NHL'94 Forums

Gameplay Modifications

McRae

Considering there are like 6 buttons on the new controllers. what 2 would be the best to add?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Considering there are like 6 buttons on the new controllers. what 2 would be the best to add?

• 1)Block Shot
    • 2)Speed Burst with puck
    • 3)Spin"O"rama
    • 4)Instigate a Fight
    • 5)Line change (Seperate button instaed of holding down A)
    • 6)Manual Goalie(Seperate button opposed to holding down B)
    • 7)Drop pass
    • 8)Def Control (its R&L on Super Nintendo requires 2 buttons)
    • 9) 1&2
    • 10) 1&3
    • 11) 1&4
    • 12) 1&5
    • 13) 1&6
    • 14) 1&7
    • 15) 2&3
    • 16) 2&4
    • 17) 2&5
    • 18) 2&6
    • 19) 2&7
    • 20) 3&4
    • 21) 3&5
    • 22) 3&6
    • 23) 3&7
    • 24) 4&5
    • 25) 4&6
    • 26) 4&7
    • 27) 5&6
    • 28) 5&7
    • 29) 6&7
    • 30) None they all suck.
    • 31)Your a loser McRae, why did you waste your time ??

McRae, I'm not sure if you realized but the polls on this forum are made to choose 1 out of however many you made. So you can't choose 2 options from your poll.

Sorry, I'll see if this could be changed.

-Evan

Just a little nitpicking, but I think the speedburst with puck could be kind of cheap. Not being able to have a speed burst with the puck allows the defense to catch up or close in on the puck. Giving a speed burst to the guy with the puck would disrupt the balance of the game. Can you imagine how many breakaways there would be?

Just a little nitpicking, but I think the speedburst with puck could be kind of cheap.  Not being able to have a speed burst with the puck allows the defense to catch up or close in on the puck.  Giving a speed burst to the guy with the puck would disrupt the balance of the game.  Can you imagine how many breakaways there would be?

far too many... mogilny with a speed burst??

:)

Reply for other ideas. I know you could prolly add more than 2 but it takes too long to add all the Poll selections or whatever you call them.

And i forgot to put fake Shot too

the only one i would even consider, is the one you forgot.

I think the dump with A is invaluable and it would be atrocious if they took it out.

Reply for other ideas. I know you could prolly add more than 2 but it takes too long to add all the Poll selections or whatever you call them.

And i forgot to put fake Shot too

Fake shot for sure. If it were possible to click A button to dump in (because dump ins can help offensive attacks) and hold A for a second for a fake shot, that would be awesome. Fake shot would get the goalies to go down and stack the pads early off the rush and a wrist shot could score. It would create more offensive opportunities. I also think using the start button clicked once to initiate a fight or to say yes to one would be great. I don't think any other modifications are necessary, this game is great because of its easily controllable game play. The game speed is not to fast like new games, players are easy to handle, and goals are a result of creativity. NHL94 is the "lego" of video games.