NHL'94 Forums

SNES VIDEO

JeffBC

I played the NHL94 spring 2006 SNES game on zbattle.

Goodtimes.

When I pushed the Esc button and had options I picked the MISC button where it had a movie option.

I recorded a few games and I see the ZM Files but all my video players don't recognize the file including my DivX player.

Anybody able to view their ZM Files?

After all 9 spots of video are used up then what?

Save them to your computer and then delete them?

Does anybody know how much video each spot can hold?

Or is there any otherway of recording SNES games?

post-269-1182176379_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182176449_thumb.jpg

Once again, where is all the help?

Evan can you shed some light on this?

(hopefully this gets answered with a generic 'go to the how-to section to read the biast lets-give-them-more-info-on-the-genesis-version-because-the-passing-sucks self-help board')

:D

Sorry guys, I have never attempted to record video on ZSnes. I'm assuming a .zm file is ZSnes Media. There's nothing in the readme doc or on the ZSnes emulator website?

There are others who use it, so maybe they can help.

-Evan

In zsnes 1.51 you can export videos to AVI (and other formats) which works really well (maybe you can then open the zmw (w, 1, 2, 3 etc.. the reason that the max is zm9 is cause the savestate files are named zs9, z10, z10 etc.)files from the earlier emulator in this one), apart from that sound doesn't seem to get recorded...

The file mencoder.exe is required and has to be downloaded (~11MB unpacked) and put in the zsnes dir. Maby needs some fiddling to get going, but shouldn't be any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

What a waste.

So I need to look for another way to record online video for the SNES NHL94.

Is ZM files the same as ZMV files?

So The ZMV files only record the button you push like A,A,B,A. weird.

To play an zmv file, you need the rerecording enabled version of ZSnes and the ROM image of the game, in addition to the zmv.

TODO: Add instructions - can not be done yet.

No ROM requests.

What is ZMV?

zmv is the movie capture format of ZSnes, a SNES emulator.

zmv is not a multimedia file. It's only a recording of which buttons were pressed during the play.

It does not contain image data or program code.

This kind of recording is not portable between emulators, because different emulators have slightly different timings

(and the file formats differ too), and the movies depend heavily on the timing.

Xstioph what recording player did you use for your video?

hey jeff,

here's a forum on converting files from zmv. to avi...(I think divX player can play avi files)

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3103

I hope this helps.

hey jeff,

here's a forum on converting files from zmv. to avi...(I think divX player can play avi files)

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3103

I hope this helps.

Now that's just complicated... Like I said. ZSNES 1.51 has exporting to xvid (avi) buildt in. The only thing you need is "mencoder" that has to be extracted to the ZSNES directory. It's "lossless" xvid, so you should lose quality.

By the way, how did you make your videos, Jeff? :) Since you're asking about it...

So the only tools I used are ZSNES 1.51 + mencoder, and then Adobe Premiere to put the clips together... Hope this clear things.