NHL'94 Forums

A game with a Hab

My bud and I after playing some shinny with my Wendel Clark jersey on and his Rocket jersey on we decided to play some NHL 94. The game's scoring went back and forth with us sitting on the edge of our seats. We were in the zone. It felt like i was representing Leafs Nation and he was representing Habland. We both knew i couldn't fail our hockey gods. My captain had it in his heart as did I and obliterated Guy Carbonneau in the trolley tracks. My friend threw down his controller in disgust shouting "No Leaf will ever get past I." In the 3rd period he leads 4-2. We score. I could not say I because the Leafs aren't controlled by one person, they're controlled by a Nation, The Leafs Nation. 5 minutes left and the clock keeps on ticking. I hated every moment of it. WE SCORE TO TIE WE SCORE TO TIE. Into OT it goes. I waste time to get my head on straight by passing to my players back and forth and skating around. I dodged many checks that seemed like bullets. I then carry it down the ice after and I get hit. The puck slides away, he picks it up. Skates down and shoots hoping to get past Felix...... He does. It was over, but i knew i couldn't get down on myself. I represented a Nation of Leafs and I fought my best. Next time he knows he'll be scared to play me. He'll be scared out of his mind because he knows whats comin.