NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

haven't confirmed any new guys lately and I think I am in the protege market! so any new guys looking to dominate b/c league this year hit me up for some games and if you have some raw skills I can help groom the next great jeremy roenick

just played my first test game today. definitely in the mentor market. you'll hear from me soon.

Hello everyone! Saw a post about this on reddit, and thought it sounded fun. I'm a big hockey fan, and I love the old EA Sports hockey games. Hopefully I'll provide some solid competition, but if I get my butt whipped, well, so be it.

Looking forward to playing! :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Hello everyone! Saw a post about this on reddit, and thought it sounded fun. I'm a big hockey fan, and I love the old EA Sports hockey games. Hopefully I'll provide some solid competition, but if I get my butt whipped, well, so be it.

Welcome! You should consider playing in the fall classic! Registration closes today, and we need one more: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14564-fall-classic-2012-registration-begins/

Also, let us know your AIM name and we can get some exhibition games in!

That was mine :P

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I've lurked around the place for a while and finally decided to make an actual account. I don't know if my computer will be able to handle the requirements of online play, but I still think you guys have a great community that I'd like to be a part of.

Hey everyone! I've lurked around the place for a while and finally decided to make an actual account. I don't know if my computer will be able to handle the requirements of online play, but I still think you guys have a great community that I'd like to be a part of.

Lolll Sicarius!

Welcome to the site bud!

Wassup homefries? Ranger_Will_2012 here. You can just call me Will. Is it a problem that I have a MacBook Pro? Please respond because I love NHL 94 and would love to be part of this league.

Welcome!

There's a mac subforum: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/forum/141-mac-users/

From what I could quickly read, it seems that you can't play online from a mac unless you run parallels or some other program like that. Hopefully you can get up an running and join some leagues soon!

If you get around to it, sign up for AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) and let us know your screenname. It's the primary way we contact each other for games.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm 31 years old, living in Belgium (Europe).

I found this forum while I was trying to find out how to play NHL94 online.

Great to see there are still a lot of people who like this game!

I played NHL94 a lot when I was a kid. I recently started playing again and still like it a lot!

I'm wondering if there are also European gamers active on this forum.

Guess playing with American gamers just gives too much lag... or am I wrong?

Hope to find some people to play a couple of matches against and maybe one day, participate in the competition.

Greetz,

Nosfer`

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

It's been awhile... thought my first post back deserved to be in the rookies forum. Thinking about getting back in these days. Missin the community and good to see some of the same guys around! Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to hearing more about the upcoming GDL X season

Hi guys,

It's been awhile... thought my first post back deserved to be in the rookies forum. Thinking about getting back in these days. Missin the community and good to see some of the same guys around! Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to hearing more about the upcoming GDL X season

Welcome back Rook! ;)

and by Rook I mean former GDL 2 Champion!

Hipcheck, you really should change that long profile text to something brief. welcome back!

Hi guys,

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah...welcome back!

If anyone wants to play exhibition, add fromdacradle2dagrave@yahoo.com on AIM. If you're a new player I'd be more than happy to walk you through setting up hamachi and netplay on zsnes. I had a couple regulars from the site help me out with getting started, so I'd like to pass along the same hospitality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...new guy here. Been meaning to join for a while. Great that a site like this even exists...awesome to see so many fellow NHL '94 fans, but it's not surprising given that game is the best.

I'm hoping to get on the Blitz Farm league waiting list. I will seek out that particular thread. Also, I am a GENS fan - and my AIM is Yzerman19! - thanks.

Good to meet you all.

Hi...new guy here. Been meaning to join for a while. Great that a site like this even exists...awesome to see so many fellow NHL '94 fans, but it's not surprising given that game is the best.

I'm hoping to get on the Blitz Farm league waiting list. I will seek out that particular thread. Also, I am a GENS fan - and my AIM is Yzerman19! - thanks.

Good to meet you all.

Welcome. If you don't get into Blitz, you should get into the next classic season.

In the meantime, feel free to hit me (or anyone else on the forum) up for games.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm new here, but I am VERY interested in playing in an online league or at least online exhibition matches or something. I need help on how to get everything set up what with which emulators to use and all that.

I'm new here, but I am VERY interested in playing in an online league or at least online exhibition matches or something. I need help on how to get everything set up what with which emulators to use and all that.

