NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Been through quite a lot in the past year...my life has drastically changed for the better. I have completely different priorities right now and the internet plays MUCH less of a role in my "new" life.

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the advances that have been made in editing the game. I understand that someone is working on an editor...damn I remember long sleepless nights fiddling with every little aspect of the hex codes trying to figure out which is now the most basic stuff such as changing the player ratings...the idea of this being done easily through an editor just blows my mind and it makes me wonder if this would even be possible without all those countless hours put in by myself, Ben, Evan and Mack and others. It truly is amazing how far everyone's efforts have gone. Geez, I remember this whole thing started with me, Donny and Ben in a chat room knowing very little about what the hell a hex editor was as we were discussing the possibility of editing the players names having no idea at the time how far this thing could have actually gone. I remember for the longest time how we couldn't even figure out how to change the ice color.

I plan on thoroughly browsing this site and try to learn as much as I can about any new advances that have been made in editing the game because this is one hell of a hobby.

By the way, has anyone figured out how to hack the SNES version of NHL 95? In my opinion, that was the poorest game of the series and I would look forward to editing that game because trying to make that game good would be a great challenge that I would enjoy taking on.

...the idea of this being done easily through an editor just blows my mind and it makes me wonder if this would even be possible without all those countless hours put in by myself, Ben, Evan and Mack and others.

Technically, yes, it still would have been possible, but I can assure all the information obtained prior to my entry into the scene has greatly shortend my learning curve and allowed me to continue on with new findings from existing knowledge. It also brought to my attention that there was still an active community of old skool ea hockey enthusiests who would benefit from not losing have their life in a hex editor in the attempt to keep the scene alive with updated rosters etc.

Without those two insentives, I probably never would of started programming an editor as I would of assessed the time commitment for the return/outcome would of just not been worth it.

That, together to with the fact I wanted to give back to the emulation scene as a whole for the joy it brought to me reliving old games, finalised my decision. We can't forget those who dumped roms and those who wrote emulators, as without there efforts, none of this would be happening!

So the results of all those efforts will one day soon be that fact that even the most hex editor fearing gamer can customise their own NHL rom without the headaches....

... and everyone lived happily ever after... The End. :)

• 6 months later...

JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS NHL 94. I RECENTLY STUBBLED ACROSS THIS WEBSITE AND SEE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY ONLINE WITH A GAME EMULATOR. NHL 94 WAS PLAYED BY ME AND MY FRIENDS YEARS AGO AND NOTHING HAS CAPTURED THE EXCITMENT LIKE THAT SINCE. I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO JOINING THE LEAGUE AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK! MY EMAIL IS JRILEY@NYC.RRC.OM

JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS NHL 94. I RECENTLY STUBBLED ACROSS THIS WEBSITE AND SEE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY ONLINE WITH A GAME EMULATOR. NHL 94 WAS PLAYED BY ME AND MY FRIENDS YEARS AGO AND NOTHING HAS CAPTURED THE EXCITMENT LIKE THAT SINCE. I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO JOINING THE LEAGUE AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK! MY EMAIL IS JRILEY@NYC.RRC.OM

:rolleyes: hey joeeeeeeeeeeeeee, yehhhhhhhhhh, what do we need to do to get started !!!

:rolleyes: hey joeeeeeeeeeeeeee, yehhhhhhhhhh, what do we need to do to get started !!!

I'M NOT SURE HOW THESE EMUILATORS WORK SO IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE US A STEP BY STEP THAT WOULD BE GREAT. WE DOWNLOADED THE FILES NEED BUT WERE DO WE SAVE THEM TO (SO ON AND SO FORTH) THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION

I'M NOT SURE HOW THESE EMUILATORS WORK SO IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE US A STEP BY STEP THAT WOULD BE GREAT. WE DOWNLOADED THE FILES NEED BUT WERE DO WE SAVE THEM TO (SO ON AND SO FORTH) THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION

Hello Joe...hit that Caps lock just once please <_<

• 2 months later...

hey, my name's jim. i just found this site. my friends and i still play 94 all the time. like tonight after watching the wild vs. flames game, the usual line "hey, wanna get your ass kicked at nhl?" i was excited to see there is an online league, it would be awesome to play against people i haven't played with for 12 years. i use a mac, so as soon as possible, i'll have the emulator on my roommate's computer. if there are any open teams, i'd like to join in. thanks.

