NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Hello everyone. My name is Todd Jones, but all my friends call me Steak. Played this game religiously, along with PGA Tour Golf III, when it came out for the Genesis. Have not played it in years, but my friend John Pruett found the nhl94.com site yesterday, and here I am. You will most likely be hearing from him shortly. I have a lot of catching up to do before a new season starts, but I look forward to playing many of you along the way as I get my feet wet again. I am toddjonesnhl94 on AIM, although I am not sure how much I will be online right away, as I need to practice up to even justify being on the ice with any of you. Looking forward to it!

Todd "Steak" Jones

welcome to the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to say hello and its good to be here. I've been playing NHL incarnations on the SNES and Genesis for a long ass time. I was a huge fan of the Genesis 93 and 94 versions, but my buddies (I played with in high school) swore by the SNES version, so it was the only way i could do battle. We still phone and text each other insults/threats about how we are going to hurt/score on teams and when we get the fortune of getting together and have a tournament/booze it's pandemonium.

So add my AIM -> VcrRepair@gmail.com

BLOOD ON THE ICE! (well we can imagine it's there)

hey i'm "new" and i found this site first in high school like 4 years ago and just re-found it. i dont know how tho to play the 2010 rosters on Snes emulator. could someone help a noobie out?

Forgot to say hello and its good to be here. I've been playing NHL incarnations on the SNES and Genesis for a long ass time. I was a huge fan of the Genesis 93 and 94 versions, but my buddies (I played with in high school) swore by the SNES version, so it was the only way i could do battle. We still phone and text each other insults/threats about how we are going to hurt/score on teams and when we get the fortune of getting together and have a tournament/booze it's pandemonium.

So add my AIM -> VcrRepair@gmail.com

BLOOD ON THE ICE! (well we can imagine it's there)

Welcome to the site bud. Haha...Yeah I had several friends that played Genesis version in high school, but I got them hooked on SNES as well.

hey i'm "new" and i found this site first in high school like 4 years ago and just re-found it. i dont know how tho to play the 2010 rosters on Snes emulator. could someone help a noobie out?

Absolutely. Follow the directions Carefully.

1. Take Ring road around the city and exit at your closest Macd's...

2. Order a happy meal but refuse the toy.

3. Drive home wihtout eating.

4. Download the rom and put it in a folder on your desktop with the same name.

5. Load the emulator.

6. Open the rom through the emulator by finding the file in the directory.

7. Select the rom, load it and play!

Welcome to the site bud.

Hi everyone, I'm Ness. I only started playing NHL 94 after a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG hiatus again recently (on ZSNES of course, my SNES doesn't work anymore D:) and stuffs.

BTW, I live in Central Time, winnipeg to be exact!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I've stumbled upon this great website while looking for NHL 94 videos on YouTube and even though I haven't played NHL in ages I'm planning to get back into it asap!

Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys online as well, despite the distance that separates us (I suppose that most of the people on this site are from the US while I'm located in Italy, actually born and raised here)! By the way, thanks a lot to mcarthurbsu33 who took the time to play a "test match" with me earlier this evening (I got my ass kicked but it was lots of fun nonetheless!).

See ya'll later!

Edited by Retrieving

Hello everybody, I've stumbled upon this great website while looking for NHL 94 videos on YouTube and even though I haven't played NHL in ages I'm planning to get back into it asap!

Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys online as well, despite the distance that separates us (I suppose that most of the people on this site are from the US while I'm located in Italy, actually born and raised here)! By the way, thanks a lot to mcarthurbsu33 who took the time to play a "test match" with me earlier this evening (I got my ass kicked but it was lots of fun nonetheless!).

See ya'll later!

Hopefully you stick around, to my knowledge you're the only player from Italy currently.. You should put a pin on the NHL94 members map.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys i'm Blackhawk1991 and i live in Kansas. I love the Blackhawks and I just started playing NHL when i worked on a hack with a friend for another site.

long overdue but...welcome to the site bud!

Hey, I just signed up and followed getting started instructions, what's next? test run vs admin?

-Casey

AIM: casey.ais@gmail.com

welcome!

you only need a test game if you want to play in the classic league..which probably wont start for another month or so.

I'm guessing you are referring to playing ninety-flow onlag with other members and, thus, I am of no assistance in your quest to have your question addressed, but I am currently wishing you all of the best. enjoy our silly site. we have fun.

For you new guys who are looking to get into a league checkout the NCAA 2011 League , Beavers is running it off an NHL 94 hacked version of the rom with this years upcoming NCAA DI college hockey rosters, won't be a ton of games and there are some spots still open for some new guys to get in and get some experience.

