NHL'94 Forums

A Few Questions About Graphical Stuff...

I've been working on a hack for NHL 94 (Gens), I have all the teams, playoff draws, title screen/splash screens and such done, but there are a few graphical things I have left that I really don't know how to do.

First off, I think it's important for me to note that I'm using wboy's 30 team rom as a base.

Anywho, I'm wondering, is it possible for me to edit the rink stuff (face off circles, the crease, etc.) without having to do anything more than what I did for the player card images and such? (when I say more that what I did for the player card images, I mean having to decompress things or something that a novice like me probably can't do) And if so, could someone tell me the offsets and color pallette offsets I would need to do that?

Also, I would like to know if I can do the same with the Stanley Cup image shown in the playoff tree, and if so, could someone also tell me the offsets and color pallette offsets I'd need for that?

Thanks in advance for anyone who decides to help me.

And also thanks a ton to wboy for NOSE, and the 30 team rom, and all that, I really appreciate all the work you've done to make hacking NHL 94 easier the novices like me.

The rink data starts at 00056060 and is comprised of a limited # of shared tiles that are repeated. For instance the faceoff circles are made up of only a few tiles that are repeated, then flipped horizontally and verticaly. Same thing for the crease and the rest of the rink.

I would use Tile Layer Pro instead of TM for editing the rink as it's easier to paste tiles around in TLP. You'll also need Hex Workshop to reconfigure the tile coordinates.

If you want to give it a shot lmk and I'll give you the rink grid, .tlp file (rink palette) and other info.

As for the cup at the playoff screen the tiles might be somewhere around 000E6600 with the edit lines tiles, but I'd have to check to make sure. Not sure which palette they share (if any).

Well, I definately would like to give it a shot, even if it's a little hard for me at this point. The only way I'll get better is to try the things I don't quite know how to do yet. :angry:

Thanks a ton for the help clockwise, I really appreciate it. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Also, I would like to know if I can do the same with the Stanley Cup image shown in the playoff tree, and if so, could someone also tell me the offsets and color pallette offsets I'd need for that?

I have the same problem. Can somebody help me?

Thank you!!!

• 3 years later...
....I would use Tile Layer Pro instead of TM for editing the rink as it's easier to paste tiles around in TLP. You'll also need Hex Workshop to reconfigure the tile coordinates....

I suspect this may be what I'm seeking to understand. could somebody please explain this?