NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 Record Keeper 3.0 - SNES Version

I like it too. I wonder if it's possible to make it web based. So we can upload a save state on a php page and insert to a mysql database. Would be awesome. Then I could make a league website with all kind of stats.

• 2 weeks later...
newbie here, the snes record keeper intrigued me but none of the links are working. Would someone mind reposting a working link? Thanks in advance!

welcome to the site bud.....dadonch44 re-posted the record keeper later in this thread...look for his post and download.

One more question: I installed the program fine but when I choose "select game" it gives me an error message: "Runtime error 76". I have Vista and was wondering if this was common and what the solution might be...

One more question: I installed the program fine but when I choose "select game" it gives me an error message: "Runtime error 76". I have Vista and was wondering if this was common and what the solution might be...

To get it to work....you save state from your game and open that saved state in the record keeper....that's how it record stats. (in case you weren't doing it correctly).

Having said that, I'm not sure if it works with vista...I assume it should....I got to work with XP though.

To get it to work....you save state from your game and open that saved state in the record keeper....that's how it record stats. (in case you weren't doing it correctly).

Having said that, I'm not sure if it works with vista...I assume it should....I got to work with XP though.

did anyone get it to work in windows 7? that would be my idea... cause windows 7 was my idea haha

Well, I can get the stats to load initially (using Vista) when I load the save state but when I click "Import Game" it gives me the "runtime 76 error". I'm thinking Vista is the problem but I'm not good enough at computers to know for sure. There may be an easy fix but who knows...I don't know about Windows 7 either..

I told my buddy about SNES record keeper so he downloaded it. He has Windows 7 and he also keeps getting the "runtime 76 error" when importing a game. Anyone have a solution to getting it to work on Windows 7?

I told my buddy about SNES record keeper so he downloaded it. He has Windows 7 and he also keeps getting the "runtime 76 error" when importing a game. Anyone have a solution to getting it to work on Windows 7?

yea, same thing for me when trying to import game. I can view stats though.

• 2 weeks later...

For small edits (like those of players I "Traded") the save states will still work, it'll just mark the stats on the original player, unless you change that player's name in the .txt file that corresponds with that team.

I'm playing an 80-game regular season (with MS Excel tracking standings, and the Stat-Keeper just keeping my Quebec team stats). Midway through, I "traded" Owen Nolan to New Jersey for Valeri Zelepukin (Just by putting those players stats in the other player's slot with the NHL94 editor). I put Zelepukin's ratings and name over Tony Twist (please forgive me, Twister!) and moved Tony Twist's ratings to Owen Nolan's, keeping Nolan's name in place. Then, I went to the .txt roster file in the Quebec folder and changed "Tony Twist" to "Valeri Zelepukin", also changing the number and overall rating to match Zele.

When I import stats into the StatKeeper, it shows Owen Nolan's stats through the first half of the season, and show's Zelepukin's since the trade. Without altering the roster, it would just say those numbers by Tony Twist's name.

Hope that long-winded explanation helps! Love all the work and ideas you people are sharing! Great Web site!

• 10 months later...

Yea, same thing. I'm trying to get stats imported, but I'm just getting the runtime error '76'. Did anybody figure yet a solution to the problem? I would love this app so much. I'm having a tournament in two weeks, and this app could make it so much more interesting. :)

I got the un-touched nhl94.smc from the editing area and played a game with that. Using Zsnes, that produces .zs1...9 -savestate-files. Record keeper seems to want .gs files? Still it takes a game state and I can see the stats. Just the import button kills the app.

I have Windows 7 pro 32bit. I have tried compatibility modes, running as admin and what ever...

Does anybody have any idea? Would appreciate. :)

PS. Thanks Norway, humiliating swedes is always good. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the SNES Record Keeper is AWESOME there are many flaws. I can't get ahold of DaDonch44 to get these corrected. I actually have a website that uses this and would somehow like to get the issues fixed. Anyone know where he is?

Edited by rc69fab

• 12 years later...