Jim, Its Matt. I'm the newest member and your good friend and wanting to test out the forum. Have you been prompted by this message? or do you need to log in to read this?

Anyways, I hope we can both get in a leuage. I tested out the emulator today, now i just need a controler and possibly a better emulator and i'm ready to roll.

Matt B):)

Hey, I'm Hossmann, and I'm a noob to NHL 94.

I've owned every version of the NHL series from '93 to 2004 except for two: '94 and '98. I have rented '94 in the past, but I didn't get into it all that much (I was 6 or 7 when the game came out).

Ten years later, I hear that this game is really good. So I gave it a shot... and I like this game. The controls are suprisingly fluid for an older version of the NHL series without all of the meaningless bells and whistles which plague the game today (which is why I stopped buying the game in the first place). After some random googling on Wikipedia, I find out that this game has a website dedicated to it. I found it in December, but I didn't join up until I really got into this game.

Hopefully, I will be accepted into this site as a regular or something like that. Now, I go and do something unimportant.

And one more thing, my AIM sn is in my signature. If anyone wants to beat up on a noob (which I probably am), then here's your shot. If i'm on, then that means I'm usually ready for an online game.

And one more thing, my AIM sn is in my signature. If anyone wants to beat up on a noob (which I probably am), then here's your shot. If i'm on, then that means I'm usually ready for an online game.

your initiation is to eat an entire 94 game cartridge without chewing!

Sorry for my late introduction here.

My name is Jeroen and I am from Holland (or Netherlands as they call it in English speaking countries)

I am a huge gamefreak but I am not spending money on games anymore.

I used to own every console out there and I even had some Arcade cabinets.

Because I got fed up with all those consoles, cables, controllers, cartridges etc..I've been selling stuff lately.

I just want one PC full of NES, SNES, AMIGA, Commodore 64, Mastersystem, GBA or Genesis games.

I grew up with the Commodore 64 and was hooked on games like Barbarian, Bubble Bobble, Last Ninja and many more.

Later I got my Sega 16 bit and rented the game NHL 94 in some videostore. I rented it so many times that I think I could have bought it for at least 5 times....untill I seen it laying in some shop in Amsterdam(n).

Because many friends loved this game so much I bought a 4-way-play adaptor and 2 extra joypads.

We had many EPIC battles in the past and now...looking back on my gaming history...it is save to say that NHL 94 is my most played game EVER!!!!

My other fav. games are the Metal gear solid series, Road Rash, Zelda on SNES and Ocarina of time.

I was very surprised to see a site that honoured this great NHL version.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the website soon I'll put some SNES NHL94 goals on this site.

I live in B.C. Canada.

I have some sick '94 plays.

I was just surfing the net and was shocked to find a site about a single game in the nhl series that happened to be my all time favorite. I just found this site yesterday and decided i had to register. I am from Taylor, Michigan near Detroit and I am naturally a rabid Red Wings fan. I am also hoping to join the online league later on.

Now, let's get even more people here.. With the amout of people increasing by the minute. Maybe there should be leagues with divisions. So better players meets better player and... You know. :P

^ I like that idea... Kinda like the English Premiership and its other leagues. Some teams go up, some go down. By the way, I'm new, and I hope to have a ton of fun with you guys. Go Avs!

I chose the Nordiques to be my favorite team... How? Ron Hextall's goalie mask on NHL '94 was the coolest! And so I played with Quebec with Sakic and Sundin and Kamensky and all these guys. Look forward to being a part of this league, whatever team I'm assigned or drafted.

How ya doin'?

Wow, what a website. What took so long for someone to make one?

Last I checked online was the 10 year anniversary of 94, which was September 4 2003 (Super NES naturally).

Since then I'd pretty much given up looking for codes and stuff, then suddenly BAM!!! This shows up. Amazing.

I'm the Case that Jeff has been talking about by the way. We've got lots of beautiful goals we're about to post.

Hopefully it is everyone else' sambition here to score nice goals here as well. I'm not boasting or anything, its just that

this game has such amazing control I'm suprised that more peope don't go on about that. Otherwise you may as well be

playing nhl95...

As you'll soon be able to see, We're all about the passing and amazing plays.

Looking forward to posting those goals, and playing some online 2 on 2 games the way they were meant to be played.

Yeah.

I just did a google search looking for my fav game of all time and I found an actual website and forum for it?? thats craziness

Welcome to the forum! I was just as excited when I found this site recently.