NHL'94 Forums

Anyone still have NHL 94 for SNES or GENS?

My friend Derek (whom I'm rooming with next year in college) still has his copy and his SNES, so fun nights will ensue this next school year.

How about you all...still have your original cartridge from your SNES or GENS years?

I still play the game on my Sega Genesis console. Have several copies of the cartridge and a bunch of control pads. Nothing beats playing the game on the console. The emuator is like 95% the same but is just missing a small something.

But yes, I still have my original cartridge. It's bruised and battered and doesn't save records, but It's a collector's item. It's seen thousands of games, controllers being thrown at it, and all sorts of oddities (such as 12 goalies skating on the ice).

-Evan

I've never owned a Super Nintendo unfortunately, which is the system I prefer to play NHL '94 on. Back in 94-95 there was a friend who had it though and that's when I got hooked. Guess I got back to it somehow when emulators started spreading over the web like a wild fire (2000:ish?).

I have however owned a Sega Mega Drive back in the days, which sadly broke and by that time (around '97 I think) I had a Sega Saturn already so I didn't bother fixing it or getting a new one... I never had NHL '94 for it, but I did have Elitserien '95 and NHL '96 (I'm Swedish, and so is Elitserien, Swedish Elite Leauge) and I also had EA Double Header which included EA Hockey (and some Madden game).

Really liked all of them in their own way.

My brother owned the snes system and nhl94 and was gonna sell it off to someone else before he moved away for college. I gave him 50 bucks so I could keep it. It still works perfectly.

I still have a Genesis & NHL94 and a SNES & NHL95.

In my fourth year of university, I broke out the Genesis in my residence suite, and many hours of fierce nhl94 competition ensued.

have: Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, SNES, PS (multiple), N64, Game Boy Color, PS2.

Genesis: NHL '92, NHL '93, NHL '94 (multiple), NHL '95, NHL '96, NHL '97, NHL '98.

SNES: NHLPA '93, NHL '94 (multiple), NHL '95, NHL '96, NHL '97, NHL '98.

come to Boston and play!

I still play NHL 94 on the Genesis console very frequently.

Whenever I get some buddies over we play NHL 94 on the console. And it still works perfectly! :)

Now I'm off to my 7-day Alaska cruise! cya later :D

Good to hear that people still have their original cartridges! Goes to show the physical staying power of those games (even with all the controller bashing and console bumping)...

Can you believe it's almost been fifteen or so years since this game came out? Blows my mind...

i havent had the original cartridges since my GENs burned about in around '96-'97, but I was searching around eBay this morning and scored this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006

now just to find a cheap Genesis and ill be good to go :D