NHL'94 Forums

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

Chris

I just found a slice of heaven. You have just encountered the number one ranked player from State College, Pa, circa 94- 97. I am looking forward to any and all competition that I can find. Thanks to whoever created the site!!!!!

One question, how do I set up an AIM????? I want to play someone ASAP!!!!

Late,

Kev

www.aim.com

#1 ranked nhl94 player State College circa 2003-2006 right here. Are you a fellow Penn State graduate? Let me know what your AIM name is once you set it up.

AIM tocchet22, look forward to playing. I just tried a few online games, a bit of a delay, need to get used to it. but I held my own. I will take on all comers. late

Guest Wags13

If Tochett22 is the best player from State College whenever then I must be the greatest player ever from anywhere, cause I took 3 outta 4 games against him yesterday.. and I just started playing online last Thursday. :D

Give Tocchett a break, he got the tools to be a very good player once he gets use to this online thing. I played him a few times and he certainly knows the basics of the game.

I remember when I first started playing online, I had no skills and had to start from scratch. Tocchett is already ahead of the game.

If Tochett22 is the best player from State College whenever then I must be the greatest player ever from anywhere, cause I took 3 outta 4 games against him yesterday.. and I just started playing online last Thursday. :lol:

wow, you lie..... I stomped you, pretty sad stuff wags

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the community.

AIM is only a requirement if you're playing in 94 leagues, and it's the most common way for guys to setup games.

-Evan

• 2 weeks later...

This website looks way too addictive. I'm not even sure how I came across it, but when I saw this site, I can't believe there are this many people that get into this game. This is by far my favorite game in the series. There are just enough game changes from NHLPA 93 to make '94 better...but I wasn't a fan of the changes EA Sports did to the game after 95. I still have and played NHL 95-98, but they just weren't the same in my opinion. In fact, most EA's sports games seemed to regress in the late 90's for my Genesis console. Maybe they tried to hard to improve the graphics to match the newer game consoles like the original Playstation.

Anyway, what is everyone's advice for me here. I only have a Macintosh...so I may not be able to play online it seems. :D

This is by far my favorite game in the series. There are just enough game changes from NHLPA 93 to make '94 better...but I wasn't a fan of the changes EA Sports did to the game after 95. I still have and played NHL 95-98, but they just weren't the same in my opinion. In fact, most EA's sports games seemed to regress in the late 90's for my Genesis console.

This is actually, word-for-word, the secret password to gain admittance to this site. Congratulations on nailing it on your first try.

As far as what to do about having a Mac... Hmm. I'm not aware of any cross-compatibility of the emulators, but I don't use my Mac for gaming myself so am not the best person to ask.

This might sound stupid, but you could probably get a used PC on eBay cheaper than you could get a new video game console. That would probably depend on your disposable income and the amount of time you think you'll spend playing NHL94 online (you'll either play a lot for a couple of weeks and disappear forever, or it will become as much a part of your life as the noontime meal).

This is actually, word-for-word, the secret password to gain admittance to this site. Congratulations on nailing it on your first try.

As far as what to do about having a Mac... Hmm. I'm not aware of any cross-compatibility of the emulators, but I don't use my Mac for gaming myself so am not the best person to ask.

This might sound stupid, but you could probably get a used PC on eBay cheaper than you could get a new video game console. That would probably depend on your disposable income and the amount of time you think you'll spend playing NHL94 online (you'll either play a lot for a couple of weeks and disappear forever, or it will become as much a part of your life as the noontime meal).

Actually, it pretty much replaced my noontime meal (I think they call that lunch in some circles).

I just signed up today myself but am pretty much a noobie to online gaming. I usually play the ncaa football series on PS2 but have a few questions as how to get started on this. I remember playing this game in the dorms in 99. yea I know the game was 5 years old but was more fun than the games they had for playstation.

I havent played in about 8 years so I will be quite rusty.

Holla back

If there is anyone out there that knows if there is a tutorial out there to get up and running please shout out a link for me. I am terrible with this stuff at first but will get the hang of it.

Also, if someone would be able to walk me through it that would be even more help.

Thanks again :)

hey all hort22 here...my buddy signed up for the forums but he cant do anything...i just brought him into the world of nhl94 last weekend over many beers and such...like i said he has signed up (even though it lets him log in) but cant post or download anything like the game manual (from that topic)..oh yah he doesnt see the pics that we all see when we are logged in as well

his user name is tudders59

he would like any help in the matter

thanks guys

hort22

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the post announcing that i'm a new member, i know that is always annoying

Haven't played much NHL94, never owned it for genesis just 93, which i'm a pretty big fan of though watching clockwises bonanza on NHLPA 93 i realized i'm pretty terrible at the game, but if anyone wants to play 93, or 94 i'm down since maybe ill get better,

Screen Name: NEGATIVENICK7000

Thanks for your patience