NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Hello all

Pretty excited about playing in the league. Not gonna lie, this game was a huge part of my life growing up.

Glad to be here, cant wait to get started.

Need to download Himachi, the file that lets us play each other online. i have a Gen emulator that i run on my nintendo wii to play sega gamea but dont know how to download himachi onto my wii or if u even can. Any info from a commish or someone who has been in the league and accomplished this would be great.

Welcome to the site bud. Make sure you get a test game and get confirmed, if you haven't already.

hamachi is available here(right side of page part way down)

Hey my names Lambros and I'm pretty new to the game... Love hockey love the islanders lol and i play on SNESOT.com and snes is my preferred system

welcome aboard....great to have ya! and hopefully you'll enjoy the season!

Hello all

Pretty excited about playing in the league. Not gonna lie, this game was a huge part of my life growing up.

Glad to be here, cant wait to get started.

Need to download Himachi, the file that lets us play each other online. i have a Gen emulator that i run on my nintendo wii to play sega gamea but dont know how to download himachi onto my wii or if u even can. Any info from a commish or someone who has been in the league and accomplished this would be great.

How can I get the GENS emulator running on my Wii? Through Homebrew channel?

Welcome to the community, though there are a couple other ladies here. My wife (egg), and Donny's lady have posted here, so you're not the only lady in the crowd!

-Evan

i did not know egg was ur wife!!! i guess thats what happens when u read 5 year old posts.... lol

and then y'all scared her away....

Hey NHL 94 enthusiasts. I just played my test game and am ready for my first taste of league action. I apologize in advance for taking runs at your guys after the whistle.

Welcome to the site bud. I'll let the rest of the league know you're a cheap shot artist ;)

I played my first game yesterday and it was great! NHL94.com is the site I needed!

Awesome bud...welcome to the site and good luck!

Hey i'm from Sweden and I like videogames, hockey and some other stuff. And i'm really excited about joining this board and the fall season which i'm gonna be LA Kings in Gens-C-league. So cheers all!

Welcome to the site bud....we have 3 other swedes playing this season, although they play the SNES version.

hi, just found this site... had no idea people still played this game! so sick!

lookin for gens action, any year, 94 is chill. hmu on aim, my screen name is the same.

for some reason when i emulate any nhl's for snes i get really laggy and glitchy sounds although the game plays smoothly?? any ideas? i run Snesx9 1.39. iv tried a couple diff rom versions of nhl, they all do it. it only seems to be the nhl titles as well, other games play fine. :confused:

hi, just found this site... had no idea people still played this game! so sick!

lookin for gens action, any year, 94 is chill. hmu on aim, my screen name is the same.

for some reason when i emulate any nhl's for snes i get really laggy and glitchy sounds although the game plays smoothly?? any ideas? i run Snesx9 1.39. iv tried a couple diff rom versions of nhl, they all do it. it only seems to be the nhl titles as well, other games play fine. :confused:

welcome to the site bud! we had 90 teams assigned for this years league between gens and snes. the most ever! time for you to sign up and get a game in bud.

downloads and registration can found here

http://nhl94online.com/index.php

snes uses zsnes 1.42

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to the site bud! we had 90 teams assigned for this years league between gens and snes. the most ever! time for you to sign up and get a game in bud.

downloads and registration can found here

http://nhl94online.com/index.php

snes uses zsnes 1.42

Hey guys,

I just signed up for the gen a league (but would take the gen b league, seems to be an opening). I need a test game. I'm so pumped...been playing nhl since 93!!!

Hey guys,

I just signed up for the gen a league (but would take the gen b league, seems to be an opening). I need a test game. I'm so pumped...been playing nhl since 93!!!

r u on AIM yet? add me: gretzkyonacold

If i'm on, I'll help you with your test game. Also, have you registered for fall classic to get yourself on the waiting list?

r u on AIM yet? add me: gretzkyonacold

If i'm on, I'll help you with your test game. Also, have you registered for fall classic to get yourself on the waiting list?

I have registered, but for gen a. Should I register again, but for gen c? Also, I am new at this forum, not sure how to add you to the im (but I see it at the toolbar). I sent you a pm (responded to yours), any instruction you could provide to get me going would be appreciated. Pumped to play nhl 94!!!

