NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

After about 2 months of membership I haven't visited this forum yet. Well story time!

I first played NHL 99 at my aunt's house on the N64 there. And at my grandparents I found a copy of NHLPA 93 for SNES. I put it in the console and "played (I was 5 so I didn't know how to take it out of demo mode. I figured that out and a week later I managed to pick St.Louis. Then I forgot how I did it because I was so excited. Then about a month or two later my aunt got me NHL94 to take to my grandparents. The first game I played was New Jersey vs Montreal. I immediately noticed the Ice logos. Then just last year I noticed all the buzz about the anniversary coming up. I immediately played it when I got to my grandparents. About in April I jailbroke my iPad and got a SNES and GENS emulator. Then I got a forum account when I got my laptop.

Hello, I'm new to these forums but a longtime NHL '94 player. Proudest accomplishment was beating Patrick Roy for 9 goals as Detroit back when in high school. I'm a HUGE college hockey fan, and all I really want is a great college hockey ROM on Genesis with changes that reflect this year's NCAA hockey realignment.

I can't do it myself since I don't know how to edit, but if there's somebody willing to teach me, or if somebody shares the same passion for college hockey I do, then I would love nothing more than to see that.

Im just getting back into playing NHL94 after about 13-14 years of not playing it for a long while. Seems like great fun to finally play someone other than the CPU.

Looking to possibly get into leagues to learn some things from the Vets to improve my game and hopefully be a good member of the NHL94 community

New members that want to play 94. Go on Ebay or Craigslist and get an original used Sega controller (3 button or 6 button). It must say Sega on it. The knockoffs break very very easily but used original controllers are pretty bulletproof. Then get a get a Sega USB Adapter from Ebay or Amazon. Unfortunately both sites are either sold out or have a couple left and are price gouging the s**t out of them, pricing them at over $100 when they are usually around $20.

Make sure you're physically connected by a cord to the internet. If you only pick up Wifi, you're games will be laggy and not fun.

Download AIM because that's how you'll mainly contact others for games.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Hey guys, I just started playing this game again about a month ago (been about 20 years), and after playing my first online game I have realized that IT IS NOTHING LIKE PLAYING AGAINST THE COMPUTER! Hahaha ah well, win or lose I love to play and I am looking forward to this year's 20 game league. I hope I don't get kicked out of the league for being so terrible!

Anyway, does anybody know of any tutorials that actually are current? I checked out one on this site but the link is down. I wouldn't mind doing some reading on the fundamentals.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kevin

AIM: lisowskikevin@hotmail.com

Screename: Crash

Edited by Crash

Read the designer tip cards from the NHL 94 cardset.

http://nhl94.com/html/multimedia/nhl94_cards.php?cat=TIPS&crd=088

Also, here is kingraph's YouTube scoring tutorial :

A lot of people tell me they've watched that slapshot tutorial! lol. I started that scoring tutorial one weekend, and never got back to it. I'm planning on setting up a comprehensive '94 tutorial/guide on the forums soon. It will be much more than just scoring...basically the ultimate strategy guide. Realistically though, I don't think I'll have it done before the new year, so "soon" may not be the right word.

Read the designer tip cards from the NHL 94 cardset.

http://nhl94.com/html/multimedia/nhl94_cards.php?cat=TIPS&crd=088

Also, here is kingraph's YouTube scoring tutorial :

A lot of people tell me they've watched that slapshot tutorial! lol. I started that scoring tutorial one weekend, and never got back to it. I'm planning on setting up a comprehensive '94 tutorial/guide on the forums soon. It will be much more than just scoring...basically the ultimate strategy guide. Realistically though, I don't think I'll have it done before the new year, so "soon" may not be the right word.

Thanks for the links and and Raph I'm looking forward to the tutorial when it is posted!

Kevin

man jackandjose that is actually a pretty instructional pass shot video. I'm sure those slow mo clips could really help some people who wanna learn how pass shots work. I remember when I didn't understand what a pass shot was lol, how it was done or even how any kind looks. Anyways great vid! A few straight on pass shots, a few diagonals, and even one voc-selanne specialty pass shot lol

man jackandjose that is actually a pretty instructional pass shot video. I'm sure those slow mo clips could really help some people who wanna learn how pass shots work. I remember when I didn't understand what a pass shot was lol, how it was done or even how any kind looks. Anyways great vid! A few straight on pass shots, a few diagonals, and even one voc-selanne specialty pass shot lol

Thanks tomkabs! I had planned on doing more instructional vids on different ways to score, but like kingraph, never got around to it. Maybe this will motivate me to do more. You should post your klima video here for all the new guys to see.

Hi guys. Im new. I want to join the SNES league for fall and Ive registered. Ive also played a test match with the1jasontaylor... what is my next move?

You're all set! Registration will end after this weekend and you'll be assigned a team based on your preferences shortly thereafter. It may take a week or so for the schedule and website to be set up, but hopefully this time next week you'll be playing classic regular season games! :)

beginner? bagina? welcome aboard!

hey all.. im new..registered for a 20 game league.. test game done.. just looking to re-rank my teams.. i saw new guys are allowed one change.

after signing up , i noticed there is some strategy to it.

so if someone could contact me or direct me on what to do to submit a new list. thanks

aim: mbobbyhall

hey all.. im new..registered for a 20 game league.. test game done.. just looking to re-rank my teams.. i saw new guys are allowed one change.

after signing up , i noticed there is some strategy to it.

so if someone could contact me or direct me on what to do to submit a new list. thanks

aim: mbobbyhall

PM me or chaos your changes

Here's yet another instructional video for the new coaches. This one is miss-direction shots on the forehand and backhand. I realized two things when doing this on the backhand. First, if you miss, it often leads to many rebound opportunities as the goalie falls flat on his face. Second, this shot works great against manual goaltenders who will slide over anticipating a slapshot while you float the backhand over his shoulder.

Edited by jackandjose

Here's yet another instructional video for the new coaches. This one is miss-direction shots on the forehand and backhand. I realized two things when doing this on the backhand. First, if you miss, it often leads to many rebound opportunities as the goalie falls flat on his face. Second, this shot works great against manual goaltenders who will slide over anticipating a slapshot while you float the backhand over his shoulder.

start a new thread for these bud....otherwise they will get lost when more people post in here introducing themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I joined up yesterday and im new here. I been a fan of hockey since i was little and been playing nhl games since nhl 2002 on the PlayStation 2. I don't know much about modding, but I got great idea and been looking to something with them.

Hello everyone! My name is Scott and I came across the NHL94 website a little while ago but missed the initial registration. I've been playing NHL94 since I was 11 years old and I am very excited to play online against others who also love the game. I am signed up and on the waiting list. Got my AIM account all set up. Now just waiting for the Sega UBS controller I bought to come in the mail. Can't wait to play!

Hello everyone! My name is Scott and I came across the NHL94 website a little while ago but missed the initial registration. I've been playing NHL94 since I was 11 years old and I am very excited to play online against others who also love the game. I am signed up and on the waiting list. Got my AIM account all set up. Now just waiting for the Sega UBS controller I bought to come in the mail. Can't wait to play!

Welcome. Good to have another Pittsburgher on the site. Pittsburgh is 94 capitol of the world.

Welcome. Good to have another Pittsburgher on the site. Pittsburgh is 94 capitol of the world.

Thank you! Go Pens! lol Can't wait to start playing. now one question, how do you know what team you can be? I think I read that you give a list of teams and its first come first serve basis?