Chris

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Hey all. Recently found out that competitive NHL 94 is a thing, so I went out and bought a Genesis and the game. I might look into playing online, and trying out updated rooms and stuff, but I’m mostly interested in playing locally with friends, and maybe organizing a tournament sometime. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the online NHL 94 world.  I saw the Vancouver BC world championship on Twitch and thought I should give this a try.  I used to play NHL 94 religiously decades ago, so I'm curious to see if I can get up to speed with the rest of you.  I'm looking forward to playing in the league if I can get in.

• Like 5

Hello,

I've been a member for a while on this site, but just registered for this season's fall league. Looking forward to it. My name on Discord is GoCanes21, so can my username be changed to that on here? Also, I'll check discord later this week to see about playing a Retroarch game to get confirmed for the league. Thanks for the great work!

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 5:35 PM, Acadicus said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the online NHL 94 world.  I saw the Vancouver BC world championship on Twitch and thought I should give this a try.  I used to play NHL 94 religiously decades ago, so I'm curious to see if I can get up to speed with the rest of you.  I'm looking forward to playing in the league if I can get in.

Hey man I'm from Vancouver too and played at the tournament! It was so much fun and I'm trying to help build a stronger scene in our area. You should add me on Facebook (facebook.com/ryanventura604) and join the Vancouver Competitive Retro Gaming Club I started. We're gonna be doing meetups soon to just play casually to start. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334723767301923/

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 5:35 PM, Acadicus said:

sick man.. welcome.. i was there too and it stoked my fire for 94 again. Gonna play in the league this year after a long absence..

• Like 2

Hey there, i just recoverd my old SNES from the attic, and couldn't stop playing NHL94.

... but i got reaaaally bad...

So anybody from europe around , for some online training matches ? 

(Europe juste because of the timezones)

Greets Bene

• Like 1

Hi, everyone. New SNES player here and new to the scene. I played in the King of 94 tournament in Richmond and got destroyed. Just registered for the fall league, hoping to improve my game. Looking forward to seeing you on the virtual ice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2018 at 5:20 AM, KaBa78 said:

Hey there, i just recoverd my old SNES from the attic, and couldn't stop playing NHL94.

... but i got reaaaally bad...

So anybody from europe around , for some online training matches ? 

(Europe juste because of the timezones)

Greets Bene

There was recently a Europe League.  Check out channel  #euro94 on the Discord thingy...

A handful of European dudes are there, mostly from Finland, but I *think* I remember a dude from Germany.  Welcome!

On 11/13/2018 at 1:57 AM, aqualizard said:

There was recently a Europe League.  Check out channel  #euro94 on the Discord thingy...

A handful of European dudes are there, mostly from Finland, but I *think* I remember a dude from Germany.  Welcome!

As beeing in Helsinki once or twice per year i guess that is all right with me ;-)

10 hours ago, Triple A said:

i am new. can you guys set up a test game for me. thanks

Hi and welcome! :)

Here is help getting online: Test Games and Getting Connected!

And here is a Guide for New Members I wrote that covers a ton of stuff.

Hi there, beginner modder from Switzerland reporting in.

Confession: I never had a SNES or GENESIS as a child but I really love to emulate those systems on my computer nowadays. And as a fan of ice hockey it's a logical thing to play the old NHL games.
Then i found out about modding those games and this community and even felt deeper in love with the games.
I'm currently working on a Swiss Edition of NHL98 because I like the season game play but I will also create a '94 version of it soon.