NHL'94 Forums

Choosing teams in playoffs?

Forgive me if I sound incredibly stupid, but just how do you choose your team in the playoffs mode? I'm so used to being able to switch from team to team in NHL 97 (a feature that's been in since NHL 95) that I get confused in NHL 94. It seems that I am always assigned a certain team every time and there's no way to pick the other one. Is it even possible to change teams? I'd appreciate some information. :)

Hm. I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I think you man just taking one team and playing through the playoffs with it. If that's what you mean, it's simple. Just cycle through the teams with left/right. You'll see two teams. The top team is the team you'll play as throughout the playoffs. The bottom team is your opponent in the first round.

Unless you mean switching teams during the playoffs, which I think is impossible.

I mean choosing from the top and bottom teams. I can never choose which one I want to be; the game always assigns me one and I can't change it. I don't mind so much since the Flyers are always the top team, but it can get annoying if I can't pick the team I want to be for the playoffs.

I mean choosing from the top and bottom teams. I can never choose which one I want to be; the game always assigns me one and I can't change it. I don't mind so much since the Flyers are always the top team, but it can get annoying if I can't pick the team I want to be for the playoffs.

If you press left then right, left then right, repeatedly, I think the matchups change (the top team will be the same, but the bottom one will change). But there may only be 3-4 different matchups for each team.

I.e., if you switch the home team to Toronto, and they're matched with St. Louis, I think you can hit left, then right, and the away team should change.

If you press left then right, left then right, repeatedly, I think the matchups change (the top team will be the same, but the bottom one will change). But there may only be 3-4 different matchups for each team.

I.e., if you switch the home team to Toronto, and they're matched with St. Louis, I think you can hit left, then right, and the away team should change.

Yeah I sometimes use that method.

I think another good way is to go to regular exhibition game, make sure you put One - Home, then choose your team. Once your team is chosen, press right and go to the Playoffs. Your team should be the one you chose for the exhibition. Then you can just do the left right thing to decide who you want to play, but don't worry, even if it shows your team as away you should still be that team......I think :lol: