and play NHL 94 against other players. I haven't played the game for very long myself, but I used to play NHL 95 on my old SNES when I was younger.

Hopefully I can get into some games against other players, especially since I need a test game. My AIM is wonderroast, and I try to be online between 6 and 8pm Central Time.

Hey everyone, my name is Sean...and I'm an NHL 94 addict. I guess it all started when my dad purchased NHL 94 for Super Nintendo just after it came out. I played the game constantly although I was horrible back then, although it didn't take too long for me to start dominating the computer at it. Despite having no issues with beating computer competition I've consistently gone back to NHL 94 over the years, and I've constantly been looking for a new challenge. I've won the Cup with Anaheim and no goalie plenty of times before, I've won plenty of multiplayer battles with friends, but now that I've got my SNES controller working on my PC, I finally feel like I'm ready for the challenge of online multiplayer. I really look forward to a new era with my favorite game of all time.

As you can tell by my username, I love my San Jose Sharks. About 95% of my time with NHL 94 has been spent playing with them, so getting a new team for a season online will be an interesting challenge. But I'm definitely open to playing practice games with everyone, my AIM nickname is jagsandniners23. Feel free to IM me and I'll be around for some friendlies.

BOOM...welcome to the site bud...lots of great buds to play against. good luck!

Hi, everyone. I'm Charles from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I just came about this site recently and thought it might be fun to try to sign up for a league and play NHL 94 against other players. I haven't played the game for very long myself, but I used to play NHL 95 on my old SNES when I was younger.

Hopefully I can get into some games against other players, especially since I need a test game. My AIM is wonderroast, and I try to be online between 6 and 8pm Central Time.

Welcome to the site bud...hopefully you'll enjoy your stay! NHL95 is the devil ;)

hello all my name is joe. my dad and i used to play 93 and 94 all the time back in the day. 93 just for the fights :D In 94 whoever had the winning streak was later forced to play as ottawa

i've been playing 94 religiously lately with offsides and line changes against the comp. can't wait to get some online games started

Hello all!

You have a great forum here! I still remember the first time I saw this game on pc back in 94 because that was the day when we stopped playing Face Off B) Besides some nostalgic tournaments with my old friends I haven´t really played since those days. When I read about this online league I just couldn´t resist :D Maybe it´s time for some practice then..

My aim is drusnak20 - feel free to challenge! I might be online a bit weird times for some of you because I´m from Finland but don´t let it bother you too much :)

Hello all!

You have a great forum here! I still remember the first time I saw this game on pc back in 94 because that was the day when we stopped playing Face Off B) Besides some nostalgic tournaments with my old friends I haven´t really played since those days. When I read about this online league I just couldn´t resist :D Maybe it´s time for some practice then..

My aim is drusnak20 - feel free to challenge! I might be online a bit weird times for some of you because I´m from Finland but don´t let it bother you too much :)

Another finn! Welcome to the site bud. Lots of guys around to help you get set up. Good luck!

hello all my name is joe. my dad and i used to play 93 and 94 all the time back in the day. 93 just for the fights :D In 94 whoever had the winning streak was later forced to play as ottawa

i've been playing 94 religiously lately with offsides and line changes against the comp. can't wait to get some online games started

Thanks for signing up...make sure you dad signs up too...haha:)

Hello all

Pretty excited about playing in the league. Not gonna lie, this game was a huge part of my life growing up.

Glad to be here, cant wait to get started.

Need to download Himachi, the file that lets us play each other online. i have a Gen emulator that i run on my nintendo wii to play sega gamea but dont know how to download himachi onto my wii or if u even can. Any info from a commish or someone who has been in the league and accomplished this would be great.