NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Online - Fall 2007 League Info

Evan

Hey guys,

Below is the email that was sent out. I was only able to send it out to half the users so far, the other half will receive the email tomorrow night.

EMAIL:

Hey [username],

Hope all is well. Keep this email handy as it will contain your account information and important league info as well. I just wanted to give you your nhl94online.com account info again in case you misplaced it. I also wanted to give you all the Registration and Season dates for the Fall 2007.

First, your account information (this is different from nhl94.com’s forum):

Username: [insert]

Password: [insert] (you may change your password after registration)

AIM: [insert]

Email: [insert]

If you would like to change something, just reply to this email with the edits. If you would like to be removed from the league, simply reply to this email with “NHL94 ONLINE REMOVE” as the subject.

When registration begins and you would like to sign up, all you have to do is go to the registration page on nhl94online.com. Choose “Existing Online Player”, and enter your Username and Password. You won’t have to enter your team preference (unless you would like to change it) and most of the other information as well. We will be asking for a game count preference of 20 or 40 regular season games.

Now, the registration and league dates:

Registration Begins Saturday, August 11th at 12PM EST (noon).

Registration Ends Sunday, August 26th at 12AM EST (midnight).

Regular Season begins Monday, September 10th.

Regular Season ends Monday, November 19th.

Playoffs begins Saturday, December 1st.

Playoffs end Monday, January 28th.

Please feel free to familiarize yourself with the rules, which can be found here: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

-Evan

NHL94Online.com Administrator

http://nhl94online.com

Guest Wags13

So basically if I haven't played in this league until this year, I will have to register on the site after Aug 11 at 12pm EST correct? I have played in the GDL before.

So basically if I haven't played in this league until this year, I will have to register on the site after Aug 11 at 12pm EST correct? I have played in the GDL before.

The GDL is a different league, and therefore irrelevant

Wags,

As long as you have registered at some point (which you have), you won't have to fill in all the infomation again. When registration begins, you goto the registration page, select "existing user", login with the username/password that was emailed to you, and give us your console preference and any other "new" fields. You can also modify your existing info at this time, and that's it.

-Evan

Hey guys

My first post on here in months, and I'm glad to be back. Just reading some of the threads and debates on the forums for Halifax's currently active Nostalgia league is really giving me the hunger to play 94 online again. Thanks very much Evan for the e-mail.

I really hope to be able to play in the Fall 2007 League, but it just depends on my "controller situation".

The laptop I used to play league games on is now gone, and the controller I've always used doesn't plug into the laptop I'm using now. I have to look into whether or not it's possible to get some sort of adapter so that I could plug my controller into my current laptop.

Does anyone here with some computer savvy (I have practically none) know if this type of thing would be possible?

Anyhow I hope to be able to play against all of you guys again soon!

And whether or not I'm able to play, here's to a GREAT Fall 2007 season for all.

Hey guys

My first post on here in months, and I'm glad to be back. Just reading some of the threads and debates on the forums for Halifax's currently active Nostalgia league is really giving me the hunger to play 94 online again. Thanks very much Evan for the e-mail.

I really hope to be able to play in the Fall 2007 League, but it just depends on my "controller situation".

The laptop I used to play league games on is now gone, and the controller I've always used doesn't plug into the laptop I'm using now. I have to look into whether or not it's possible to get some sort of adapter so that I could plug my controller into my current laptop.

Does anyone here with some computer savvy (I have practically none) know if this type of thing would be possible?

Anyhow I hope to be able to play against all of you guys again soon!

And whether or not I'm able to play, here's to a GREAT Fall 2007 season for all.

deer buddy! good to hear from ya!

any adapter you need I guarantee you can find. what kind of port did your controller plug into?

Just a note on the registration:

The team preference will be something all users will have to fill in 1 last time (I know, you can kill me later). But, this registration isn't first come, first serve so no need to rush filling it out. Team Preference's are not currently in the database, and it would take an extremely long time for us to enter all of those in when guys will probably change them around anyway. If you would like your current team preference emailed or PMed, I will be more than happy to do so.

-Evan

Is there anywhere we can go to see this team preference list (for the un-lazy people to proactively look)? I dont recall every filling out a form or anything... if not, can you PM it to me?

Evan, for whatever reason I haven't been able to register over the past 2 days. There's a couple different error messages that pop up about not appropriate username or password. Could you help me out?

