NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Welcome to the community!

Yes all spots are filled, and I put you on the waiting list. When the next season registration begins, please sign up again and you'll have a spot. I'll make it known throughout the websites (nhl94.com, nhl94online.com) when this happens.

-Evan

Hey guys, just dropped by here today via Wikipedia while in a period of procrastination time at work ;) I had no idea there was such a following for most definitely the greatest hockey, if not the greatest sports game ever, and I'm delighted to see the effort that's gone into this site and some of the resources it offers - in particular the editing! Yes, this game is so good that I nominated it on Retro Gamer's 100 great games from the forum (http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670, around page 19).

Alas, I'm not able to register for the league due to being an Englishman living in France, but I'll keep checking back in case there's any international interest - and of course to mingle with fellow NHL 94ers :lol:

Anyway, for now I'll leave you with my old sig from RFGeneration - Me vs Gretzky.

gretsml.jpg

Hey,

Welcome to the site. 1994 was a great year for hockey, especially if you're a Ranger fan hehe.

-Evan

Very excited to stumble upon this site while looking for a new ring tone.

I think i can honestly say i've logged about 16,000 games of NHL 94 but not nearly ennough in the last couple years.

16,000 games sounds like you belong here, NHL94 addict central.

Welcome to the community!

Very excited to stumble upon this site while looking for a new ring tone.

I think i can honestly say i've logged about 16,000 games of NHL 94 but not nearly ennough in the last couple years.

I just listened to your interview after Bjorn set me the link, very good site. I mayslef have probably logged 10,000 games, we have at least an anuual tournament once or twice a year in New Brunswick with people from Toroto and British COlumbia playing too when old friends are in town.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this place is amazing!!!!! I cant believe there are people out there who loved 94 as much as I do.....My love for the game is huge but I've had limited success in finding playing parnters except for one good buddy, who I've played steadily with for a good 6 years... over that time we started having best of 199 game series' and are now winding down our 5th season of the best of 199 game format.

We keep records, ie, most player goals, assists, points, penalty minutes, shots, team goals, shots, save percentage, shutout streaks and much more.

also we do a hockey pool with 94 players and of course Mario is always the first pick.

I've probly got 2000 games in so far and want to keep on going.

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey Jeff...also from B.C. (Victoria)

also think I might be the best nhl94 player in the world....would love to see some of those moves...

• 1 month later...

Hi Mario94

So you play SNES NHL94 and like to play as the Canucks?

If so great, maybe we can meet up someday with Case and make some great plays.

Or we can play online one day.

If you don't play as the Canucks or just want to play 1 on 1.

I would love to meet up with you and kick your ass 10 min. periods offsides on.

You put up $10 I'll put up $40.

Still playing, still going strong, 94 is alive and well in Michigan. Found this site while ebaying for a Sega NOMAD, in order to run NHL 94 on at work and in the car. I don't care for any other hockey games, except for an occasional 8-bit NES ice-hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff...that 4:1 your laying me I'll take in a second!

but what would the teams look like? Im fine with 10 minute periods. If your ever in victoria its game time (250) 385-9976, ask for mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I've been playing this game religiously for so long. All of my friends have migrated to the next-gen hocey titles, but the gameplay in this game will never be topped. Not only is this the best hockey game ever, it's also my favorite sports game.

It's really awesome to see a dedicated community up and running for this game. Hope to be around for a while!

Juiced

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play Counterstrike, and my screenname was NHL94Master. I currently play Halo 2 online and my account name is NHL94Master. I didn't think anyone played NHL94 anymore, I always dominate anyone who claims to be good at it. However, I have never played online, and from the looks of this group I could learn a few things.

I'm going after the records. Hopefully I'll have some screenshots posted here soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys (and girls) I am new to the forum and hope to be a part of the league in the spring.

I have a couple of questions:

First, I see there are no line changes, but can you edit your lines?

Second, how would I go about playing a game against someone to see if I'm even good enough for this to be worth my time?

Later