NHL'94 Forums

Classic '94 Fall 2007 Season Update

Evan

Hey guys,

I hope everyone has been enjoying their summer and practicing '94. We will have Registration dates, instructions, and information about the Fall 2007 League for everyone August 1st. This date is NOT the start of registration.

This league will be 100% happening, so we can end the lockout and keep playing. Jacob and I are going to do everything we can to make the site features working by the Season start. You can expect the season to start around mid to late September 2007.

-Evan

Glorious.

As excited as I'm sure everyone is for the return of "Old School" NHL94 league, don't confuse the length of time between the last season and this one with a period of inactivity by Evan and Jacob. They've been working their tails off for the last few months; the time that most of us spent wishing that there was a Spring 2007 league was time that they were spending ripping apart the guts of NHL94online.com and making it Better, Stronger, Faster. Three cheers for the imminent return of the league that put this site on the map.

Hey everyone,

A test email has been sent out to everyone currently on the Gens and Snes online players lists. These lists can be found here:

GENS - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=gens

SNES - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online_players.php?lg=snes

I will be posting and emailing registration dates to everyone on these lists August 1st.

1. If you are on the list and have received the test email ok, then you don't have to do anything.

2. If you are not on this list and would like to be added now, please visit http://www.nhl94online.com/html/registration-temp.php so that your information is entered into our database of players. Please note that this registration page will change once registration for the Fall 2007 has begun.

3. If you are on this list, but have a new email address or other contact info please email me at admin@nhl94.com

3. If you would like to be removed from the league and emails, please email me at admin@nhl94.com with "NHL94 ONLINE REMOVE" as the subject.

Thanks guys!

-Evan

Hasn't been sent yet.. having issues with some email addresses.

Seems like I can't send out an email with this many addresses. I'll post here if I get the email sent or not.

-Evan

Does anyone have experience with sending out bulk mail? Seems I can't do it through my mail server. We have close to 400 email addresses, but I can't send an email to that many users.

Ideas?

-Evan

I've had similar issues before with that...perhaps try capping each email at 50 users...if its not too much trouble of course.

Apparently it sent out to some users since I got replies, and I could probably figure out which ones though it will take a while being that there's close to 400 users.

Anyway, so 50 per email is a safe number?

-Evan

I'm going to try a 3rd party mailing list today thanks to addisonbr's help, and see where that takes us. If this works out, then this is the solution. If not, I'll just send out a few emails to 50 addresses at a time.

-Evan