NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm new here and am definitely a big fan of what this community has been doing these past few years. I only became aware of this website and community in the past few months and was stunned to discover NHL 94 is alive and well on the internet! This really is the craziest thing I have ever seen in regards to the lengths people are willing to go to play perhaps the best sports game from our childhood (we are generally in our 30's/40's here or am I dating myself???).

I would love to get involved in the upcoming fall league and want to get my coaching status confirmed.

My email is ichiprut@hotmail.com

my aim = Hazmat13

I am incredibly new to all of this type of emulator networking stuff, so I going to have to ask for you guys to be a little patient with explaining stuff, but I love what you all have set up here and really want to be a part of it!

Hey guys I'm new here and am definitely a big fan of what this community has been doing these past few years. I only became aware of this website and community in the past few months and was stunned to discover NHL 94 is alive and well on the internet! This really is the craziest thing I have ever seen in regards to the lengths people are willing to go to play perhaps the best sports game from our childhood (we are generally in our 30's/40's here or am I dating myself???).

I would love to get involved in the upcoming fall league and want to get my coaching status confirmed.

my aim = Hazmat13

I am incredibly new to all of this type of emulator networking stuff, so I going to have to ask for you guys to be a little patient with explaining stuff, but I love what you all have set up here and really want to be a part of it!

Welcome to the site bud. I see you registered for Genesis, however your preference is SNES....which one do you prefer?

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a while. I've really enjoyed the hacked roms that have been posted here, especially the newer ones. I've been playing NHL on Gens pretty much since I've been in the womb haha, usually give my dad a good beating at '94 when we're together over the holidays and summer. Can't beat the classics! Got the email about the leagues starting up,and I'm really looking forward to joining the B league and competing this season. Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I'm darko,newcomer in place and very happy to be here with fans of this great game!

I spend so many nights with a friend from evening to early morning playing games and games again.

I try to refind my former level (not easy!!!) but it's a real pleasure to live these moments again.

So thank you! Thank you for this site and the great job (AMAZING JOB) you made with this game!

Hope to see you for few games and have fun!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm darko,newcomer in place and very happy to be here with fans of this great game!

I spend so many nights with a friend from evening to early morning playing games and games again.

I try to refind my former level (not easy!!!) but it's a real pleasure to live these moments again.

So thank you! Thank you for this site and the great job (AMAZING JOB) you made with this game!

Hope to see you for few games and have fun!!!

Good to see new blood on the scene.

Being lurking here for a few years. Finally set myself up to play online. Looking for games. Feel free to add me to your AIM travtera@gmail.com

my aim = Hazmat13

Are these guys SNES or Gens?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this site exists!!!! OMG!!!!! I'm giddy :)

Welcome! I see you also signed up for Classic, which is awesome. Hope you can get set up and play a test game.

I have added you to the Gens Buds AIM Group Chat, where you should be able to find someone to take you through a test game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Josh,you can call me Dom or Josh,doesn't matter to me. My aim is Josh VG and I'm new to everything. Genesis controls,NHL 94,and this community. I hope I can fit in! :D

Welcome to the community! Here is a list of aim handles that you should add:

http://nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=gens

There are quite a few people that are active who aren't on that list, so it's kind of hard to find them all at once. If you want the ones that I know then message me on aim and I'd be glad to help. I haven't been active for a while so I don't know many new players, but I can give you a start.

Just ask anyone you see online for a game, most people would be glad to play

P.S. Your sig is cool B)

Edited by TomKabs93

Hey everyone, just another new guy here. Came here because I heard about the 2014-2015 roster update for the game and I had to join up. Not just to download it, but I don't get to talk much hockey in my day-to-day life and kicking the hell out of the Whalers (long story on why) using the Devils is getting old.

I actually didn't have either NHL 94 or a Genesis growing up; I had NHLPA 93 and NHL 96 for SNES, but thanks to the era of emulators, I found that I prefer the Genesis version of 94. This is quite possibly the only game where the GEN version is the better one. I've played hockey in real life since about '91 or so, mostly a goalie in my childhood/teens and switching to D in my twenties.

I noticed a lot of people posting about AIM. If that means AOL Instant Messenger, I literally haven't used that in about a decade. Do I need to make another one to play?

