NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

FH, it's tough knowing you have lived this much life just knowing the EA NHL series through the eyes of 97. But you've made the best first step you possibly can by joining this community and even more so, you're openness to living life the NHL94 way. Welcome and please feel free to hit me up for a game anytime. AIM info below.

Jeez, you make it sound like I'm an alcoholic trying to get sober. "The first step is..." :lol:

Thanks for the welcome. I've heard so much about NHL 94 and I've decided to finally figure out just what makes it so special.

And don't blame me for only having 97! My sister had the wallet and I could barely make complete sentences when 94 came out! :D

Once I've gotten a few games on the Genesis, I'll probably try online. Just don't be surprised when you blow me out. ;)

Yooo, FH1967, thought I recognised you from the sportsgamer.com boards. Nice to see someone who will get my lame ass Coatsey's Corner refrences.

Stick around aye?

Sports Gamer? I think you should keep up; most of the core DMHN members moved over here: thebreakaway.net

Coatsey's Corner references? Lay 'em on me. :lol:

I just joined here this afternoon. I in fact just came across this site a couple days ago.

Here's a little about me... I'm a high school honors graduate, I love the old NHL games (well, that's probably obvious because I joined this site), I particularly love NHLPA Hockey 93, but that's because I grew up playing it. Other than that, I love music, art, video games, and theater. :)

Well, I hope to make some friends here, and stuff like that! B)

I know I've been gone for a couple of weeks, but seriously? How come nobody emailed me about this? We finally attract a member who promises to bring a little culture and class to this place, and you all keep it a secret?

You are all fired.

I know I've been gone for a couple of weeks, but seriously? How come nobody emailed me about this? We finally attract a member who promises to bring a little culture and class to this place, and you all keep it a secret?

You are all fired.

We actually exchanged pics the other night... I wouldn't worry about about class and culture with this girl... she more resembles Bobby Orr on a bad hair day. OK, just messing around, obviously that didn't happen. Sorry Hgirl, just trying to burst Addison's bubble. lol

We actually exchanged pics the other night... I wouldn't worry about about class and culture with this girl... she more resembles Bobby Orr on a bad hair day. OK, just messing around, obviously that didn't happen. Sorry Hgirl, just trying to burst Addison's bubble. lol

lol No problem, I don't mind a little joke at my expense once in a while.

Anywho, welcome to the site everyone... Who joined after me... ^_^

Hey I'm new. NHL 94 forum....There is a god. Used to play it on SNES back in the day.

Hey kass,

welcome to the site! let me know if you're up for some online exhibition play.

I'm new... well sort of.

I've been playing the games since their inception back in the day. When I got a PC in late 98, I started modding the 3d based version of the game, and have been an active member of the modding community since 2001. I helped modders over at Thunderpuck (the Double Minor Donloads section) and then I helped form DMHN with some of the vet members after the site went down. Now I'm part of the crew that runs thebreakaway.net and NHL Depot.

I've been buddies with mack for a few years now, and seeing his stellar work has inspired me to get back to basics and do some old school modding. With wboy's 30 team hack, its given me optimism that it could be done for other titles and I'd love to get my hands dirty and update NHL96 with a season mode, etc.

For now, I'm going to attempt a couple of minor mods to show you what I'm capable of - looking forward to showing you all!

I'm new... well sort of.

I've been playing the games since their inception back in the day. When I got a PC in late 98, I started modding the 3d based version of the game, and have been an active member of the modding community since 2001. I helped modders over at Thunderpuck (the Double Minor Donloads section) and then I helped form DMHN with some of the vet members after the site went down. Now I'm part of the crew that runs thebreakaway.net and NHL Depot.

I've been buddies with mack for a few years now, and seeing his stellar work has inspired me to get back to basics and do some old school modding. With wboy's 30 team hack, its given me optimism that it could be done for other titles and I'd love to get my hands dirty and update NHL96 with a season mode, etc.