• 3 weeks later...

hey all,

i would absolutely love to play nhl 94 against humans instead of the computer! ive only been on this site long enough to download the stuff, register for these message boards, and am now trying to figure out how to get going and start playing against real people!? I THINK how it's done here is via AIM messaging?? I also would very much like to get in on some leagues or something very soon, but i know nothing about them. First things first though:

Who wants to play?! How do I go about playing people? My aim is stevemartinez09 , i don't ever go on it, but something tells me as i start playing nhl 94 against you all, I'll be on it all the time looking to play :)

im really excited to play someone, if anybody has any tips/recommendations for a new guy on how to get started on the playing/finding opponents, and on what the deal is with leagues and such, much appreciated! and if anybody wants to play a game let me know i can't wait to try it!

Let's play some hockey!

-c

hey all,

i would absolutely love to play nhl 94 against humans instead of the computer! ive only been on this site long enough to download the stuff, register for these message boards, and am now trying to figure out how to get going and start playing against real people!? I THINK how it's done here is via AIM messaging?? I also would very much like to get in on some leagues or something very soon, but i know nothing about them. First things first though:

Who wants to play?! How do I go about playing people? My aim is stevemartinez09 , i don't ever go on it, but something tells me as i start playing nhl 94 against you all, I'll be on it all the time looking to play :)

im really excited to play someone, if anybody has any tips/recommendations for a new guy on how to get started on the playing/finding opponents, and on what the deal is with leagues and such, much appreciated! and if anybody wants to play a game let me know i can't wait to try it!

Let's play some hockey!

-c

welcome to the site bud.

you can register for the classic league here -> http://www.nhl94online.com/html/registration.php?lg=7

I sent you a pm with a list of names you can contact for games.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I discovered this site the other day, and came pretty close to pissing my pants when I saw you the leagues. I didn't really play '94, I was more an NHLPA '93 guy myself, as I lived in Minnesota and didn't want to acknowledge a franchise in Dallas. I've played a few games just on the ROM itself, but will be looking for a few test games online before trying to get into a league. Email me at blbaker3@gmail.com if you're up to it.

Hi everyone

I discovered this site the other day, and came pretty close to pissing my pants when I saw you the leagues. I didn't really play '94, I was more an NHLPA '93 guy myself, as I lived in Minnesota and didn't want to acknowledge a franchise in Dallas. I've played a few games just on the ROM itself, but will be looking for a few test games online before trying to get into a league. Email me at blbaker3@gmail.com if you're up to it.

welcome to the site bud.....we use AIM to contact people for games.

add these guys to your friends list and ask them for a game.

http://nhl94online.com/html/teamlist.php?lg=7&sublg=GENS

Hey All,

I played this game a lot in the dorms in 94-95. Actually I think I must have been playing the original back in the summer of 92 when we were playing it at our shore house. I remember the 93 or 94 version finally let you pull the goalie to stop the pull back goal.

I found a website dedicated to NHL94 back around 05 or 06, downloaded the ISO images with the updated players and teams....and bought a Sega on Ebay and me and my roomate started playing it again for a while.

Anyway, I went looking for another Sega so I could get back into NHL94 and found this site. I can't figure out what it is about this game that makes it have a cult like following but I'm real interested in playing other players online.

I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet though. I downloaded the ROM for Genesis and I figured it up the other day. I then ordered a Sega controller on Ebay that had a USB connection. I assume that gives me everything I need to get rolling. Hopefully I can figure out how to catch someone online.

I'm from philadelphia by the way.

Jim Roletter

Hihi, I just logged onto this site today at work completely randomly--I forget how/why. Anyway, it's crazy there's a league for this game I grew up playing religiously in elementary school! I haven't played in a while (8 years) but would be down for a test game if anyone wants to. AIM= joinmyarmynow

I had an account on my GEN cartridge that was like 500+ wins and 8 losses, only because I felt bad for the computer during one epic Stanley cup run. Then I left my dorm room in college while someone set up an account and erased it!!##!@

I'm from outside Philly and have been gaming First Person Shooters since I gave up on consoles after N64. BTW-I love the wav's in the corner...would it be possible to add the ORGAN music?? That would be amazing.

Alright, see you on the rink y'all

Well, hope both of you manage to enjoy your stay. Please join up the Blitz Farm league if you guys want to get started somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am Bagel. I like the Portland Winterhawks, Minnesota Wild, and the New Jersey Devils (even though the Devils suck this year).

I would play online, but with a mac I'm pretty sure it is impossible because I tried with Tecmo Super Bowl and it failed.

Edited by Bagel