NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

So, I am new to the site, but not to nhl94 emulation (I've been playing the computer for a few months) and certainly not to emulation. I've posted around the site and now I thought I should formally introduce myself.

As for loyalties, let's just say I am an Oilers fan in Avalanche territory....not a happy circumstance.

welcome to the site bizznot...I think next season I may feel your pain. I just moved to Calgary and I'm a Vancouver fan...although as Jamonica points out...I'll have a chance to see them 4 times....atleast you're not a bertuzzi fan in avalanche country.

I think they are finishing out that three year schedule for the 07-08 season and then are gonna try and revert back to an older system where everyone plays everyone atleast once a year.

halifax said:
I just moved to Calgary and I'm a Vancouver fan...although as Jamonica points out...I'll have a chance to see them 4 times....atleast you're not a bertuzzi fan in avalanche country.

I think they are finishing out that three year schedule for the 07-08 season and then are gonna try and revert back to an older system where everyone plays everyone atleast once a year.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

I remember being the new guy and trying to figure out how to get everything to work, always looking for exhibitions. Lots of the veteran guys were really helpful. It's nice to assist the guys getting started, especially when they come looking for genuine help and don't spout off about how they are the NHL '94 king of the universe on their first forum post.

I second that. I don't play any online games except NHL94 so I had no idea how this worked when I first joined. But guys like Addison, Gr8199, VC, Jesus, HABS were all a great help and displayed more than their fair share of patience with me trying to figure out everything.

If you ever feel like playing an exhi or have any questions, let me know.

I just joined here this afternoon. I in fact just came across this site a couple days ago.

Here's a little about me... I'm a high school honors graduate, I love the old NHL games (well, that's probably obvious because I joined this site), I particularly love NHLPA Hockey 93, but that's because I grew up playing it. Other than that, I love music, art, video games, and theater. :)

Well, I hope to make some friends here, and stuff like that! :D

Well, you live long enough, I guess you're going to see everything. Congratulations on being the first girl to join this community and welcome. There's a lot of great people on here that will help you get started, as well as be eager to play anytime. Hit me up sometime if you want to get an exhi.

You do have to get a screen name before you can use AIM Express, once you do that just sign in with it and your password and youre set.

Only way you may have a problem with AIM Express if you have a pop-up blocker on, but give it a shot and see what happens.

Hi! I'm Nhl 94 fan from Finland.

I found this site yesterday and decided to register. I used to have nhl 94 on my sega megadrive when i was kid so I have played it very much. I have also played it a lot on GENS emulator which was kind of logical choice because i used to have megadrive :). Nhl 94 is by far the best sports game i have played but I also like Dos-based nhl93. It was the first NHL game I have played and it is still one of the best games I have.

I have also been a fan of Anaheim Mighty Ducks (well, only Ducks now) as long as i remember so I play always with anaheim in nhl 94 ;). Hopefully Anaheim wins the Stanley Cup Finals this year.

Hmm.. what else I can say about myself....

Well, I play drums and I have to buy new cd's/vinyls/cassettes once in a week (musicholic ;)). I also prefer old games like megadrive/snes/nes/DOS games. Modern games just isn't my thing. Old games have a great atmosphere, plots and it is fun to play them. New games are only about cool graphics and that stuff... games plot and all the things that used to be important, isn't so important anymore :(.

Well, I stop whining about modern games :D

I guess that was all about me..Feel free to challenge me or add me to AIM/MSN Messenger!

Welcome to the community. Gaming is different now, but there's always the classics to fall back on.

Goodluck to your Ducks, either team winning the cup this year will be good though I am pulling for Ottawa.

-Evan

Welcome to the community, though there are a couple other ladies here. My wife (egg), and Donny's lady have posted here, so you're not the only lady in the crowd!

-Evan

I just joined here this afternoon. I in fact just came across this site a couple days ago.

Here's a little about me... I'm a high school honors graduate, I love the old NHL games (well, that's probably obvious because I joined this site), I particularly love NHLPA Hockey 93, but that's because I grew up playing it. Other than that, I love music, art, video games, and theater. :)

Well, I hope to make some friends here, and stuff like that! :D

Awesome. I am also a High School Honors Graduate. We have SO much in common.

Yeah for sure....if i can make it to edmonton for some games I will. Last year I took a trip to go see some games in toronto, buffalo and boston...so it'll be good to catch some western conference games.

Hey everyone. I'm FlyersHockey1967, but you can refer to me as "FH" or "FH1967" for short. I'm obviously a die-hard Flyers fan, and I grew up in the Legion of Doom era. My favorite Flyer happens to be Ron Hextall (bought a Nike Authentic orange off eBay last month, my first hockey jersey I might add), as he represented everything a Flyer should be. He wasn't afraid to drop the gloves too. :lol:

So, my hockey gaming history starts with NHL 97 on the Genesis. I wasn't that big on video games, but I still got the N64 and bought Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98 and NHL Breakaway 98 (really great game by the way). Then, I sort of had this quiet period where I didn't get any new hockey games until the lockout. After the lockout ended, I was itching for some hockey action. That's when I got NHL 06 and NHL 2k6. After hearing so much about the games I had been missing, I finally decided to get the entire series of EA and 2k games, starting from the beginning. For EA, that meant 2002-07 (I don't have 2003, for some reason), and for 2k 2k3-2k7.

But even with all of this new stuff, I still have a longing for good ole NHL 97. I got my dad to fix up the Genesis wires and I was able to re-live all of those great childhood moments in the basement, rushing down there after school to pound away at guys as Eric Lindros and make big saves as Ron Hextall. I also remember having fights. But those fights were so rare that whever they would happen, I would literally scream and call my parents down to see it! I have had many a fun experience knocking out guys for the period. It was just pure fun.

But, my fellow hockey fans, I have a confession to make: I have never played NHL 94 on the Genesis. :angry:

Which is why I recently bought it off eBay and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival in the mail so I can really live my childhood! If only the Flyers had held onto Ron Hextall, he'd still be in the orange and black for the game...

P.S. How do you choose your team during playoff mode? :lol:

Hello and welcome to the site...excellent write up!...however you made one mistake...

I have a confession to make: I have never played NHL 94 on the Genesis. :angry:

I think you meant to say Super Nintendo and not Genesis...

Just kidding

...there's a ton of Gens guys around here for some online gaming....

welcome to your new home.

FH, it's tough knowing you have lived this much life just knowing the EA NHL series through the eyes of 97. But you've made the best first step you possibly can by joining this community and even more so, you're openness to living life the NHL94 way. Welcome and please feel free to hit me up for a game anytime. AIM info below.