For now, I'm going to attempt a couple of minor mods to show you what I'm capable of - looking forward to showing you all!

A top notch guy right here. Has done so much to improve upon the last 6-7 tears of EA's offering as well as giving hockey gamer's somewhere to hang out.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do Drezz.

Drezz said:
I'm new... well sort of.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

Yeah Halifax sounds good. I used to be really good,but that was when I was in like 7th grade.

When/where,and how? Open challenge to anyone who wants to play. I am not a huge "computer" guy so you have to bare with my lack of comprehention. and spelling.

Yeah Halifax sounds good. I used to be really good,but that was when I was in like 7th grade.

When/where,and how? Open challenge to anyone who wants to play. I am not a huge "computer" guy so you have to bare with my lack of comprehention. and spelling.

Cool...I'm just waiting on receiving a new controller in the mail. when I get set up i'll give you a heads up and walk you through the process. you need three things to get you started which you can find here under downloads section.

http://www.nhl94online.com/index.php

the online play is a little different compared to the system...it'll only take a game or two to get your timing down though.

my name's cole, and i'm an admin over at thebreakaway.net... in fact, that's how i found out about this place a while back. mack hangs out over there, and over the years, i've gotten to know him. i was always in awe of his mastery of the hacking world.

he inspired me to download NOSE probably a year ago... and since then, i've made my own little uniform updates for all my favorite NHL hockey games... (for instance, why is new jersey wearing black, and boston wearing brown? and ... you know)

anyway... that's all pointless.

i'm just glad i finally got off my ass and registered. hopefully i can figure out all the hard parts of modding these roms, so i can get more complex than changing jon casey's name to andy moog, and giving team uniform updates (that also ruin the ice logos)

First off, I tried registering as Vyacheslav, but it wouldn't let me post and I tried the Resend validation link and it never sent it to my email...I tried PM'ing a mod but it wouldn't let me. Anyways I registered using my other email address and validated it fine.

I've played NHLPA93 and NHL94 all my life, I recently obtained NHL95 for the PC. I've shutout the Blackhawks on the SNES with Anaheim, Tampa Bay and Ottawa. I once scored 35 goals in a game as my highest personal record, (not that great). I love sliding across the crease to score and that's how I get a hat trick with any player I want, (except goalies).

Also, I'd love a Rangers away (NHL94), animated avatar.

hey welcome aboard! I never played the hawks with aweak team..i usually picked the all stars and played florida to see how much we could run up the score

Welcome to the nut house Rangers68! In all seriousness, there are some guys who take the game too personally and get all swole and unhinged from time to time, but I've found those types few and far between. Don't let them keep you from enjoying this great site or playing online.

And you can find a NYR away sprite here: http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2409 along with others.

Welcome aboard! Nice to have another Rangers fan here. Hope you enjoy your stay! :(

Hey Rangers68,

Welcome to the community. Sorry that the validation process can be buggy at times, but glad you found your way here. Yes there will always be all sorts of players online, but hopefully you can enjoy some good NHL94 here.

-Evan

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. This is random, but when I was much younger, I'd get dreams of NHLPA93 and NHL94... last night I had a dream about NHL94 for the first time in a decade. Does anyone else dream of NHL9x?

Not that uncommn I guess, never had any out of body experiences where I've actually seen myself playing on the ice, and then we come to naked nhl '94 experiences and it's time for invervention.

clockwise said:
Not that uncommn I guess, never had any out of body experiences where I've actually seen myself playing on the ice, and then we come to naked nhl '94 experiences and it's time for invervention.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Forum,

My name is Chester and I've been a Genesis owner since 1992. Surprisingly, with all of the next-gen systems taking over, my housemates and I still break out the Sega Genesis every now and then and break out some classics like NHL 94. I'm very pleased to learn that there's a web portal like this one out there for emulation, editing, and online play. I'd love to get involved in playing some online matches, so feel free to PM me on the boards if you're ever interested. Looking forward to being around!

-Chester