NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Yes, you can edit your lines before any game.

Your second question would most easily be answered by giving out your AIM.

Mine is:

thegr8199kings

I will be around for most of the morning and afternoon today, if you have time.

There's some contact info for GENS and SNES players here:

http://nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=gens

http://nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=snes

You should think about adding your name to the list(s), and contacting others if you're interested in getting some test games going.

I'm addisonbr on AIM and will probably be playing thegr8199 while I wait for some business calls, now that I see he's available this afternoon... :P

Hey doodiemachetto,

Welcome to the community! I have added you to the Gens online players list as addisonbr has linked above. Your AIM name is included in there.

Feel free to contact guys for a game using AIM, email, or this forum. There's always a small chance you'll be able to replace a coach for this season.

-Evan

Hello everyone!

I am a 12 year veteran of NHL 94 on sega/genesis. I'll download the game to my computer , so I can play against you guys and try if practice did me any good. Probably not..

Hey guys. I', also a 12 year veteran of nhl 94. I am from helsinki, finland. I have lot of experience about hardest best of seven there has been in this game.. hopefully.. :blink: Anyway. It is the best sports game ever, and i am broud to be a member of this "community". Have a nice time on the rink everybody!

Hello all. I just got into NHL 94 after screwing around with NHL 95 and 96 with both consoles. As you can tell, my favorite player of all time is Scott Stevens, and I love the New Jersey Devils.

If I ever play online, go easy on me, since I struggle to score/hit/pass. Basically, I'm the Sixty Whiners of NHL '94 (Mutant League Football reference)

I never thought I'd find a site like this. I've been into 94 and 96 since I was a kid(technically, I still am) because my uncle has a Genesis with 94 and 96.

I was wondering if I could try for the five minute period goals record by taking Philadelphia and putting their third string goalie in - Steph Bauregard is the worst goalie in the game, I checked the stats in NOSE - and then just putting in any players I wanted for Philly, before pitting them against the East All-Star Team. If wanted I'll even put a video up and showcase my preferred scoring method that I derived from playing NHL 2002 on my GBA. I found that in 02 there's a strange glitch where when you are going "down" toward the net, you can go almost level with the posts, shoot the puck, and nine times out of ten you will score. I then started going parallel to the goal line, but a bit further away so the goalie wouldn't poke check me. It works fine in 96 but amazing in 94 even with a big slow defender against a goalie hacked to have max everything.

So yeah. Hey all. I dunno if I'd be any good as I only play for fun and against myself, but if anyone wants a game, I'll do it.

Welcome to the community Setar. I've added you to the list of nhl94 online players.

Enjoy the website.

-Evan

Welcome to the community Setar. I've added you to the list of nhl94 online players.

Enjoy the website.

-Evan

I don't think I ever saw a public list of all the NHL 94 Online players. Is there a list somewhere that I can see that?

I wanna see if there's anyone as pitiful or even worse at online play than I am! :(

Sorry about that Scott Stevens = God.

Addisonbr, thanks for helping the gentlemen find his way. :)

-Evan

i love this site. ive been visiting for a while. finally took the time to create account. favorite game of all time. genesis, of course. figured i'd say hello. by the way, how do you attach a pic to you name?

i love this site. ive been visiting for a while. finally took the time to create account. favorite game of all time. genesis, of course. figured i'd say hello. by the way, how do you attach a pic to you name?

Welcome. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen you should see an option for My Controls. Click through and on the left under personal provile you'll see an option for Edit Avatar Settings.

Welcome. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen you should see an option for My Controls. Click through and on the left under personal provile you'll see an option for Edit Avatar Settings.
many thanks bud.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody.... just stumbled across this amazing site a week ago and wanted to say how great it is to find others who enjoy this classic game. I am looking forward to playing many epic games in the next league (Spring?) and can't wait till it gets started. I have been playing this game for over 10 years and it's awesome to find others that still love this game. Anyone who wants to play some GEN exhibition games, AIM me... My AIM is KingsCupRun93

Great to be here!

-Dane

Hey, welcome to the community. Glad you found your way here. I also got your email, just takes me some time to go through emails from everyone.

Enjoy the site and feel free to IM me for a game (though I'm a pretty busy person).

AIM - goldparalax

-Evan

Thank you for making this website to one of the greatest hockey games ever depeloped....NHL 94. I am looking forward to emailing and chatting with all my fellow members who love this game. Feel free to write me anytime, I love to discuss stratagies, players, experiences, ETC. I have over 10,000 under my belt. I'm looking forward to sharing and listening to all games, tournaments, ETC.

-Anthony A.K.A. (The Gran Poobah).

First off... I just want to say Thank You for making this awesome site to keep alive the classic games I used to play all the time. I was just browsing around looking for the NHL '94 ROM and happened to stumble across this site. It's exciting to see what people have been able to do to update, improve, and help re-live the great moments of the old school NHL games.

Even with the newer generation of PC and Console systems, I still feel that games such as NHLPA '93, and NHL '94 are sometimes more entertaining even though they may not have all of the bells and whistles of newer graphics, stat tracking, etc.

I am looking forward to competing in the next season of the online Genesis league... and chatting with and playing against everyone on the forums...

So... again Thank You to everyone for making this site what it is... GAME ON!!!

First of all Id like to Introduce myself. My name is Brad I'm 21 yrs old and I just dug out My Super NES to bring to college with me here in Providence RI. I was digging through my old games and came across.....yeah thats right....NHL94. Me and my best friend here have been playing it all semester. We are Pure Addicts and Decided to look up some tips online and came across this site. We were shocked to see people just as obsessed as us over this game. Can not wait to download the rom and actually play you guys over the internet. We almost pissed ourselves when we found this out. Great site and I'm glad I found it. Can wait to play you guys!

First of all Id like to Introduce myself. My name is Brad I'm 21 yrs old and I just dug out My Super NES to bring to college with me here in Providence RI. I was digging through my old games and came across.....yeah thats right....NHL94. Me and my best friend here have been playing it all semester. We are Pure Addicts and Decided to look up some tips online and came across this site. We were shocked to see people just as obsessed as us over this game. Can not wait to download the rom and actually play you guys over the internet. We almost pissed ourselves when we found this out. Great site and I'm glad I found it. Can wait to play you guys!

Excellent. The usual method of hitting people up for games is via AIM so either post your username here or ask Evan to add it to the Contact List. The SNES guys will keep you pretty busy...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I would just like to say I am so pumped for this. I am a 25-year old teacher who has been obsessed with this game forever. My buddy and I always have tournaments when we can. I'm Paul by the way. I am looking forward to meeting people and playing the best game ever made.