NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Hello everyone; I'm pilvlp. When will the leagues be open for registration?

Welcome! Halifax suggests that Classic registration will be soon, perhaps as early as this weekend. Keep an eye out on the forums and/or at the Classic page: http://nhl94online.com/

You will need a test game to fully register, so get an AIM screename (http://www.aim.com) and let us know what it is. It's the primary way to communicate/set up games.

Feel free to IM me if you see me online: kingraph

Good luck!

Wow, Had no idea this existed..

I would certainly expect zelda, mario and megaman to have fansites... but NHL '94?! This game was a fixture of my youth and its just wild to see a website dedicated to it. I remember HOURS of trying to beat chicago with vancouver (my team)... BURE TO RONNING! GOAL!!!!... or my rivalry with st.louis... Good stuff, good memories. Anyway, "HI" to all!

Wow, Had no idea this existed..

I would certainly expect zelda, mario and megaman to have fansites... but NHL '94?! This game was a fixture of my youth and its just wild to see a website dedicated to it. I remember HOURS of trying to beat chicago with vancouver (my team)... BURE TO RONNING! GOAL!!!!... or my rivalry with st.louis... Good stuff, good memories. Anyway, "HI" to all!

Welcome to the site bud! Sign up for this season's classic league!

http://nhl94online.com/html/registration.php?lg=11

I im new around.. been playing NHL94 for a while, i would be interested to play in a league. I have registered but i am waiting for a controller for PC i ordered on ebay... as soon as i receive it i will be able to play a test game. Please wait for me.

Edit: One question, do we play the league with 94 rosters or 2012 rosters?

Edited by OmegaRed

I im new around.. been playing NHL94 for a while, i would be interested to play in a league. I have registered but i am waiting for a controller for PC i ordered on ebay... as soon as i receive it i will be able to play a test game. Please wait for me.

Welcome to the site bud! The classic league uses the rom for the original nhl94 game, unedited. Registration deadline is march 12. We will hand out teams after that. If you haven't played a test game by then, don't worry about it because throughout the season people get replaced for becoming inactive, so you'll get in at some point.

Do you have AIM? If so, please post your AIM name

Do you have AIM? If so, please post your AIM name

My AIM name is Omega Red.

I could play a test game now but ill have to do it with a crappy controler...

Edit: also, what are the rules? is it 5min, penalty, no offside? That's usualy how we play..

Edited by OmegaRed

My AIM name is Omega Red.

I could play a test game now but ill have to do it with a crappy controler...

Edit: also, what are the rules? is it 5min, penalty, no offside? That's usualy how we play..

5min, penalties-no offside, line changes off

Is the line changes off mandatory to every game?

yes....having said that, if you find someone else who wants to use line changes as well then that's fine.

yes....having said that, if you find someone else who wants to use line changes as well then that's fine.

Ok that's what i was thinking about when i asked. If i can be a little bit more annoying, why the line change off? i feel having line changes brings a new dimension to the game... is it to balance the teams more?

I have tested my emulator, all ok. I have tested Hamachi, lots of problems there but its all good now, so i just have to wait for my SNES to PC adapter and ill be ready to roll. How can i book a test game???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Don't know if you guys accept european players to your league, but I'ld be interested in joining.

I have some experience in playing NHL94 online, that hamachi app is new to me but it doesn't look that hard to use.

Edited by Kurki1234

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I've been a huge fan of NHL 94 (Genesis) ever since it came out. It's one of my all-time favorite games and I'm going to join a league as soon as I can.

One question though: what's the difference between the leagues (GEN-A vs. GEN-B vs. GEN-C)? Is it skill level?

Hey all, I've been a huge fan of NHL 94 (Genesis) ever since it came out. It's one of my all-time favorite games and I'm going to join a league as soon as I can.

One question though: what's the difference between the leagues (GEN-A vs. GEN-B vs. GEN-C)? Is it skill level?

Welcome! Yes, the leagues "A", "B", & "C" represent different skill levels. A - Advanced, B - Intermediate, C - Novice/Beginner.

I suggest signing up for AIM and letting us know your AIM screen name. Leagues are great, but in the meantime, you can play some exhibition games to get yourself set up and started!

Good luck, hope to see you around.

Welcome! Yes, the leagues "A", "B", & "C" represent different skill levels. A - Advanced, B - Intermediate, C - Novice/Beginner.

I suggest signing up for AIM and letting us know your AIM screen name. Leagues are great, but in the meantime, you can play some exhibition games to get yourself set up and started!

Good luck, hope to see you around.

You bet. My AIM handle is:

mdjnhl94

I have yet to set up Hamachi, but I just received my Genesis controller USB adapter from RetroZone I'm so pretty much ready to go!

I have yet to set up Hamachi, but I just received my Genesis controller USB adapter from RetroZone I'm so pretty much ready to go!

Kingraph and I played both server and Hamachi test games last night, so I'm officially good to go. If you see me on AIM, just holler...if I sign on, I'm ready to play.

Hello all, I am set up and ready to play a test game. I would also like to join GEN-A or GEN-B season. Please let me know what I need to go next. Hamachi is set. AIM is bonose7en.

All new guys are put in the C league to start. If you do well in C, you may be considered for a B replacement, however, B league is just about done with their season.

Great to have you onboard...I'm usually on late nights like 10-1 EST.

All new guys are put in the C league to start. If you do well in C, you may be considered for a B replacement, however, B league is just about done with their season.

Great to have you onboard...I'm usually on late nights like 10-1 EST.

Okay great, I'll shoot you a message after the Flyers/Devils game tonight.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new around here so I thought I should make a first post. I've been hanging around the forums for a few months now without adding anything myself, so I thought it's about time to make an account. I play gens and have learned a lot so far and I'm looking forward to learning more playing you guys. I've played quite a few exhi's over the last week with different guys so a few of you already know a bit about me. For those who don't, my aim is also TomKabs93. Hit me up for an exhi anytime. Can't wait to join leagues in the fall, this is still surreal!

Hey guys, I'm kinda new around here so I thought I should make a first post. I've been hanging around the forums for a few months now without adding anything myself, so I thought it's about time to make an account. I play gens and have learned a lot so far and I'm looking forward to learning more playing you guys. I've played quite a few exhi's over the last week with different guys so a few of you already know a bit about me. For those who don't, my aim is also TomKabs93. Hit me up for an exhi anytime. Can't wait to join leagues in the fall, this is still surreal!

You finally decided to join!

A lot of us have already played with kabs. You'd never know by playing him that he just joined the forums; he's a solid 1v1 and 2v2 player.

You finally decided to join!

A lot of us have already played with kabs. You'd never know by playing him that he just joined the forums; he's a solid 1v1 and 2v2 player.

Thanks for the confirmation Witt. Yeah it was about time I joined lol I need to establish myself.