NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

welcome. have fun!

What's up guys? The name is Peter. I was recently invited to play an HNL 94 tourney at a friends house, so I busted out the old USB controllers, fired up the emulators, and began practicing. I can't think of a game I spent more time playing as a kid than NHL94. Anyways, I started to wonder if someone had possibly figured out a way to update the rosters to the current season, and BAM! I found this forum! What you guys have done is nothing short of amazing to me. Just wanted to put a big thanks out there to all you that have contributed and I look forward to playing some games with you!

Oh, I am from Boston MA if anyone cares. :)

What's up guys? The name is Peter. I was recently invited to play an HNL 94 tourney at a friends house, so I busted out the old USB controllers, fired up the emulators, and began practicing. I can't think of a game I spent more time playing as a kid than NHL94. Anyways, I started to wonder if someone had possibly figured out a way to update the rosters to the current season, and BAM! I found this forum! What you guys have done is nothing short of amazing to me. Just wanted to put a big thanks out there to all you that have contributed and I look forward to playing some games with you!

Oh, I am from Boston MA if anyone cares. :)

welcome to the site bud. lots of info in the forums about the game....and online leagues run year round.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm BobIsNot. I was introduced to NHL 94 while searching for some good sports video games. I looked on a top 10 list (Steve and Larson) on the best sports games, and NHL 94 was at number 1. I tried the game, and it was hard to catch on, cause I'm more of an NHL 95 guy :P. But I eventually got used to it, and I love it now! I love it how there's a fan site for this game, so I signed up. Looking forward to playing online!

....Oh, and, uh, go Blues.

Hello, I'm BobIsNot. I was introduced to NHL 94 while searching for some good sports video games. I looked on a top 10 list (Steve and Larson) on the best sports games, and NHL 94 was at number 1. I tried the game, and it was hard to catch on, cause I'm more of an NHL 95 guy :P. But I eventually got used to it, and I love it now! I love it how there's a fan site for this game, so I signed up. Looking forward to playing online!

....Oh, and, uh, go Blues.

welcome to the site bud!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of new... (ignore that I have been here, mostly lurking, for 4 years) but have decided to take the plunge in playing with others, something I've not done (with 94) since I was a kid... If I do play in any league, I just hope my record is better then Ottawa's debut season... lol

then I will be happy

Edited by Fore

I'm kind of new... (ignore that I have been here, mostly lurking, for 4 years) but have decided to take the plunge in playing with others, something I've not done (with 94) since I was a kid... If I do play in any league, I just hope my record is better then Ottawa's debut season... lol

then I will be happy

Welcome fellow Sens fan!

Do you live in Ottawa and have you ever seen a guy wearing an NHL 94 t-shirt? That is me.

Welcome fellow Sens fan!

Do you live in Ottawa and have you ever seen a guy wearing an NHL 94 t-shirt? That is me.

Go Sens Go B)

GENS A 2013 Champ - From Ottawa

SNES A 2012 Champ - From Ottawa

GENS B 2012 Champ - From Ottawa

GENS B 2011 Champ - From Ottawa

This means if Fore plays classic, he will win.

Welcome fellow Sens fan!

I lived there most of my life, and yeah I probably saw you and thought to myself, hey that's a great game... 95 sucked though... but I liked 96

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all --

Grew up playing NHL '94 and was excited to find out about the league. I'm a Blackhawks fan currently living in Florida. Hope to find some time (and some people) to play online soon!

Stan J.

Welcome, do you have an AIM screen name yet?

Hey guys....new player here!! I was in my teens when i first discovered NHLPA hockey.....was the first in my neighborhood to get a genesis and EA's great hockey game. I would always host NHL hockey video game tournaments at my place with my hockey friends and have a blast. I have been playing video game hockey since than. Over the last couple years my excitement for the NEW style hockey games has waned to the point i am bored with all the work and drama that goes into playing these games online....so after reading an article on the IGN website about this place (they were initally covering the NHL 2014 old school MODE...which looks to be worht a purchase on that alone) I headed on over and have since got the GENS, ROM, and my PS3 controller (better DS3)up and running on here...that is until my USB connector for my genesis controller gets here. I have yet to do anything else but play a few offline games but i am looking to add new friends to my AIM list to play.

Please add and message me on AIM at chefSTAR88

Besides being a HUGE hockey fan and it being one of my hobbies....i also enjoy video game in general, playing hockey(i am in 2 leagues and coach one of them), anything pinball, cooking (i think my screen name gives that away) and just enjoying my free time when I can!

