NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 Online Leagues

I know that our Finnish friends have their own leagues, and I've come across one or two from time to time on Google (though usually it's a page for a league that went defunct several months earlier.) Anyone know of any other active online leagues, past or present?

When this whole NHL 94 thing started, I knew a guy called deadmeow who had an online league which most of us here played on for a very short time. It eventually got disbanded as it's hard to start one of those things up. I think that deadmeow still runs a few online leagues, his site is in the links section off the main page.

Maybe we could have an online league based either off nhl94.com or this forum. I'm a pretty busy person, but maybe I could just set it up for others to use or something.

Ive created an nhl 94 league there'll be 2 cups within league too! 1 for the top 4 placed teams and 1 for all the teams in league everyone gets a crack at glory! we'll be playing it thru zbattle get that at http://www.zbattle.net/ this lets u play snes online with people it finds you people too :) and my site for leage is http://nhl94league.proboards44.com/ ive just finished that forum last nite as old one got wiped due to pro-boards closing. lll be getting more members when they sign on in aim etc so huury limited spaces only! register even if u dont want on the league :lol:

I'd love to join these leagues, what do we need to join, is there a software?

soccer1

Ive created an nhl 94 league there'll be 2 cups within league too! 1 for the  top 4 placed teams and 1 for all the teams in league everyone gets a crack at glory! we'll be playing it thru zbattle get that at http://www.zbattle.net/  this lets u play snes online with people it finds you people too :) and my site for leage is  http://nhl94league.proboards44.com/ ive just finished that forum last nite as old one got wiped due to pro-boards closing.  lll be getting more members when they sign on in aim etc so huury limited spaces only! register even if u dont want on the league :lol:

You download zbattle its a small file thats like a little window with lotsa game rooms in it specificly for super nintendo. You just join a room and the host clicks start and game loads up! Its like kailera only better coz lotsa snes only players and no lag! or slowdown. You need the zsnes emulator too to run the game. You set path to this thru zbattle by doing file/options/pathtozsnes its realy easy ! hit me up on aim and ill walk ya through it im fenty62. all in all youl need 3mb worth of file including game so very small.

Nhl on Super nintendo are u kidding me come on guys that game needs to put into retirement pls stop wasting your time on that piece of garbage ........wow just tried it again and unless u have the system and forced to play the game then u need your head check

Kgman .....AKA greastest ever NHl 94 .......I will pay anyone who can beat me in nhl 94 7 game series on sega 50 dollars on their first try

Kgman .....AKA greastest ever NHl 94 .......I will pay anyone who can beat me in nhl 94 7 game series on sega 50 dollars on their first try

Does this include online games? You're on!

We can even play it on american server where you can get it working great, or if you really want, in your own server where you will have zero latency so it's like playing the game offline. Just tell me when and where, or better yet come to ircNet at channel #NHL94 using somekind of a IRC software like mIRC (www.mirc.com) .

You can even select the teams, so I wouldn't get to play with any good one :lol:

It's totally your conditions but for the 50 bucks I'm up for the challenge!

(and when you lose I wont brag about it in here)

I am in university right now and broke, is there an online league that we can play for a minimal or zero entry fee, for braggining rights? I am very interested in joining an online league, and I think wopap would too. If there is any info please post it, or send me a message.

thanks soccer1

Does this include online games? You're on!

We can even play it on american server where you can get it working great, or if you really want, in your own server where you will have zero latency so it's like playing the game offline. Just tell me when and where, or better yet come to ircNet at channel #NHL94 using somekind of a IRC software like mIRC (www.mirc.com) .

You can even select the teams, so I wouldn't get to play with any good one  :lol:

It's totally your conditions but for the 50 bucks I'm up for the challenge!

(and when you lose I wont brag about it in here)

Oh, how is the online playability different from the sega genesis? is it faster, slower, better, worse?

I am in university right now and broke, is there an online league that we can play for a minimal or zero entry fee, for braggining rights?  I am very interested in joining an online league, and I think wopap would too.  If there is any info please post it, or send me a message.

thanks soccer1

• 2 weeks later...

How many people on this forum play or want to play the Gens (Sega Genesis) version of NHL94 online against others on the forum?

I can probably set something up on the site.

-Evan

:)

How many people on this forum play or want to play the Gens (Sega Genesis) version of NHL94 online against others on the forum?

