NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

first time caller... long time listener....    lol

Thank you guys for forming this awesome site... all the work that goes in.... i have played ALL the nhl games since they first came out on console...  im a lifelong hockey fan and hockey player...  after years of tecmobowl online... i finally figured out the nhl 94world...

i can host i play both snes and gens....  discord is bombjack   aka mighty bombjack fromthe tecmobowl halftime show...

always looking for  game on any system any rom....

• Like 1

Hey all,

UK hockey fan since my Dad surprised me with NHLPA 93 on Mega Drive when I was a kid. Not sure what came first - that game or seeing the sport at the Winter Olympics. Either way I've been a hockey fan ever since.

I first found this place when I played the 2018 mod. Then after hacking my Mega Drive Mini last year I came back to get the latest mod and became overwhelmed by just how many you guys have actually done. I've got a massive folder now filled with almost every season and league. I seriously need to seek out all the individual creators and give thanks, cos the the work that's gone into them all is amazing.

I've put it off for ages but figured it was finally time to join the community ^_^

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, WashCaps33 said:

New as of today.  Have been poking around on here for a few months though.  Loving the edited ROMS.  Now I am attempting to edit my own, but am pretty dumb when doing it.  Hoping some of you all can assist from time to time.

Welcome to the Forum!  It's great to hear that your trying your hand at editing a rom.  It's a little confusing, at first, until you begin to have those "ah-ha" moments.  They will come with practice.  Post questions to the forum, when you have them.  Just make sure to give as much detail, as possible, to what you are trying to do.  That way, folks have a better understanding of your situation and why you may be asking a question. 

Editing roms is a lot of fun.  I'm sure you get addicted once you get the hang of it.  Make sure to download NOSE, EARE and Tile Molestor.  They will serve you well!

On 2/24/2021 at 7:29 PM, Canucksforthecup said:

Hey yall good to be here!

Welcome! What brings you here? playing new roms? online league interest? or something else?

17 hours ago, Canucksforthecup said:

looking for a nhl 94-98 update on chrome

If you install an emulator (such as RetroArch) on your chromebook, then any of the ROMs on here will work on that.

Here are the ROMs: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/forum/121-roms/

I don't think it's straight-forward to install an emulator on a Chromebook, though? It's not a general-purpose computer, it's kind of a glorified web browser device. Google for something like "install retroarch on chromebook"

• 8 months later...

Hey all,

New to online but have played the game since 97. Played mostly vs computer and a couple friends.

Played in the Toronto 2019 King of 94 Tourny and had lots of fun.

Looking forward to online leagues and tournaments.

I'm the Wiz and Nooobody beats me!  (you will most likely beat me)wiz.jfif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TheWiz84 said:

Hey all,

New to online but have played the game since 97. Played mostly vs computer and a couple friends.

Welcome to the Forum!

17 hours ago, TheWiz84 said:

Hey all,

welcome aboard! if you're looking for a league to play in i'm running a salary cap league where you put together your own team based on a price sheet and play other guys who put their team together as well. if you're interested check out the forum post here:

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm from Europe, from a country where hockey is not very popular, I became interested in hockey during the lockdown, I'm an avid retro gamer so both things combined made me to end up here. I'm enjoying your roms a lot, I want to thank everybody who put this great amount of effort editing them.

Cheers!

PS: (Sorry for my bad English)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, long time lurker, but wanted to join up and say hello!  Grew up in Philly and as kids we played just about everything.  My brothers and I got a SNES one year for XMas and we immediately went out and NHL 94 as the first purchase.  My brothers (and now my kiddos) haven't stopped playing since the game came out. 

I pretty much always travel with a laptop loaded with RetroArch and a couple USB SNES controllers.  It sure beats travelling with the actual SNES console which I've done as well.

I love that you guys have created and maintained a community around the THE BEST 16 Bit game ever made.  Thanks for doing what you do!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Balzovai said:

Hey all, long time lurker, but wanted to join up and say hello!  Grew up in Philly and as kids we played just about everything.  My brothers and I got a SNES one year for XMas and we immediately went out and NHL 94 as the first purchase.  My brothers (and now my kiddos) haven't stopped playing since the game came out. 

I pretty much always travel with a laptop loaded with RetroArch and a couple USB SNES controllers.  It sure beats travelling with the actual SNES console which I've done as well.

I love that you guys have created and maintained a community around the THE BEST 16 Bit game ever made.  Thanks for doing what you do!

Welcome to the Forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, New to playing 94. Been playing a lot of 94 at work with coworkers the last month and I'm hooked. live around the Chicago land area, and love anything gaming. Haven't gotten this much enjoyment from playing a game in a long time though, and I hope to meet some great people in this community I can play this great game with. I might suck at the game compared to some of you seasoned vets but win or lose don't matter to me, as long as I'm able to play lol.

Thanks for creating such a cool community guys. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm very new to NHL 94/95. I never owned nor played any of the retro NHL games (in fact, my first NHL game was 19) so I wanted to play them on an emulator (Retroarch). TBH, I'm not very competitve so I've been playing by myself against the AI. Nonetheless, the game is fun and I'm looking forward to learning more about the game from you guys .

Edited by QuackAttack
minor change
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:04 AM, QuackAttack said:

Hey guys, I'm very new to NHL 94/95. I never owned nor played any of the retro NHL games (in fact, my first NHL game was 19) so I wanted to play them on an emulator (Retroarch). TBH, I'm not very competitve so I've been playing by myself against the AI. Nonetheless, the game is fun and I'm looking forward to learning more about the game from you guys .

welcome to the forums! (and i saw you joined the discord also). 

On 4/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, Fordwind said:

Hey all, New to playing 94. Been playing a lot of 94 at work with coworkers the last month and I'm hooked. live around the Chicago land area, and love anything gaming. Haven't gotten this much enjoyment from playing a game in a long time though, and I hope to meet some great people in this community I can play this great game with. I might suck at the game compared to some of you seasoned vets but win or lose don't matter to me, as long as I'm able to play lol.

Thanks for creating such a cool community guys. 

enjoy your time around here! if you want to play online...follow the steps in this link. https://nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.php

and I recommend you join the discord as well. great place to ask for help if needed (the discord link is inside the one i posted)

On 3/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, Balzovai said:

awesome to here...maybe you'll join us online. where do you reside?

On 1/29/2022 at 4:35 AM, Deckard said:

Hi!

I'm from Europe, from a country where hockey is not very popular, I became interested in hockey during the lockdown, I'm an avid retro gamer so both things combined made me to end up here. I'm enjoying your roms a lot, I want to thank everybody who put this great amount of effort editing them.

Cheers!

PS: (Sorry for my bad English)

thanks for joining. what country do you live in?

5 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

@QuackAttackIs there any version of NHL series that you have preferred? Since, there is leagues for both 94 and 95 (only one at the moment).

In terms of retro games, I know 94 is the cult classic but I prefer 95 because of the actual regular season mode.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Isles Guru said:

I have an Arcade Ultimate Legends machine but it only plays roms with a UCE extension.   Does anyone know how to covert bin to uce.   (I have no idea what I'm talking about!!!)

Did you try searching on Youtube or Google?

I would assume you can follow this along: