NHL'94 Forums

Console Pissing Contest

Traudatman inspired this from a thread I was just reading about who still has a copy of their original NHL94? (I proudly can say I still have mine)

But how many consoles do you still own starting from the beginning of time?

Here's my count:

Atari 2600

NES

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis

Turbo Grafix16

SNES

N64

PS 1

PS 2

Xbox 360

Nintendo Wii (being delivered today, heard it makes for great fun while you're drinking)

I think that about does it, I will building my Gaming Museum over the next couple years. I know there's a lot more that were offered, but it should be interesting to see what else people have.

Guest Wags13
Traudatman inspired this from a thread I was just reading about who still has a copy of their original NHL94? (I proudly can say I still have mine)

But how many consoles do you still own starting from the beginning of time?

Here's my count:

Atari 2600

NES

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis

Turbo Grafix16

SNES

N64

PS 1

PS 2

Xbox 360

Nintendo Wii (being delivered today, heard it makes for great fun while you're drinking)

I think that about does it, I will building my Gaming Museum over the next couple years. I know there's a lot more that were offered, but it should be interesting to see what else people have.

Can't wait to see the Gaming Museum, right next to your Jeremy Roenick shrine I would assume?? I'd call you a fag, but now I am gunshy to do so since Clockwise banned me from the 94 server for 8 hours for doing so :D

Let's see...

RadioShack Electronic Scoreboard (I should get bonus points for this)

Atari 2600 Flashback2 (not the original, which I no longer have, the modern plug-n-play box)

Intellivision

PlayStation

PlayStation2 (2 of them)

PlayStation2 slim (unopened, not sure why I have it)

NES

Sega Geneis (duh)

Sega CD

Sega Nomad

Sega Dreamcast

XBox 360

GameBoy

NeoGeo Pocket

PSP

Jakks EA NHL 95 / Madden 95 (I have a bunch of Jakks TV game controllers, but I don't really think they count. Thought I'd list this one anyway, in case people weren't aware that it existed.)

NES - 2 fully functional units and 2 that I keep for spare parts.. 1 of them's modded to get rid of regional limitations (and some 100+ games).

N64 - 2 games, never used it (quickly realized how much fps games actually sucked on consoles, bought it because of Golden Eye).

PS2 - w/ 250gb HDD.. Wow those loading times sure got cut in half (and then some).

Other than that I've owned a Sega Saturn and a Sega Mega Drive but they're both gone...

Guess I have a pair of Game & Watch somewhere as well (Oil Panic and Octopus). Nostalgic note: Damn Donkey Kong Jr. was great...

I sure want a Super NES, but only if I could get hold of one of them flash units that you can fill with roms (aah, hacked roms).

Great thread. :D

"PlayStation2 slim (unopened, not sure why I have it)"

Say, I don't want to be of any trouble, but I would be interested in purchasing said ps2 slim. Especially if it comes with a controller. Just let me know if I'm being a pain or if you could give me a price quote.

I am not just f**king with you. I am interested

Let's see...

RadioShack Electronic Scoreboard (I should get bonus points for this)

Atari 2600 Flashback2 (not the original, which I no longer have, the modern plug-n-play box)

Intellivision

PlayStation

PlayStation2 (2 of them)

PlayStation2 slim (unopened, not sure why I have it)

NES

Sega Geneis (duh)

Sega CD

Sega Nomad

Sega Dreamcast

XBox 360

GameBoy

NeoGeo Pocket

PSP

Jakks EA NHL 95 / Madden 95 (I have a bunch of Jakks TV game controllers, but I don't really think they count. Thought I'd list this one anyway, in case people weren't aware that it existed.)

Just the PS2 now. Sold all my other gaming things before we moved into this new place, but if I hit another jackpot in Atlantic City this thursday, maybe I'll pick up some old school stuff. A genesis and NHL 94 <3 :D

Currently Have:

Sega Genesis (about 3 of them) including my original one

Sega CD

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Nomad

Super Nintendo

Play Station 2 Slim

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo Gameboy Color

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

Nintendo DS

Used to Have:

Nintendo

Nintendo Gameboy

Sega Master System

Say, I don't want to be of any trouble, but I would be interested in purchasing said ps2 slim. Especially if it comes with a controller. Just let me know if I'm being a pain or if you could give me a price quote.

I got a message from gr8199 on this too - on his advice I'm going to check that at least one of the other two is in working order. Haven't played them in a while and I guess they go bad. If they're cool I'll get back to you on the dealio.

"PlayStation2 slim (unopened, not sure why I have it)"

I am not just f**king with you. I am interested

Hey I'm actually selling a slim PS2, it's used, but in perfect condition. It'll also come with 2 controllers and some games. The reason I'm selling it is because I got a PS3. My AIM is brownmagic1919 if interested.

Yesterday, the head of Game Development was actually in his office. I decided to duck in there and introduce myself. My intention was to start in to talk to get his reactions about the Wii since he has one in his office and i was getting one delivered that day. We got into talking and I think he would win this contest. He said he's got every console ever made (US manufacture I assume)... even including those old consoles from the 70s. He said he also owns 90-95% of the games ever made for all those consoles. Very impressive, although you're at a distinct advantage when you're in the position to expense every game to the company you work for as "market research". LOL

He also used to work for Sega so I naturally brought up NHL94. He said he's friends with some of the developers from the game. I told him to check out the site. He's a video game fanatic so I'm realling looking forward to his feedback. Will let you know what I hear.

NES

Gameboy

n64

Sega CD

PS1

PS2

And 3 Sega Genesis for when we hold nhl tourneys. (one's missing it's faceplate as I removed it, spraypainted it gold, and now is the belt when you win segathon)

I am glad I held on to all of them. Always fun to crack them out when people are over.

Why thank you. if you want to see some more drunken nerdiness go to www.segathon.com

We just got done with a tournement a couple weeks ago and my liver still hurts.

No way man! As soon as I opened this up I knew everything about this tourney. Pat cuts my hair and is one of my bud's in Chicago. My roomie and I actually refer to him as Patrick L just to make him sound fancy lol.

Pat and I talk about NHL all the time when I come in and he always talks about this tourney. I saw him last week and he was pissed you guys ranked him 5 on the site. lol Yeah, he's a 95er and I'm a 94er but we try to get together to play every once in awhile. Small world man! From the stories I've heard, those tourneys sound like a blast. Great site by the way!

No way man! As soon as I opened this up I knew everything about this tourney. Pat cuts my hair and is one of my bud's in Chicago. My roomie and I actually refer to him as Patrick L just to make him sound fancy lol.

Pat and I talk about NHL all the time when I come in and he always talks about this tourney. I saw him last week and he was pissed you guys ranked him 5 on the site. lol Yeah, he's a 95er and I'm a 94er but we try to get together to play every once in awhile. Small world man! From the stories I've heard, those tourneys sound like a blast. Great site by the way!

That is crazy! Small world is right. The last tourney Pat attended he flew in that night and left early in the morning without sleeping. I am surprised they let him on the plane.

SNES

PS1

Skipped the next gen, then got

Xbox 360

DS Lite (which im gona sell, never play)

PS2 i just got off ebay comming in mail this week, (so many awesome ps2 titles)

Dead- NES

--YES I never actually owned a Gens!

NES - Donated to my Grandparents house for when the kids get bored.

PS1 - Same as NES

XBOX - Still sitting at home

SNES - Stolen

The SNES being stolen is actually an interesting story. Burglars broke into our house, and despite there being an Xbox (with 4 controllers and countless games), and a fairly small but very nice flat screen TV sitting RIGHT beside the SNES, the SNES was stolen along with NHL 94 and 2 SNES controllers. My favorite part is that another 2 SNES hockey games (Stanley Cup Hockey was one, can't remember the other) were left sitting right beside it. In fact, i'm positive the burglar took Stanley Cup Hockey out of the SNES before leaving.

I wouldn't be suprised if the burglar was somebody on these forums :(.

Still got all these:

Genesis (of course)

PS2 slim

PS2 fat

Wii

Gamecube

Gameboy Advance

DS

N64

SNES - shipping here soon

Hey you know what would really be awesome to have in your own house? The arcade game "Turkey Hunt USA"!!

Maybe I'll try buying some arcade games too :D

• 6 months later...

NES

SNES

Genesis

N64

Game Cube

PS

PS2

Xbox

Xbox 360

Wii

And for Christmas this year I got a pretty neat system, forgot who makes it, but it plays both NES and SNES games so I don't have to mess around with cords to swap the two systems.

Fleury's - just remember to attach the wrist thing when drinking and playing that Wii, don't wanna let it slip and go through the TV now. (Witnessed this the first day my buddy got his Wii)

Fleury's - just remember to attach the wrist thing when drinking and playing that Wii, don't wanna let it slip and go through the TV now. (Witnessed this the first day my buddy got his Wii)

No way! I thought those rumors were fake about people tossing it through the TV. LMAO

It's been all Guitar Hero III these days. And the only way I would break my tv is when I trash my place after a great performance. I figure to play like a rock star, you have to live like a rock star. OK, maybe that doesn't work but it's fun!

Atari 2600

ColecoVision

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Sega Genesis

Playstation

Playstation 2

I never had the SNES; however, I did play some games on it at my cousin's house (Royal Rumble, Bubsy, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat, NHL '94, etc.).

In all honesty, almost all of the games I enjoy on today's consoles are merely just sports games. The retro consoles did a great job of providing fun non-sports games to play. My grandpa and I used to spend hours together playing Venture, Frogger, and Carnival on the Coleco. I also enjoyed playing games such as Burgertime, Zaxxon, Turbo, Spy Hunter, Mousetrap, Pepper II, Mr. Do!, Oil Well, Gorf (very similar to Space Invaders), Q*Bert, and so on and so forth.

As for the Atari 2600: Pole Position was a must! While I didn't play many sports games before the NES came out... I still enjoyed Ice Hockey and Pete Rose Baseball on the Atari 2600.

It's amazing how much technology has grown. I used to think that technology reached its peak when you were being chased by Evil Otto in Berzerk!

And let me go on record and say: E.T. FOR THE ATARI 2600 WAS THE WORST DAMN GAME I HAD EVER PLAYED!

I used to think that technology reached its peak when you were being chased by Evil Otto in Berzerk!

And let me go on record and say: E.T. FOR THE ATARI 2600 WAS THE WORST DAMN GAME I HAD EVER PLAYED!

You're talking my language brother. Bezerk was da shiznit!

And ET was the worst game ever made. The head of Game Dev at my company used to work at Atari when they created that game. He said they dumped so much money into thinking that would be the huge hit for Atari. Instead, they ended up throwing truckloads of them away.