Lets play old school hockey:)

chef

Hella of an intro. Throw an Ash pic on top of that, and you've earned yourself a nice "Welcome".

I found most guys who play exhibs to also be guys who were in the Classic B1 & B2 leagues, and you can click on a team & see that coach's profile name & AIM name.

http://www.nhl94online.com/?lg=14&sublg=GENS-B1

http://www.nhl94online.com/?lg=14&sublg=GENS-B2

Add them into your AIM contacts, give a shout out there, and you can get the list up to around 20-30 potential exhib guys.

Look for some other recent "I'm New threads", and you should have a decent amount of guys to go head to head with.

Eventually, a new league starts up to join or get onto a waiting list as a replacement coach.

Either way, I'm usually around in the later evening if any of you are night owls, past 11 pm central as a general rule.

Guest goursie19

hi, I'm mostly just gonna be hanging around the forum and not playing many games (mainly because I don't have an emulator and I don't have much time on my hands). i'm a proud devils fan and martin brodeur is my hero. my email is goursie1999@gmail.com but be honest, who wants to contact me.

why don't you have an emulator? SNES9x is technically accurate and ZSNES is a mess but is good for online gaming and has a cool ability to smooth out the graphics to hide pixels and seem current-gen.

Guest goursie19

why don't you have an emulator? SNES9x is technically accurate and ZSNES is a mess but is good for online gaming and has a cool ability to smooth out the graphics to hide pixels and seem current-gen.

I just haven't gotten around to it yet. that's something I'd do after summer vacation anyway

I just signed up today after learning about this site from the Puck Daddy Blog on Yahoo. I still have all my NHL Hockey video games for the Genesis (which still works). My 3 brothers and I played lots of NHL Hockey back in the day.

Ken

Welcome to the site bud. All things 94 are here. Online leagues, hacking roms, general 94 talk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I just found this site a little while ago, while googling NHL 94. 8 year old me spent countless hours on this amazing game, and I rediscovered it recently as I was emulating a few other Gens games. I am so pumped that there is a community that still loves and plays this game. I will be signing up for a league ASAP, but feel free to IM me for an exhib: meaneyac.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! My name's Scott and I recently became a big fan of this game. I know I'm a bit late on it, but I never really got into sports games as a kid aside from the classics like Blades of Steel and Tecmo Bowl on the NES. This game is now a party staple with friends, and I'd love to get in on an online league! Hopefully I'll see you guys on the ice!

Hi, I'm back at school in Ann Arbor. I went to a barbershop today with a signed Dave Roberts EHL jersey on the ceiling. There was a lot of memorabilia. I also liked a framed photo of Yzerman signed, "Great haircut! Steve Yzerman." Looking to get some exhibition games in before I go 0-20 in league play.

Edited by wap

Greetings.

I've been around for a little bit, but neglected to introduce myself here.

My name's Ken (not to be confused with the one a few posts up) and I found the site while looking for tools to make a mod for a sim hockey league I belong to on thebreakaway.net.

My avatar is the symbol for Betamax.

I used to own one.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's likely a generation gap. :D

My motto is "A Betamax Man in a Blu-Ray world."

Nice to meet you all.

The other Ken

Hey everyone, newbie here so it's introduction time :)

I've stumble here because I wanted to play NHL 94 online and that site was the first result on Google.

I've been playing a lot of NHL 94 with my friends and still do today, always having have a blast and crazy games compared to NHL 12 or 13....

As you can see I'm a huge habs fan :P But in 94 my favorite team is th Flyers and Lindros, that my friends are always trying to get injured :(

Hope to have fun in this league and to meet you all!

My AIM is the same as my forum username.

So excited to try a league. KingRaph was kind enough to help me play my first game online last weekend. Some of my fondest video games hail back to playing NHL on my Genesis. I recently fished out the old system from my parents' attic and have it hooked up to my TV (where it shall never become disconnected again). Currently teaching my kids the ins and outs of hockey on my Genny, but what they enjoy most is not scoring but hitting players after the whistle (which I find very entertaining as well). I mostly played NHL 95 as a teenager but bought a copy of 94 to prepare for the upcoming season.

Hey Everyone!

I'm Schmeev, and I love me some old sports games. I'm a Ducks player, but they're not exactly well represented in '94, I feel, so I'm lookin' at my hometeam to pick it up, since I don't know of a time the Pens were particularly bad. Feel free to hit me up on AIM at "the shron", I'm usually around on weekdays, and I'm pretty pumped to get dunked on by some people who know what they're doing.