NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Thank you! Go Pens! lol Can't wait to start playing. now one question, how do you know what team you can be? I think I read that you give a list of teams and its first come first serve basis?

Registration for the current classic season is closed, but you can still take over a team if a coach goes AWOL. Let us know your AIM handle and when you get your controller so we can set up some test games/exhibitions. I'm sure a spot will open up (it does every year) and we can get you in this season.

FYI, check out the "team selection process" on the registration thread to see how teams are normally chosen.

Awesome! I will thank you! Yea I know, the deadline totally slipped my mind. Next time I'll make sure to sign up on time. Yes I will def initely get a hold of you once my controller comes in. Should be this week, actually maybe today. Can't wait!

Registration for the current classic season is closed, but you can still take over a team if a coach goes AWOL. Let us know your AIM handle and when you get your controller so we can set up some test games/exhibitions. I'm sure a spot will open up (it does every year) and we can get you in this season.

FYI, check out the "team selection process" on the registration thread to see how teams are normally chosen.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Found this site yeterday and installed the game this morning. Used to play this a lot with friends with the Whalers team. Adam Burt is an all time favorite. I guess i need to go buy a controller because i'm pretty bad with keyboard. Could't find the spin move we used to do with the start button.

Anyway, i'd still enjoy trying an online game with a member to see if it's working. Got Hamachi and i'm looking for the aim programm at the moment.

Btw, sorry for my poor english, i'm from Quebec :)

Tito

....Could't find the spin move we used to do with the start button....

what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Was delighted to find this website a few years back, 94 was my favourite game as a kid. I played a couple of test matches then but struggled playing with a keyboard, especially after many years not playing. Finally got myself a controller and been practicing against the cpu, so ready to have another go and maybe play in one of the leagues eventually.

you can get me at kevshortall@gmail.com, same on AIM.

look forward to playing some of you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

New to the site. I play NHL '93 against the computer without the goalie and have found it never ceases to be competitive (as long as I remain disciplined in not breaking certain self-imposed rules of play - which I can detail if requested). I am currently working on a ROM using players from the 80's and have manually implemented edits to the game in HEX editor & NOSE etc. to institute the improved weight bug fix.

I am thankful to everyone on this site who has taken the time and effort to post their hacks and related knowledge to make this possible. I look forward to posting more about my ROM and how I plan to use it once it is completed.

Welcome.

Good to see some more 93ers.

I am also an advocate of self-imposed rules.

Watch for my '93 Hitz league.

Haha. Thank you, glad to be here.

Playing without the goalie, I basically allow myself to make the breakaway deke BUT only allow defencemen to make the top corner shot from the point. I also HAVE to make a pass before trying to score once my team gains possession of the puck. I'm also not allowed to force the CPU defencemen into putting the puck in his own net OR "pass" the puck through the goalies legs. ...Motivation of these rules is just to keep it competitive with the computer.

I played NHL'93 like this about 15 years ago like crazy. Set up seasons with randomly selected "mini-rosters" for each team (ie 6 Forwards / 3 D'Men - no line changes, lines for each game also randomly chosen from the mini-roster). Mini-rosters meant that bad teams could have a good season if all their top guys were on the mini-roster AND conversely good teams could have off-years if their lower rated players were on it. Lots of fun. Now I want to do the same thing using a ROM of 80's players. Just want to get the bodychecking formula right before building the roster in NOSE.

Edited by NYI80-83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello !

I am amazed to discover this glorious community.

I've been playing the game a lot in my youth. And I still play against my friends 20 years later. I just wished I could play more.

I play Boston on keyboard ^_^

I must have missed something : Do you also play one-to-one regular games ? I mean without special registrations or rebuilt teams ? Is there a special section for open games ?

Greetings from France.

Marceau

PS: feel free to add me on AIM for open games, the time I figure how the league works

Edited by Marceau

are you in France or Germany?

Hello !

I've been playing the game a lot in my youth. And I still play against my friends 20 years later. I just wished I could play more.

I must have missed something : Do you also play one-to-one regular games ? I mean without special registrations or rebuilt teams ? Is there a special section for open games ?

Greetings from France.

Marceau

PS: feel free to add me on AIM for open games, the time I figure how the league work

Welcome,

Nice to have another fellow keyboard player. Yeah, we also just play exhibition games using the regular ROM. Try me on AIM at JAGNHL94

Hello !

Greetings from France.

Marceau

PS: feel free to add me on AIM for open games, the time I figure how the league works

welcome to the site bud....add me on aim ---> nhl94halifax...

then ill add you to the SNES superbuds group.....filled with snes players every night wanting to play. especially kashim and brutus khan.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what's up all - found the NHL94 site and forum from a youtube video.. can't wait to start playing.. hit me up at The Viper on AIM

Awesome! Welcome to the community. I think I missed your AIM message earlier, sorry.

I'm usually good to play most nights after 9pm EST and can help do test games whenever. I look forward to playing.

Also, you can add these folks to your AIM list: http://nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=gens

While not comprehensive (it's a bit old), there's some good guys on there who can also help you out.

what's up all - found the NHL94 site and forum from a youtube video.. can't wait to start playing.. hit me up at The Viper on AIM

Welcome to the neighborhood Viper! Like KingRaph said there are alot of guys in here to help you get started and to help with any questions you may have. They have all and are still helping me with all the ins and outs of the online versions/leagues. I grew up playing on the Sega console and I've been around here since last Fall and love it! Great buds playing a great game!.....hit me up if you ever want to play, my AIM is LABS_66

• 1 month later...

This site/forum/league fires me up one time!

Seriously awesome stuff, everybody. Appreciate all the editing work that went into this, so thank you. Long time NHL 94 player. My genesis still works (yes both controller ports). NHL94 still boots with no cartridge blowing necessary. Playing is fun, but to be able to join an online p2p league would be incredible. I'm a Mac user, so I'll need to take some time to hash out the best way to join up and play online, but I look forward to becoming a member.

Little about me, NYC born and bred. Can't fathom the number of times Messier has scored double-digit goals to win the cup for me.

Again, thanks all. Look forward to getting to play against some of you soon enough.

Earl Squeezer