Hi, welcome! I recommend reading the "Getting Started" page on nhl94online.com. This is for both Genesis and SNES.

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.php

Also download AIM and let us know your AIM screenname. That's our primary way of contacting each other to play games.

Feel free to post your questions on the forums, PM me, or hit me up on AIM (screenname: kingraph).

Hope to see you around!

Thanks for the link, I am interested in being able to play exhibition matches against real players online as well as joining leagues but when I clicked on the roms package link a "404 not found" thingy popped up, my AIM is jamesdavidsiegel and my email is jamesdavidsiegel@yahoo.com if there's any way to find the correct emulator etc. I may need a walkthrough regarding this, I am somewhat unskilled in manually doing things of this nature. I do have an emulator now but it is Fusion364 version.

Edited by BewareThePenguins

Thanks for the link, I am interested in being able to play exhibition matches against real players online as well as joining leagues but when I clicked on the roms package link a "404 not found" thingy popped up, my AIM is jamesdavidsiegel and my email is jamesdavidsiegel@yahoo.com if there's any way to find the correct emulator etc. I may need a walkthrough regarding this, I am somewhat unskilled in manually doing things of this nature. I do have an emulator now but it is Fusion364 version.

Sorry, didn't notice that. Will have to ask Chaos to update the site.

The download packages can actually be found on the bottom right of the http://www.nhl94online.com/ homepage.

Click Gens Package

It will be a ZIP file that contains the GENS emulator, the kaillera.dll file to play online, and the nhl94.bin ROM. Extract and save the folder to your computer. Fire up GENS and configure your controller/keyboard (Options --> Joypads). Once you're able to play the CPU, I'll be happy to guide you through an online game.

I'm on AIM now for a bit if you want to chat. You can also add these people to your AIM and they would be happy to help:

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=gens

Thanks a bunch, by all means don't wait on me, but I am going to download the necessary items to be able to play online, then I'll message you on AIM and add the list of people you gave me. Once again thanks. ttyl. Also, feel free to add me to the list of online players.

Edited by BewareThePenguins

Found the site after reminiscing with a friend. NHL 94 and 95, Double Dribble, and all Tecmo Bowl games were our go to games. I have been doing the TSB hacks for a while and had no idea there was one for NHL 94.I wanna thank the coders for their time to making a great game even better. I wish I had the skills to help, cause I have the time. Thanks again and I am glad to be a part of the community.

welcome. read around... you could learn a lot. I had no skills when I got here and now I have slightly more. have fun.

Howdy everyone. I am a transplant from TecmoBowl.org and am pretty excited to sink my teeth in. The hacking you have performed with these ROMs is insane. It is super cool to see other communities doing this to keep the best sports games alive.

Now if we could only expand our SNES ROM to 32 teams...

be the guy that figures that out or brings such a person into the fold. 30 would suffice (for now).

welcome!

Hi All,

Would love to do a test match with anyone who has the time to help me get started. Been playing NES RBI online through hamachi for a few years now so hopefully can figure things out without too much trouble. Already downloaded simulator/rom and played computer with success. AIM is judd_disch@yahoo.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Would love to do a test match with anyone who has the time to help me get started. Been playing NES RBI online through hamachi for a few years now so hopefully can figure things out without too much trouble. Already downloaded simulator/rom and played computer with success. AIM is judd_disch@yahoo.

Thanks!

welcome!

how did you find out about the site bud?

if you are playing genesis...be sure to contact kingraph on aim.

Hi guys. I'm MGK. I came to this forum because I talk with Knobbe, who runs / owns TecmoBowl.org all the time about how to expand outreach of the Tecmo Super Bowl universe or update Web site concepts. I'm an administrator over there. I got into re-coding ROMs in 2007, and was heavily immersed for three years. I don't have as much time these days to commit to game hacking, so I spend more of my time trying to find ways to expand the base of users. My favorite hobby now is to 'make things better.' This past weekend, I finally found some time to come over here and start a conversation about the work on the NHL series you do, which I have a lot of respect for. Our communities and mission seem very similar, so it only made sense for me to create a point of conversation and develop our efforts in symbiosis.

I come in peace. Thanks for doing what you do!

Edited by MaynardGKrebs