NHL'94 Forums

what about playoff deadlines?

hokkeefan

should only take 1-2 days to finish a series, but ya realistically i say 5days

5 days would be ideal... but some guys may only be available on weekends. It should just be 7 days rolling... series 1 starts Fri night, series 2 starts Friday night one week later... etc.

Maybe you can televise the games on NBC- it might draw better ratings and I'm pretty sure there isn't any horse racing this weekend, so the entire game CAN be shown if it goes to overtime.

:)

Or you can tune in to channel 5,038 and watch it on Versus. Oh, that's if you have it. If you don't, call your cable company; they'll be sure to consider that extra sports channel in the event they already provide ESPN Classic, ESPN U, the Golf Channel, The Ladies Croqueting Network, etc.

Maybe you can televise the games on NBC- it might draw better ratings and I'm pretty sure there isn't any horse racing this weekend, so the entire game CAN be shown if it goes to overtime.

:wacko:

Or you can tune in to channel 5,038 and watch it on Versus. Oh, that's if you have it. If you don't, call your cable company; they'll be sure to consider that extra sports channel in the event they already provide ESPN Classic, ESPN U, the Golf Channel, The Ladies Croqueting Network, etc.

:lol:

Hey was anyone here actually watching the game on NBC and then they unfortuntely found out they dont have Versus?

Luckily, I have CBC so I didn't have any problems at all. :D

GO OTTAWA!!!

:wacko:

Hey was anyone here actually watching the game on NBC and then they unfortuntely found out they dont have Versus?

Luckily, I have CBC so I didn't have any problems at all. :lol:

GO OTTAWA!!!

I haven't talked to anybody that was watching the game and was unable to see overtime on Versus because their cable/dish provider didn't have Versus. Although, I live in the United States AND Florida, so I have about -11 hockey friends. I'm guessing it had to happen to some people, although you had no problems in Canada with CBC. And the Buffalo market kept the NBC feed through the horse race, so they didn't miss anything.

Can you really blame NBC for switching over to The Preakness? That horse race is a top ten viewed event here in the States and outdraws the NHL on NBC audience by about 6 times. I personally want to watch the hockey, but if I am an NBC executive, I am switching the programming to the race for sure.

Shame on the NHL for agreeing on a TV contract that lets the NHL have no bargaining power in when they want to air their games. This is how that conversationg goes:

NBC: Hey Gary, we want to air your Buffalo-Ottawa game at 2:00ET on Saturday. The game better be over at 5:00ET because we have a horse race to air, so hope for no overtime.

NHL: Well, that's not really what we want...

*click*

All these afternoon playoff games are getting a little outta hand. At least all the Stanley Cup Finals games are all 8:00pm ET starts.