NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 Record Keeper 3.0 - Genesis Version

After 8 months, I finally have a program that I feel worthy enough to release.

*** This is only compatible with the ORIGINAL SEGA VERSION of NHL '94 ***

The link below will let you download the .exe directly.

Double click on the .exe and follow the instructions.

When running the program for the first time, a window will pop up saying that certain files and folders are missing. This is normal, just click ok and the program will automatically create the files or folders in the appropriate place. (They are just files and folders that are coded into the .exe to save on program space and size.)

Once it is finished you will be the main menu will appear.

There is a READ ME.doc with simple instructions and pictures to help you out.

Hopefully, I have made the program and the instructions straight-forward enough. But, if there are any questions and feedback, do not hesitate to post them here, or by giving me PM.

Also, I have tried to find all the bugs and errors, but that does not mean I have found them all. If at any time the program crashes or you get an error message, please let me know ASAP and I will try to fix the error and put up a newer release.

Features:

- Game Stats Display (Extract stats from a save state and display them to the screen, then save them to Season or Coach's Stats)

- Exhibition Mode (just saves Coaches' Stats)

- Season Mode (saves Player, Team, and Coaches' Stats)

- Season Stats (Player, Team, Standings, League Leaders, Full Playoffs, All-Time Records)

- Coach Stats (Individual Stats for each Coach/User; similar to Team Stats) - used in both Season and Exhibition Games

- Webpage Generation (For a classic view of your season/coaches stats, or for running a league)

- Season Customization (play a full 82 game season (or 20, or 150))

I hope everyone can and does enjoy this. Even if you dont use it to its full functionality, hopefully people can get some use out of it.

NHL '94 Record Keeper 3.0 - Genesis Version

Kudos on the work. But I guess it doesn't do much for me without snes support. :)

My next task is to get an SNES version working. I am hoping that it shouldn't be too difficult because the only differences should be the offsets. :)

Great job DD. Now how about compatibility with my hacks?! :)

A major thing I want to add to Version 4 is the ability of extracting rosters and attributes directly from ROMs. This way it is easily more compatible with all the great creations that you and everyone else has made.

I have talked to wboy about it and he has given me key info on how to get started. :)

I download it and when I went to open it it's says Compressed folder error "Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". Anyways Sounds very cool You must have put alot of work into it. I liked version 2 as well.

I download it and when I went to open it it's says Compressed folder error "Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". Anyways Sounds very cool You must have put alot of work into it. I liked version 2 as well.

hmmm... try to download it again. Maybe try to save it as a different name, and see if that works. :)

Just re-download it then. Worked fine for me. *prepares for some IE vs FF ranting* :)

i got it downloaded and unzipped. once i open the folder, there is what is called a 0 file? 3774kb

i got it downloaded and unzipped. once i open the folder, there is what is called a 0 file? 3774kb

Hey Hullie,

I put up a link to the .exe (so you don't have to worry about unzipping the file first)

hopefully that makes it easier. :)

Thank you. Just at a glance, this looks like quite an invention. Great work. Way beyond me!

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys! :)

I hope everyone is finding it easy to use.

On the SNES front:

I have changed all of the offsets from GENS to SNES using the list the Xstioph provided (Great Job man!)

so all of the Team Stats, Player Stats, Period Stats, and Crowd Meter extract just fine.

The only parts I'm getting snagged on are the scoring summary, penalty summary (b/c the hex is switched around differently) and the three stars.

Today I will try to work on that some more, and get all of the team banners off of the SNES ROM. So when you SNES guys use this it will only have GENS player cards. :)

So please be patient, I hope to get an SNES Version out as soon as I can! :)

I feel dumb when it comes to computers. I've read the read me file and went threw the steps. When I loaded the "save state" it keeps on coming up as anaheim vs anaheim and all the stats are reading zeros. I'm almost certain it's some very little and dumb that i'm doing on my part. I guess another question I have is. How do "save states" work and when would I save the state of the game. Once the game is fully over and it says exit game or just before that when the whistle blows after the game. Or do I have this all wrong all together. Any help would be big time help. Sorry if these are stupid question but if I don't ask I'll never get to use this awesome Tool. thanks

I feel dumb when it comes to computers. I've read the read me file and went threw the steps. When I loaded the "save state" it keeps on coming up as anaheim vs anaheim and all the stats are reading zeros. I'm almost certain it's some very little and dumb that i'm doing on my part. I guess another question I have is. How do "save states" work and when would I save the state of the game. Once the game is fully over and it says exit game or just before that when the whistle blows after the game. Or do I have this all wrong all together. Any help would be big time help. Sorry if these are stupid question but if I don't ask I'll never get to use this awesome Tool. thanks

There's an old saying, "There is no such thing as a stupid question." At least thats what my old teachers used to tell me. :)

You can save a state at any moment during the game, but obviously if you want the whole game's stats, then you'll want to make a save state anytime after the final whistle. You can do it at any point after the final whistle, and while the exit game screen is up.

However, once the game goes back to the Main Menu (where you can select teams, period length, etc.) everything will resest and the stats will be lost. One thing you can do is right after the whistle blows, just pause the game. That way you don't have to worry about rushing.

When you are ready to make a save state, click on File and then Quick Save. This will save the Save State in your Emulator's Main Directory. If you are using the GENs emulator it will have the extension .gs0 (i.e. gamesave.gs0).

I hope I helped to clear some things up. If I left anything out, hopefully someone can chime in and give a more detailed explanation, or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here.:)

DaDonch: Oh really? That's not what I've been told, well it's the same, but you left out one part :)

Remember, children, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Anyway.. Yeah that sounds about right, that he might have saved to late. I think I've seen this "Anaheim vs Anaheim" sometimes when I've been save game hacking. Other than that, check that you're using the correct rom.

While working on the NHLPA '93 Version's Webpages, I came across an error that would effect both the GENS and the SNES Versions as well.

It caused the program to not generate webpages for the Regular Season Player Stats. If you do not need/intend to use the webpages produced by the program on a server (the player stats files use PHP and need to be on a server in order to work), then do not worry about it.

But, if you ARE using the Player Stats webpages at all, please go back to my first post and re-download the program.

Thanks! :D

I like the sound of 93. Again, much appreciated.

No problem, 93 is almost done. I doubt I'm ever going to find the Crowd Meter (seems to be encoded somehow), so now I'm just looking for any bugs I might have overlooked.

• 3 weeks later...

this program was handed down from god I tell you! :)

Only thing I've found you could correct is PIM and Body Checks should be switched around in the all time records (just for the web page part). Other than that everything seems fine so far, I'll let you know if any future issues arise.

Once again, thank you for putting all your effort toward this.

this program was handed down from god I tell you! B)

Only thing I've found you could correct is PIM and Body Checks should be switched around in the all time records (just for the web page part). Other than that everything seems fine so far, I'll let you know if any future issues arise.

Once again, thank you for putting all your effort toward this.

Good call, thanks for the tip. :) I'll have it fixed for the next round of programs.

I'm glad you're enjoying the program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Can't tell you how excited I am by the prospect of an SNES version. It would complete me.

He has already done one.....not sure if it is still available for download or not.

• 2 weeks later...
How a great tool :) !! Thank you so much. But I've got a simple question : can this program take in account CPU's results (those showed in the "Other scores" menu) or is it just for online playing :D ?

it can not take cpu results like in the other scores.

but if you want to "simulate" games. just run a demo with the two teams you want and then increase the frame skip to the max and then create a save state when the game is over.

it takes maybe a minute to run through a CPU game at the fastest speed.

hope that helps.