I can probably set something up on the site.

-Evan

:)

I'd be interested. I've been playing with the Fins, but it'd be nice to play with ping under 140 from time to time.

Yeah I'd like to get a league going with some members here. I know a lot of the old boys. I just have to free up some time to commit. Always my downfall - time.

Does everyone use Gens with the Kaillera client to play the Genesis version?

I played a test game last night with a friend in Detroit using my computer as the server. The guy in Detroit was pinging at about 54, which isn't bad at all. At the very least we should play some exhibition games with each other just for fun.

I want to have a permanent server for NHL94.com, just need a place to run the kaillera server. Anyone have suggestions where to have the server hosted? Once I get a permanent server for the community, then we can start having leagues here.

I know we can use other kaillera servers out there, but I'd like to host it myself so I can reset the kaillera server when I like, change parameters, just generally control the server so there's little to no problems.

-Evan

An online league would be cool, I think the best way to do it would be some kinda browser supported NHL 94 game. People could log on and see when and if they had to play a game. I'd keep the number of games small or set up some kind of playoff thing.

• 2 weeks later...

if a few people would join my great leage at http://nhl94league.proboards44.com/ i could clear out the players who arnt playing and get some regular players in for regular play. I also need staff too! I need match co-ordinators/officials etc. The setup on the sites great too i pasted in trophys to the hall of fame etc, drew up league tables & fixtures/results tables. the top four in the league go into the prestige cup and all league teams go into the league cup everyone gets a chance at glory!!! And the snes version is way bertter than genesis. :(

Im also thinking of adding a cup for good sportsmanship :lol:

I have found a formula that I have found to be true with leagues. The best chance of success is to either have a Large number of owners/teams with a short schedule, or small number of owners/teams with a larger schedule.

After a small, but sucessful 2004 NHL'94 season, there will be a 2005 season. In 2002 we had a mammoth league, which did a mammoth crash. Currently I am revamping the Classic Genesis Sports site which has just recently moved to Madden91.com

Madden91 and & NHL'94 are games which have no equal. I can't even play more than one game of NHL 2K'5 on Xbox live at a tiem, when NHL'94 over the PC is sooo much better.

NHL'92 is also going to return this year as well.

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

So my hosting company can't do a kaillera server. So, lets get some ideas going here for a league. The main items to iron out are what server(s) do we use, and what the rules would be. We can use different servers at different times (home and away games can be servers with better ping for the home team or something).

All of the standings, info, etc will be taken care of through nhl94online.com (which will be where the leagues reside.)

Throw out the ideas and chime in if you wanna play online too! I will start by saying the leauges would be played on the Genesis version, and using either Gens or Gens+.

-Evan

Just my .02-

I think the games should have:

10 minute periods

Full penalties including off-sides

Manual Goalie

and Line Changes ON

Anyone who is going to bragg about their '94 should be able to handle this I would think.

Can't wait to join a league!

5 minute periods are better. The games don't take as long and there's less chance of a desync.

My correctness is surpassed only by my eloquence.

Yes 5 minute periods is probably best and manual goalie can be up to the player. Doesn't matter to me whether someone wants to use it or not.

btw... Tickenest and I played a couple games of 94 online... first game my goalie disappears for a couple minutes... what other game does that??? I love it!

Does anyone on this forum currently have nhl94 genesis version leagues going on right now?

In our 2002 online league, we had two conferences, a 10 minute conference, and a 5 minute period conference. In reality 5 minute periods works better. The simpler the league, the better the chance of successful completing it.

The 2002 league fell apart, mainly because it had too many people who didn't care. It only takes one or two laggers who don't play their games to make everyone lose motivation. So what started out as a big league, dwindled down to probably to less than half the size at the end. In the end the 2002 season had to be canceled, but the league did return last year, and we successfuly completed a season.

Currently I formulating plans for the 2005 NHL'94 season. I am also considering leagues in some of the other NHL titles as well, besides NHL'92 and NHL'94.

Ok SNES NHL 94 players!! Its show time!!!!!!!!

http://liguenhl94.topcities.com

This is my new web site, for a new league. NHL94 THE LEAGUE

Its a French and English league so everybody can join!

But be fast places are limited!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the site web to see the details!!!