Hey everyone, just another new guy here. Came here because I heard about the 2014-2015 roster update for the game and I had to join up. Not just to download it, but I don't get to talk much hockey in my day-to-day life and kicking the hell out of the Whalers (long story on why) using the Devils is getting old.

I actually didn't have either NHL 94 or a Genesis growing up; I had NHLPA 93 and NHL 96 for SNES, but thanks to the era of emulators, I found that I prefer the Genesis version of 94. This is quite possibly the only game where the GEN version is the better one. I've played hockey in real life since about '91 or so, mostly a goalie in my childhood/teens and switching to D in my twenties.

I noticed a lot of people posting about AIM. If that means AOL Instant Messenger, I literally haven't used that in about a decade. Do I need to make another one to play?

Hi hi hi. This game is so great, you made a fantastic choice coming here (and also for choosing gens shhhhhh). You are correct, AIM is what everyone uses here so make a new one. It's honestly still a solid messenger, people give it flak cuz it's old but it's ok lol.

Check out my post three posts above with the link to the gens player list and add them all to your aim buddies list. Ask whoever to play nobody bites

Also, if you have any questions ask me a million on aim I like to talk about 94 as much as anybody. (my aim handle is the same as my forum name here)

Have fun dude :)

• 3 months later...

How do you do, ladies and gentlepeople?

I hope that you are having a good day or night, whatever point of time it happens to be in your area.

For those that do not know who I am, I am Roya Rockwood.

I am the creator of Royameadow and Co.: A group made back in I999 (but not launched until 2003) that is based solely on the desire of delivering Variety based entertainment towards its audience.

I come to the NHL '94 Forum primarily as a researcher and Novice to Intermediate level ROM hacker of sorts.

NHL '94 has been a title that I have been studying since 2000, as it was my first Sports game alongside RBI Baseball III to '94, as well as Lakers versus Celtics and the NBA Playoffs; I have also been learning how to develop ROM hacks of NHL '94 since at least 20I2, primarily due to the fact that I had wanted to remake the game with an All Female roster since 2006, something that is not usually thought of or even implemented in the NHL '94 hacking scene, from what I have viewed of it, and I had felt that this would be an ample lovely addition to the scene in the long run.

Currently, my main project in modifying NHL '94 is a hack that I currently refer to as MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5, of which is a modification of the Genesis version of the game that primarily includes (almost) every player in the 20I4~20I5 MIAA Women's Hockey roster.

I will talk more about this one in another thread, when the time is proper; this project is in a very early state, but guaranteed, when I am ready to talk more about it, I shall in the respective section(s).

Anywho, if you have any questions for me or just want to talk about something, then I am more than glad to discuss anything that you have to bring to the table.

At the time of this post, I will mostly be looking around to get myself used to the forum, but hey, if I have any major questions that come to mind, then expect a post from me every now and then.

Hoping that I enjoy it here.

Based on my first impression of this forum, I already enjoy what I am viewing. (:

....I am the creator of Royameadow and Co.: A group made back in I999 (but not launched until 2003) that is based solely on the desire of delivering Variety based entertainment towards its audience....

what?

welcome. is your '1' button broken?

Glad you asked about that.

I don't know; early last year, I just grew tired of the way that "1" looks in this font, so I tend to use the Capital I in place of it (unless if I am working on code, of course).

I'll go back to using the "1" button though, if it is considered a bit confusing to some.

Truthfully, I am rarely ever asked about this, much to my shock and surprise, so I am glad that you had pointed it out. (:

so... you only do it on sites using this font?! I suspect that you might be weird.

Edited by tru

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking to play a test game to get verified for the upcoming fall 2015 classic league for SNES. My Aim is XCing1030, let me know when anyone is available to play. Played this game every year by myself and with friends and excited to see you can actually play online.

Thanks

welcome. have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

New user here, haven't played '94 in a long long time. I found a website that runs an emulator and I've been playing there trying to rebuild my skills. I'd love to play some online matches, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I've never even used AIM, so I'm the newbiest of newbies. I'll poke around and see what I can figure out. Thanks for doing this, I'm super excited! I used to rule the couch in college. None could withstand my brutal assault, unless I was too drunk, then maybe. I'm having knee surgery next month so I should have tons of time to play then. Silver linings! See you on the ice!

Edited by christco