NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Well I'm ScreamingPixel, I've been surfing these forums for a while and I've finally decided to join. I enjoy any old school hockey game and most hockey games in general, anyways glad to be here :D

Hey everyone just joined the site after coming across it... Played 94 for 13 years, and I am really excited to start playing people online and in leagues... Aim is cavaliers2341 so if any members have info on leagues or information on anything, hit me up. Thanks guys, looking forward to this great site...

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I came across this place through watching YouTube videos. Came because somebody linked to an '08 hack of this game, which is awesome. Then I found out some of you guys like to play each other online. I've never played anyone online at anything and this seems like the best place to start. I've had the Genesis version of Nhl '94 since the very beginning and the SNES version for several years now (a friend of mine still has his SNES; I've never had one). I like to think I'm pretty good but I've been reading through some of these topics and seeing people know so much about the subs on each team, and I'm just not that hardcore. Anyway I'd look forward to taking some of you on. :).

And my AIM is theowner610. Yeah, I'm finally ready to give this a shot.

I too am a new guy looking for players to play against, my aim address is fullbugged69, also looking to get into a league, if anyone could help me out that would be great, I can also be reached at fullbugged@yahoo.com.....

Edited by Fullbug

hey guys, im new to this league and having a hard time starting, i played a couple games in the server sonic cage dome (gens) but when i check theres rarley anybody in there playing 94, is that the only server you guys play in or is there others?

hey guys, im new to this league and having a hard time starting, i played a couple games in the server sonic cage dome (gens) but when i check theres rarley anybody in there playing 94, is that the only server you guys play in or is there others?

hey bro welcome to the community. Yes SCD is the main server we play on, but people don;t hang out there waiting for games. We use aol AIM to set up games etc. POst your AIM here.

hey bro welcome to the community. Yes SCD is the main server we play on, but people don;t hang out there waiting for games. We use aol AIM to set up games etc. POst your AIM here.

oh ok, i dont usually use AIM so i made a screenname is blackandgold94 IM me for games. thanks.

oh ok, i dont usually use AIM so i made a screenname is blackandgold94 IM me for games. thanks.

I tried sending you a message on AIM this morning, and it says your sceen name does not exist....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks new guy here.

Unfortunately never had a Genesis or SNES as a kid so didnt play this game in its hey day...

BUT... I had heard that this was the greatest NHL game ever made and I somehow accidentally discovered this community last week (I have no idea how). I got the ROM and the 09 update and right now I'm trying to figure out how not to get owned by the computer. I think I'm gonna need to get a gamepad.

errr anyways good to be here yadda yadda

hope to be able to play people online at some point.

see yall around.

Awight?

'Names Rob, i'm a British student living in Scotland, and I suppose I stumbled across this site by mistake...

Started playing NHL 94 a few days back with a couple of mates. It was kind of a lads night in 'pick me up' after a rather nasty split with my now ex-girlfriend. So it was a case of pizza, emulators, 4 controls we picked up for a fiver, and lots and lots of booze.

I downloaded 94 that night, mainly because I remember one of my mates from back home sending me that clip from the film "Swingers" - I'm a Kings fan y'see, have been since I picked up NHL Faceoff 97 for the old PSX, and I get quite a bit of stick for it.

So we booted up the SNES and NHL 94 and even after everyone had passed out I was holding the Kings in a 5-5 tie in game 3 against Montreal...the things addictive as hell!

So yeah, I scrabbled around for more info on the net...and kinda ended up here

Hey!

• 2 weeks later...

TubaHero here, first got hooked on the game when my cousin borrowed a genesis from one of his friends, ended up hooked. after a brief stint playing the nhl 06 ps2 version of the game, which failed to kindle the same passion (i mean, john liu playing first line left wing for quebec? seriously...), i stumbled over here, picked up the emulator and rom, and stayed up till 2.

aim is MeatSkid1, msn is mf_67@live.ca, and chances are if im online, im looking for a game

Edited by TubaHero

hi guys!

The name's Alex, a laidback nuclear power plant technician from the south-west coast of Sweden.

Started playing this game at the age of 6 when my dad bought me a Sega Mega Drive + Elitserien 95 (which is the Swedish league version of NHL 95). Found out about this site when a friend of mine called me and said it would be awesome to join a league, and I couldn't agree more with him. I hope that the different timezone won't be any trouble when playing vs the transatlantians.

My favourite team in NHL would probably be Detroit, but Malmö will always be my overall favourite.

Would really like to play some exhibition games to get to know some of you lads. My AIM screen name is fitzo87.

See ya around

Edited by Fitzovich

Hey everyone,

Found this site 3 years ago, and i've been visiting and playing NHL 94 ever since. You could call me a "rookie veteran" of the site. I'm an average 94 player, and i'd like to play a few games online.

My AIM is IQ25Boogiers.

Hope to play some of you guys in the future