NHL'94 Forums

Interest in a '91 ROM league?

SSiG

I am taking up a massive job tonight. I am going to re-create the 1991-92 Stanley Cup playoffs, playing as the bottom seeds and hoping I don't get my ass kicked. I will be using the 91' Mod.

Adams Division

#1 Montreal (2) v. #4 Hartford (0)

#2 Boston v. #3 Buffalo

Patrick Division

#1 NY Rangers v. #4 New Jersey

#2 Washington v. #3 Pittsburgh

Norris Division

#1 Detroit v. #4 Minnesota

#2 Chicago v. #3 St. Louis

Smythe Division

#1 Vancouver v. #4 Winnipeg

#2 Los Angeles v. #3 Edmonton

I will be playing Best of 7 games one series at a time, starting with the #1 v. #4 Matchup in the Adams Division. I will be uploading all the videos to my page on LiveVideo. I'll link every video I make.

Rules

7 Minute Periods

Manual Goalie

Penalties on (No offsides)

No line changes

lol dude...come on...your gonna win every series

LOL @ your logic. If you're going to have that attitude, then I suggest you and everyone else who thinks the same to leave this thread now and get your head examined. Look at my performances in the draft league, and stop sippin' the damn Kool-Aid. I have trouble beating the CPU at times. You guys wanna come in and ruin one of the few times I've had fun around here? Try it, I have a feeling you'll be met with very strong resistance.

Anyway, Game 1 of Hartford/Montreal is done. Habs win 3-1 and take a 1-0 lead in the best of 7 series. Game 2 will start momentarily, and I hope to have that video up later as well.

For those with the intelligence to know that I'm not going to win EVERY series, the video will be uploaded in about an hour. I have to edit it to add background music, since the last NHL 94 video I did, didn't have any sound. Friggin' Gens emulator.

If you dont win every series thats pretty bad the cpu in nhl94 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing more to say to you. Stop trying to ruin the fun I'm trying to have. I've had enough negativity thrown at me for one day.

Anyway, Game 2 is in the books. I won't spoil it for you, because it was VERY exciting for me to play!

Games 3 and 4 will be later tonight. I'm gonna try to get Games 1 and 2 uploaded for you now.

I just finished playing games 3 and 4. I'm not going to give away the end results, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Game 3 was another thriller, even with Kay Whitmore in net :)...and in Game 4, one of the goalies (Patrick Roy or Peter Sidorkiewicz) gets pwned big time with shots.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

Guest cr0ssbar94
I just finished playing games 3 and 4. I'm not going to give away the end results, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Game 3 was another thriller, even with Kay Whitmore in net :)...and in Game 4, one of the goalies (Patrick Roy or Peter Sidorkiewicz) gets pwned big time with shots.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

DUDE where di you get that rom?! Where can I download it??? Any more like it?? Thanks!

ok S SiG i read you little blue thing...and i applogise..what your doing is cool and the fact that your even posting all of the games is even cooler...i just wanna say sorry and good luck with this project i hope you do have fun...keep it up...o 1 thing i noticed the video is way behind your sound...the sound of a shot comes up a good 7 seconds before the shot...giving away goals..if you could fix that it would be gold.

ok S SiG i read you little blue thing...and i applogise..what your doing is cool and the fact that your even posting all of the games is even cooler...i just wanna say sorry and good luck with this project i hope you do have fun...keep it up...o 1 thing i noticed the video is way behind your sound...the sound of a shot comes up a good 7 seconds before the shot...giving away goals..if you could fix that it would be gold.

Thank you, and I am aware of the sound de-sync. I don't know how to fix that, so from now on I'm not doing the game sound. I'm thinking I could do just as well to replace what you'd normally hear with music that (hopefully) takes on the mood of the game.

ok..the ice hockey video was the bigest waste of life ever..sorry i couldnt hold that one in

The NES one? I was trying to be 100% silly. Sorry you didn't like it.

yeah it was crazy...you used all of the jokes over and over..it got old...were you purposly using the same jokes over and over i kinda got the feeling that it was the point

Yeah. I was trying to capture the feeling of 4 fat guys playing hockey. Guess I failed :)

If your video is AVI, you can fix the sound in Virtualdub (http://virtualdub.org)

(From memory, could be a bit off:)

In the Sound menu, go to Streams to bring up the sound streams window.

Right-click the sound stream and select "interleaving".

In the interleaving window, set the sound delay offset (or something like that) to some number of milliseconds to try to get the sound to synch up. I think you need a value of around -5000ms (i think negative makes the sound earlier).

The Hartford/Montreal series is OVER.

It went the full 7 games. I am not going to spoil the ending, you'll just have to wait until they're all uploaded.

NY Rangers/New Jersey is next. I'm going to put my loyalty aside, break the rules I already set aside for this, and play as the Rangers.

If I play as New Jersey, the controller's going across the room if I lose, and I'm not going to chance that :P

I'll probably start that series tomorrow, since I wanna get the rest of Hartford/Montreal up.

That was one hell of a series you had going on there dude. Game winning over time goals in gmaes 6 and 7 is one sweet way to take down the habs with the harmless whalers. Its all about yake time in game 6 overtime.

• 1 month later...

Wondering if there's any interest in this. I talked to Evan about it, and if I can get the interest, I'd be more than willing to toss this up for some fun.

If you're interested, I'll let you call a team in here...except Hartford, they're mine since they suck.

Rules

'91 ROM

5 Minute Periods

No Offsides (Penalties On)

No Line Changes

*Game is called if one team is leading by 8 goals or more after 2 periods

42 Game Season (Each team plays the other teams twice)

Top 8 in each conference makes playoffs.

* = EXAMPLE - Let's say IAmFleurysHipCheck is beating SSiG 9-1 after 2 periods. The game is called, and can be reported to the server. Of course, both players can agree to waive the mercy rule beforehand and play all 3 periods anyway. This rule is made to protect rookies and those who are far less skilled.

If you call a team, I'll edit this post with your name next to the team.

Boston

Buffalo

Calgary - Jamonica

Chicago

Detroit

Edmonton - DaDonch44

Hartford - SSiG

Los Angeles

Minnesota

Montreal

New Jersey

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Quebec

St. Louis

Toronto

Vancouver

Washington

Winnipeg

Rules are negotiable, but you're gonna have to really sway me to get any changes <_<