NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

Hi All,

Wow, I'mso excited to play with other people who are obsessed with this game too. My buddy from college (and neighbor in brooklyn) and I play this on his shitty old genesis constantly (3 game series for every visit, sometime more).

My AIM is bcappnyc - hit me up if you're looking for a game.

I'm a Philly fan in real life, but I always play with Boston. Oates to Neely - he scores!

Thanks,

Brian

Hey man, welcome to the community! I'de be happy to oblige your request for a game, I am usually looking for exhibitions myself. My AIM is hockeyman1983cgy...get ready for a healthy dose of the Calgary Flames!

Again, welcome! :(

Hey man, welcome to the community! I'de be happy to oblige your request for a game, I am usually looking for exhibitions myself. My AIM is hockeyman1983cgy...get ready for a healthy dose of the Calgary Flames!

Again, welcome! :)

i'm looking to play some more myself..

my aim is tfizzle277

cheers.

hey all, looked this up on wikipedia and they gave a link here so i figured id try it out. im jay, a big red wing fan and ive been playing 94 on the SNES for 10 years now. i tried downloading the zbattle program but their site seems to be down right now. my aim is jz646 so please hit me up if anyone wants to play sometime. nice site btw, great ideas

B) This site is awesome!!! DL'd the Sega emulator, Nhl 94, Ahl 03, All Stars and Nhl 07 and I can't stop playing, reliving my youth, the whole reason I ever bought a video game entertainment system as a kid was to play EA's NHL line. I have owned them all a one point or another.

I want you all to know the Sabres are going to win the cup this year!!!

post-940-1173756535_thumb.jpg

hey guys

another new guy added to the list

I'm from northwest Ohio and looking to share my love of NHL 94' with you all

I think I'll be joining a league to see how much I suck lol

used to play SNES when it came out..found this site and now I play Genesis

AIM: Spikedfrog97

let me know when you guys want to play

Hey,

Welcome to the community! We have lots of helpful guys here who can assist with any questions you may have.

Enjoy!

-Evan

Edited: SNES version & Now GENS :)

AIM: TDYINKBGR

Thanks to the help of thegr8199kings, I'm up and running on both versions. I'm still more of an SNES guy based on my background with this game, but I just can't deny the draw of the updated rosters for the GENS version.

IM anytime for a game.

Thanks,

Alex

from one new guy to another...

glad to have you join

enjoy everything

AIM: Spikedfrog97

I play Genesis

but I'm thinking of downloading the SNES version (what I used to play all the time)

good luck man!

I've got you added to my list, looking forward to a game.

Alex

hey all, looked this up on wikipedia and they gave a link here so i figured id try it out. im jay, a big red wing fan and ive been playing 94 on the SNES for 10 years now. i tried downloading the zbattle program but their site seems to be down right now. my aim is jz646 so please hit me up if anyone wants to play sometime. nice site btw, great ideas

How do you set up a game, I'm on some server but there are no nhl94 people there.

How do you set up a game, I'm on some server but there are no nhl94 people there.

Most people set up their games through AIM. Check the member list from this site to find people's AIM addresses. After you set up the game, then you can decide on the server you're going to play on. Good luck!

My brother and I played each other on this game for over a decade before we went off to college. I recently discovered SNES9x and the NHL '94 ROM, and it's been great to be able to play the game on my laptop (of course, I still have the SNES and the game itself). I've played other NHL games, but this is easily the best there ever was (and most likely, ever will be).

I'll have to read up on how to play online games, as that looks very interesting and a great way to keep sharp (there are only so many times you can hang 30 goals on the CPU before you grow tired of the whole thing).

Hey,

I'm new to the site and am looking to play some games before the season starts up, please feel free to challenge me, it should be some easy practice for you, but I'm looking to improve. Hit me up at AIM: jfcaveman when I'm on, I'm looking for a game B)

EA

EDIT: oh and btw, i kinda play both systems so don't hesitate to take me on. . .

Hey,

I'm new to the site and am looking to play some games before the season starts up, please feel free to challenge me, it should be some easy practice for you, but I'm looking to improve. Hit me up at AIM: jfcaveman when I'm on, I'm looking for a game ;)

EA

EDIT: oh and btw, i kinda play both systems so don't hesitate to take me on. . .

Hey there, I will be more than happy to play some exhibition games with you. I am a GENS player...

AIM- hockeyman1983cgy

Welcome aboard! B)

• 2 weeks later...
My brother and I played each other on this game for over a decade before we went off to college. I recently discovered SNES9x and the NHL '94 ROM, and it's been great to be able to play the game on my laptop (of course, I still have the SNES and the game itself). I've played other NHL games, but this is easily the best there ever was (and most likely, ever will be).

I'll have to read up on how to play online games, as that looks very interesting and a great way to keep sharp (there are only so many times you can hang 30 goals on the CPU before you grow tired of the whole thing).

Welcome. Yes, you have stumbled upon the Fountain of Youth for NHL94. Once you taste the sweet, sweet nectar of online play, you will find that NHL94 stays young forever.

Throw your AIM up here or send it to Evan for inclusion here when you're ready.

I'll play you. Not sure how though. I will see if I can figure it out. I'm new here as well. Love the game, stumbled across this site and was amazed something like this existed. How did you get into a league?

If you're interested, the Classic '94 League should be starting up in the (relatively) near future. Signups are "open", in the sense that all you need is enthusiasm and the ability to jump through some minor technological hoops (found here). You should also consider emailing your contact information to Evan at admin@nhl94.com to ensure that you'll be notified when registration begins.

I recently found out about gens and been playing NHL 94 again, And a few times over Netplay but not to much.

I want to play some good people from here, Currently I am not very good but practice makes perfect. :D

So if you would like to play! Please add me to MSN: rinxen@hotmail.com

I recently found out about gens and been playing NHL 94 again, And a few times over Netplay but not to much.

I want to play some good people from here, Currently I am not very good but practice makes perfect. :D

So if you would like to play! Please add me to MSN: rinxen@hotmail.com

Cody, welcome. For better or for worse, the community here relies on AOL for about 98% of all exhibition / league game activity. I suggest you go here:

http://www.aim.com

To download and install the software. Also, it's not a bad idea to pick a separate login that you reserve for when you're in the mood to play some NHL94; it keeps the distractions down when you're at work or studying or otherwise unavailable for a game. Looking forward to having you around.

Thanks I will make one now, Please leave your AIM name here if you would like to play random games.

Or if you know anyone that would please give me the AIM name.

Feel free to add me or give my name to other players, SN = CodyNHLgames

These are good places to start:

http://nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=gens

http://nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=snes

Hey guys I'm brand new to the NHL94 emulator. I'm looking forward to these leagues. Is there any further information on the game I need? I downloaded the Gens emulator and NHL94. And can anyone give me the default controls for the keyboard? haha, thanks.