NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 Record Keeper 3.0 - SNES Version

*** This is only compatible with the SNES VERSION of NHL '94 ***

The link below will let you download the .exe directly.

Double click on the .exe and follow the instructions.

When running the program for the first time, a window will pop up saying that certain files and folders are missing. This is normal, just click ok and the program will automatically create the files or folders in the appropriate place. (They are just files and folders that are coded into the .exe to save on program space and size.)

Once it is finished you will be the main menu will appear.

There is a READ ME.doc with simple instructions and pictures to help you out.

Hopefully, I have made the program and the instructions straight-forward enough. But, if there are any questions and feedback, do not hesitate to post them here, or by giving me PM.

Also, I have tried to find all the bugs and errors, but that does not mean I have found them all. If at any time the program crashes or you get an error message, please let me know ASAP and I will try to fix the error and put up a newer release.

Features:

- Game Stats Display (Extract stats from a save state and display them to the screen, then save them to Season or Coach's Stats)

- Exhibition Mode (just saves Coaches' Stats)

- Season Mode (saves Player, Team, and Coaches' Stats)

- Season Stats (Player, Team, Standings, League Leaders, Full Playoffs, All-Time Records)

- Coach Stats (Individual Stats for each Coach/User; similar to Team Stats) - used in both Season and Exhibition Games

- Webpage Generation (For a classic view of your season/coaches stats, or for running a league)

- Season Customization (play a full 82 game season (or 20, or 150))

I hope everyone can and does enjoy this. Even if you dont use it to its full functionality, hopefully people can get some use out of it.

NHL '94 Record Keeper 3.0 - SNES Version

• Like 1

DaDonche...a BIG thanks for doing this! I looked at it briefly and it looks awesome!

I'm gonna spend some time going through it over the next little while and I'll give you feedback in as much detail as I can.

Thanks again.

Very cool bud.

One more request. Could you make it compatible with nhlpa 93 genesis?

B) that is the next project.

its going to be a little more involved (changing offsets, rosters, teams, standings alignment) so it might take a couple of weeks... but I'm definitely going to release one, and then try to get started on the improvements for the next version.

DaDonche...a BIG thanks for doing this! I looked at it briefly and it looks awesome!

I'm gonna spend some time going through it over the next little while and I'll give you feedback in as much detail as I can.

Thanks again.

No problem bro, any feedback is welcome. I just wanted to spread the love to the SNES players out there too.

A big thanks to Xstioph and anyone else for finding the offsets and making this possible.

B) that is the next project.

its going to be a little more involved (changing offsets, rosters, teams, standings alignment) so it might take a couple of weeks... but I'm definitely going to release one, and then try to get started on the improvements for the next version.

Awesome to hear. I for one really appreciate the effort. Seems really cool. Only have used it briefly but I have big plans for it.

Oh! Awesome, DaDonch! Haven't tried it yet though. But I have close to 400 save states that I've used with my season tool (unreleased) so that'll put it to the test I guess. Quite excited to try it out.

edit: Certainly nice that you can import whole folders! Looks really cool. I thought the "PPG" might have a bug in it but realized it was Points Per Game, assumed it was Power Play Goals at first.. Heh. It seems to work really well. I'll have to play around with it more.

While working on the NHLPA '93 Version's Webpages, I came across an error that would effect both the SNES and the GENS Versions as well.

It caused the program to not generate webpages for the Regular Season Player Stats. If you do not need/intend to use the webpages produced by the program on a server (the player stats files use PHP and need to be on a server in order to work), then do not worry about it.

But, if you ARE using the Player Stats webpages at all, please go back to my first post and re-download the program.

Thanks! :D

• 8 months later...
I have an installer free version of it that I could upload if it's alright with DaDonch.

Sure, that's fine with me.

Sorry to all looking for the links. I am working off of a laptop now, so my "server" on my desktop isn't currently up.

I'll have to get them up on the site so people can get to them.

hmm.. vb (visual basic) runtime files? .NET? I'm on XP so can't tell if it's a Vista issue. If anyone else has problems with it please say so and I'll take it down and you'll have to wait for DaDonch to upload the installer version.

hmm.. vb (visual basic) runtime files? .NET? I'm on XP so can't tell if it's a Vista issue. If anyone else has problems with it please say so and I'll take it down and you'll have to wait for DaDonch to upload the installer version.

It says....

Run-Time error '339'

Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly

press ok

everything closes.

i think its vista cause in the instructions it says this is supposed to happen and everything is supposed to run fine.

Hmm.. The Record Keeper only works with the default rom (correct me if I'm wrong), and the "Spring 2006" should be the default rom if I recall correctly, so that should work.

The only things I can think of are to get/update:

Visual Basic runtime files

.NET (or even .NET 2.0)

Although it didn't say anywhere in his readme about it requiring any VB runtime files.. So I don't really know.

dangler: you can launch the program file but that error occurs when you load a save state or what, while shaftman can't even launch it, is that correct?

i can launch it. but i cant use half the features...maybe im using it wrong? i have no idea.

i dont have zsnes running or a rom loaded. i just click the feature in the menu to take a look at it...and error occurs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Great work DaDonch44!!!!

Does anybody on this forum use this record keeper all the time?

Who?

I downloaded the record keeper.

I put it in my folder that have my NHL'94 roms and the ZSNES.

So then I clicked on ZSNES and opened up a SNES NHL'94 rom game and played 1 and a half games. I then exited out.

I checked the record keeper.

There are no stats in my recorded keeper.

How do I save my stats to the record keeper?

Great work DaDonch44!!!!

Does anybody on this forum use this record keeper all the time?

Who?

I downloaded the record keeper.

I put it in my folder that have my NHL'94 roms and the ZSNES.

So then I clicked on ZSNES and opened up a SNES NHL'94 rom game and played 1 and a half games. I then exited out.

I checked the record keeper.

There are no stats in my recorded keeper.

How do I save my stats to the record keeper?

It's been a while since I used the record keeper but if I remember correctly...you have to save state after the game is over...and then open that game in the record keeper.

Also of note...I believe it only works for the original rom...it does not work correctly for edited roms.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone still have the record keeper? The link in the original post doesn't seem to be working anymore...

I do. I can give it to you.

Catch me on AIM (although im leaving for work now so try later tonight)

• 3 weeks later...