If I had to guess, you're probably using your forum password. The registration password is different than your forum password. There was an email sent out a couple weeks ago that should have the password. It's just random letters and numbers.

Guest Wags13
Evan, for whatever reason I haven't been able to register over the past 2 days. There's a couple different error messages that pop up about not appropriate username or password. Could you help me out?

hahaha enjoy watching us play this season chump! :bad_egg:

deer buddy! good to hear from ya!

any adapter you need I guarantee you can find. what kind of port did your controller plug into?

omg can u help me i want to play with my old colecovision controller 2=pass 8=shoot 6=hook can u help me?

If I had to guess, you're probably using your forum password. The registration password is different than your forum password. There was an email sent out a couple weeks ago that should have the password. It's just random letters and numbers.

Smoz, thanks for the help, you were correct. That was my bad, I knew that Evan sent out something and it just completely slipped my mind.

Wags, always supportive. Man, what are you going to do if I get JR again? Probably what you'll do with any team I get... lose. Just messin' with ya bro! :bad_egg:

Quick question - is it possible to re-enter team preference? I filled it out kinda quickly not knowing that there would be a random draft, I thought it was first come/first serve SO I picked some crappy teams for some of my early preferences, thinking that I would have more of a chance of getting in. If not, I'm not worried, just curious if it is possible to change them.

willsolo,

Welcome to the community. Yes, you can PM or email me (admin@nhl94.com) the desired team preference of your 20 teams and we will update that for you. Yea, no need to rush the registration since there's no prizes for signing up first (sorry addisonbr).

Send me that list and we'll update it!

Thanks,

-Evan

Yea, no need to rush the registration since there's no prizes for signing up first (sorry addisonbr).

So... The hit-refresh-every-three-seconds-until-the-registration-page-successfully-loads-so-you-can-get-Chicago-first-come-first-serve trick no longer works?

Looks like my one-year reign of "B League Regular Season Terror" is over. Children are now free to roam the countryside without fear.

Guest Wags13
I'm sure whatever the issue was will be solved, no worries.

Why do you feel the need to reply to everything I post here? I am actually quite good friends with EA and we talk sh*t on each other regularly in a playful way..this was another example of that. How about minding your own business, enjoy SNES lower standards play, and be happy.

Why do you feel the need to reply to everything I post here? I am actually quite good friends with EA and we talk sh*t on each other regularly in a playful way..this was another example of that. How about minding your own business, enjoy SNES lower standards play, and be happy.

And I'm supposed to know that? Don't post it in the public forum if it's not meant to be replied to. Take it to a PM.

Also, quit with the "SNES lower standards play" crap. We get it. You don't like SNES because you couldn't figure out how to make something as simple as zbattle work. We know. Please stop. It's seriously getting old.

Guest Wags13
And I'm supposed to know that? Don't post it in the public forum if it's not meant to be replied to. Take it to a PM.

Thats kinda what the quote above my comment was for- it was EA's quote, hence I was replying to his post. I know you know this, otherwise you are just too stupid to participate in any forum then. Sounds like a weak attempt at covering your a**.

To use your "logic", then I suppose everyone who reads this would consider this message for them right? :D

Thats kinda what the quote above my comment was for- it was EA's quote, hence I was replying to his post. I know you know this, otherwise you are just too stupid to participate in any forum then. Sounds like a weak attempt at covering your a**.

To use your "logic", then I suppose everyone who reads this would consider this message for them right? :D

I think Samuel L Jackson put it best... "b***h, be cool!"

pulp_fiction.jpg

post-448-1187297603_thumb.jpg

Also, quit with the "SNES lower standards play" crap. We get it.

Yeah, couldn't agree more with the bashing of SNES or GENS versions. One's not better or worse, they're just different. We're all in the same family on this site.

Now lets sing some Kumbayah and give each other some e-hugs.

To use your "logic", then I suppose everyone who reads this would consider this message for them right? :)

You were politely asked to stop by the admins. As was I. I suggest you do so. Thanks, and have a great day.

i was questioning playing but i decided to play. And Ottawa was my #1 pick since well i had better luck beating people with an awful team then being Quebec. sadly ;)

I played as ottawa in last years winter league (now called the nostalgia league). I managed to win 11 out of I think 40 games. Not too shabby. I think it really helped with my manual goalie and deking, because after playing as an awful team like that, then switching to a good team, things seemed easier.