I have registered, but for gen a. Should I register again, but for gen c? Also, I am new at this forum, not sure how to add you to the im (but I see it at the toolbar). I sent you a pm (responded to yours), any instruction you could provide to get me going would be appreciated. Pumped to play nhl 94!!!

you dont need to register again...we can put you in whereever. Also...you should add him to AIM....AOL instant messenger. it is the best way to reach people...gl!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new!

I used to play NHL 94 a lot as a kid, and have never really stopped playing it ... :) I'd love to play online as well, but I might need some help to get things going.

I have downloaded the GENS emulator and Hamachi, but the "netplay" option in GENS looked completely different from the picture in the guideline (http://nhl94online.c...g-started.php). I don't know what to click ...

Any advice?

I don't use instant messenger-stuff, but feel free to drop me a PM! :)

Hi, I'm new!

I used to play NHL 94 a lot as a kid, and have never really stopped playing it ... :) I'd love to play online as well, but I might need some help to get things going.

I have downloaded the GENS emulator and Hamachi, but the "netplay" option in GENS looked completely different from the picture in the guideline (http://nhl94online.c...g-started.php). I don't know what to click ...

Any advice?

I don't use instant messenger-stuff, but feel free to drop me a PM! :)

I highly recommend installing AIM -- it's how this community primarily communicates, particularly for setting up games. It's easy to see who is available at the moment, and also will be used to communicate as you're setting up. Sign up, let us know your AIM...I'm usually on at night (>9 EST), so feel free to IM me if you see me...I'll be glad to help you get up and running.

Hello everyone. I am probably the lamest NOOB to ever join. I recently got a Genesis and found your site, and thought the idea of playing an old game with an updated rooster was super cool.

Now the really lame part. I am not a hockey fan, I don't know the rules and I have never played a hockey video game.

The good part. I bought the game at a used video games store and although I am lost about how to play I love it. Looks super cool. I also downloaded the manual and am going to study and it and try real hard to learn to play. I really don't understand why a classic Hockey game seems so cool, it just does.

I have alway been a ColecoVision guy, it your a fan of the system and a member of AtariAge you probably will recognize the username.

Anyone that wants to share any tips about learning to play, they would be much appreciated.

Hello everyone. I am probably the lamest NOOB to ever join. I recently got a Genesis and found your site, and thought the idea of playing an old game with an updated rooster was super cool.

Now the really lame part. I am not a hockey fan, I don't know the rules and I have never played a hockey video game.

The good part. I bought the game at a used video games store and although I am lost about how to play I love it. Looks super cool. I also downloaded the manual and am going to study and it and try real hard to learn to play. I really don't understand why a classic Hockey game seems so cool, it just does.

I have alway been a ColecoVision guy, it your a fan of the system and a member of AtariAge you probably will recognize the username.

Anyone that wants to share any tips about learning to play, they would be much appreciated.

There's only 3 buttons, so it shouldn't take too long to get started playing. :D Best advice is to just start playing a lot! Once you start beating up the computer, come back for some online play.

@JLa

(cross post) i had same problem.

am i missing something?

running gens 2.14 when i click file>netplay i get: 2rxe9ud.jpg

not this: gens-netplay-window.png

you have the non-p2p kaillera

download kailleraclient.dll from http://blitz94.com/downloads.asp and replace the one in your current emu

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm new to the site, but not new to the game. NHL '94 is actually the first ever hockey game I had the pleasure of playing growing up. I generally used the Penguins, since I'm from the Pittsburgh area. I love the game and I also love the Building Lines with AJ section. Anyway, glad to be here.

Hi my name is Brent. I am new in a way seeing i only made my first forum post today after being a member since 2009. I been wanting to play but not sure about the time and all.

Do you guys use an old computer that has nothing on it? I have used Hamachi before and it really leaves you at risk. Just wondering how you guys handle it.

Thanks

Brent

Hi my name is Brent. I am new in a way seeing i only made my first forum post today after being a member since 2009. I been wanting to play but not sure about the time and all.

Do you guys use an old computer that has nothing on it? I have used Hamachi before and it really leaves you at risk. Just wondering how you guys handle it.

Thanks

Brent

There was a thread discussing potential Hamachi issues, but as far as I know, there haven't been any problems using Hamachi. If you're really nervous about having a P2P connection, you can always play via server (client), where you and your opponent connect to a server and play there. Also used frequently.