NHL'94 Forums

SNES NHL94 2 on 2

I've had a few games online playing with Case mostly as teammates.Good times.

We need to figure out how 2on2 is going to work for the SNES NHL94.

Case said it could maybe work if he was at my house and we played against 2 other guys that were at the same house also.

I wonder if it would work 2on1 if Case is at my house and we play againt 1 other guy online.

This of course will only be until we find a better way to do it like the Genesis where they don't have to be at the same house.

Is there two SNES NHL94 guys that live close to each other so we can try this 2on2 game sometime?

Evan that map would come in handy for this.

Knowing where everybody lives and what system they play.

jeffpicsandvid11025rj0.jpg

• 1 month later...

When will someone figure out how to do 2 on 2 for the SNES?

Is there any other way to do 2 on 2 for the SNES if ZSNES and zbattle is not the answer?

Will ASNES figue it out?

Or will there be someone else someday that will invent a server that can hold up to 5 players at once?

Ahhhh When?

When will someone figure out how to do 2 on 2 for the SNES?

Is there any other way to do 2 on 2 for the SNES if zbattle is not the answer?

Will zbattle figue it out?

Or will there be someone else someday that will invent a server that can hold up to 5 players at once?

Ahhhh When?

Snes9k might support 4 tap, might want to look into that.

Also the Gens 2on2 rom is only 2 skaters a side, not 5on5.

Thanks Clockwise Snes9k might support 4 tap, I'll look into that.

Clockwise is the Genesis 2on2 league only 2 guys a side?

Wouldn't you rather have 5on5 with 2 teammates on each team?

Can you play 5on5 with 2 teammates on each team online?

I have seen a few Genesis videos but I don't know if that is online play.

Is there a plan to have a Genesis 5on5 2 teammates on each team league?

I found a frequently asked question on zbattle:

When will zbattle.net support more than 2 players?

This is a limitation of ZSNES, so it's really up to its developers. zbattle.net cannot

support more than 2 players until ZSNES does.

can one button replace the hold for goalie action that Genesis suffers from? s h i t, I'd rather have to hold down pass than hold down switch to goalie. worst sports game flaw ever. most frustrating experience in all of life. hold for goalie killed my mother.

Case said something about a SNES 3on3 made by Fenty. I hope to check that out soon.

Well he got it from me. ;) I posted it here http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?s=&sh...post&p=3975 over a year ago. But that one had a bug that Fenty reported to me. Never got to replace the one in that post though.

So here's the more recent one anyway:

NHL.94.3on3_xstioph_fixed.zip

can one button replace the hold for goalie action that Genesis suffers from? s h i t, I'd rather have to hold down pass than hold down switch to goalie. worst sports game flaw ever. most frustrating experience in all of life. hold for goalie killed my mother.

It's really not that bad. You just have to anticipate your opponent's moves. I can understand your point. But once you can learn to hit C to check while also holding B down to get ready to switch, you hardly even notice it.

• 2 weeks later...

Case and I played Xstioph's SNES NHL94 3on3 game last night for the first time.

We loved it!!

Kick ass!!

Xstioph how long did it take you to make this 3on3 great game?

Thanks Xstioph!!

Cheers! :amazing:

thmogoalhabsge4.jpg

Yeah I tried making 2on2 as well but found it to boring as it really lacked passing options for one timers and it just wasn't fun, you need that extra player to get flow imo. I bet 2on2 can be fun too though.

It takes like.. A minute? It's a matter of two bytes per team if you only edit the "Best Line" so it's insanely simple actually.

There are seven bytes per line: G, LD, RD, LW, C, RW, X (extra attacker, and the L and R might be the other way, but basically this is how it is). Each byte defines "who" in the lineup to be at which spot. So all you need to do is put 00 (two zeros) at the place of whoever you wanna remove.

As for 2on5, I already have that for all teams actually! :amazing: So there's one rom per team. As there's one for Anaheim, where the Ducks only have 2 players while all other teams have 5, that's why there has to be a separate rom for each team. I made it as an attempt of making the game harder but it's sadly to easy even with two players, at some times it's actually easier as you don't get ANY passes going to the wrong player.

I noticed I have a 0on5 rom as well.. I think I just fooled around to see what only playing as a goalie would be like.

I'd have to agree with the comments on the 3v3 hack...its great!

I play more 3v3 than 5v5, (which probably explains why I'm so horrible at defense).

It's a wide open "Pond Hockey" style of play and a real test of goal tending when you don't have the AI defense doing their clutch and grabs.

Excellent....Hit me up anytime for 3v3 online

Alex

It will be great once a server is invented that can holds up to 10 or 12 SNES NHL '94 players at once in 1 online game.

5on5 and 6on6.

2 guys only as goalies.That would be cool.

If it rotates fine.

The Nostalgia league has 18 guys.If there was a confirmed date for 5on5 or 6on6 that would be a classic game.

So much passing and great set up plays.

Let the future bring inventers that can invent these servers.

Xstioph's Corner

http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4213

Xstioph your 1on1 and 2on2 roms work great!!

Great job!!

Xstioph is your favorite team MODO and what is your favorite NHL team?

Halifax was saying he was having a hard time getting the 3on3 rom to work.

Edit: I gave Halifax the 3on3 rom on AIM and it's working now.

The roms work great on zbattle.

Good times.

Cheers.

1. Considering the SNES itself only support 5 players max I can almost guarantee that there will never be 6 vs 6, sadly.

2. The 0on5 was just, uhm, for testing purpose.

3. Nope, haven't released the 2on5, yet.

4. Yeah I talked to Halifax as well and he told me he was unable to play any of my hacks. Have no idea what the reason for that might be. Haven't heard anyone else having problems like that. The weird thing is that he's able to play Mack's hacked rom (although I think he's using another rom as a base than I've gotten hold of, but I've looked through half a dozen version of the original rom, with no luck of finding that one).

5. I've never played any hacked roms online. Tbh I've hardly played online at all. Well about a year ago I played ~20 games against Fenty, that's about it. So I'm not really sure how well they work on zbattle

6. I don't care much for SEL (Swedish Elite League), and certainly not MODO :D It was awesome during the lockout with all kinds of cool players on the ice. I actually watched two of the games that season. 10 years ago, after playing Elitserien 95 a lot, I got hooked on Luleå, but after Jarmo Myllys (goalie that played one year in Sharks, a two time SEL goal scorer with just an awesome personality and cool play style, often referred to as a 3rd d-man) quit I kinda lost my interest in Luleå and along with it my interest in the whole league. International hockey and NHL is what counts nowadays.

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm that Snes9k with Kaillera

will hold more than 2 SNES NHL'94 players at once on all different computers?

How many players can it hold?

If this is so then does this make ZSNES and zbattle not worth using anymore?

Xstioph I played your 5on2 rom and it works great!

• 2 years later...

some people playing mario kart with snes9x on kalleira client, could we do nhl94 2on2 via snes9x?