NHL'94 Forums

Custom ROM

dmac

Hey I'm not that new to this site but I am new in editing the game. In fact, I have never edited the game before but I really wanna give it a shot.

I'm trying to edit the original NHL 94 ROM and add my own custom audio. I'm looking to add the current goal horns and take away the default goal horn but I have no clue how to edit anything in the game.

I have already downloaded NHL Old Skool Editor and extracted it but now I have no clue what to do :lol:

Like I said before, I am very new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. :blink:

Please help me in this forum or on AIM.

AIM: maddmac94

OK. I think I've figured the NHL Old Skool Editor out, but I can't find anything to do with changing the audio.

Do I need a different Editor or something?

Please help :blink:

DMAC, if I remember correctly, there was someone else in some other editing threads trying to do the same thing. I can't remember which one it was, but I don't think they had figured out how to do it- I think they had even mentioned that it wasn't even possible? Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, just wanted to try and save you some time...

OK. I think I've figured the NHL Old Skool Editor out, but I can't find anything to do with changing the audio.

Do I need a different Editor or something?

Please help :)

If your thinking of adding any tunes or diddies keep in mind the limitations of the Genesis hardware. The YM2612 (Yamaha sound chip) uses FM channels for synthesizing audio and programmable sound generator in the VDP (used for organ tunes I think). It's antiquated 20 yrs old now and could never produce high quality sound even in it's day.

Finding where the audio is located and editing it is something that I'm in the process of figuring out.