NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 Online Leagues

I actually was up to KGman's challenge, on first try our games went

like this

win for KGman (mtl-van original bin; no rules)

win for me (cgy-mtl nhl2005a.bin; no rules)

win for KGman (buf-mtl original bin; no rules)

win for KGman (nyi-mtl original bin; no rules)

win for me (chi-mtl original bin; no rules)

so 4-3 for me

but it could've gone either way, on game 7 it got first desync and KGman lead

that game, so all respect for him, and he played with 105ping against my 65ping

so -40 ping for my benefit ... and I've lost every game when playing on U.S soil

at 45-120 ping, ~80 ... GG's against Tick too

GG's KGman

ps. no need on that 50$ for that game 7 incident, could've gone either way :angry:

and it's just a matter of perspective.

ps2. KG, get ready for a new challenge, let's try to find a decent server with

equal ping difference on the opposite ways too and we can play your home games

on U.S soil and my on Europe

I'll go over the kgman-Tick matches as well.

We played the first one a few weeks ago, original ROM, no offsides, I believe no line changes, and he beat me 5-0.

We played two more a couple of nights ago, AHL 2005 ROM, offsides, line changes, I beat him 10-5.

We played a second game that night, same rules, and he won 6-5.

I'll go over the kgman-Tick matches as well.

We played the first one a few weeks ago, original ROM, no offsides, I believe no line changes, and he beat me 5-0.

We played two more a couple of nights ago, AHL 2005 ROM, offsides, line changes, I beat him 10-5.

We played a second game that night, same rules, and he won 6-5.

Well Yes I have been on virtual euro trip and havnt been able post recently for all my followers i know this must hurt. Ive been introduced to online nhl94 and i can say its very addicting ....the only thing is the ping disadv so iam undefeated on US soil except one game to tick.....i avenged that loss though telling him if he beat me in the next game i would write all about it in my weekly editorial ...thankfully that never happened i beat 6-5 with kip miller scoring 6 goals! with 3 lines thats impressive performnce ....so what have i learned ........ive seen the b button deke woulndnt recommend it too beginners and personally wouldnt use it but a deadly weapon ....ive seen some great goaltending by depch and wayler .....but all in all im still the greatest (lol) .........so what i recommend is online league for North america it doesnt really seem that hard to do but we need players so if anyone wants and thinks the could withstand the kgman invatational ....their will a touney comming soon and for u euro players NO OFFISIDES!!!!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but could anyone direct me to whatever genesis emulator allows for online play of NHL 94?  I'd love to get involved in a league for this, the best consol game of all time (in my mind).

http://www.google.com and word gens

open the official homepage of gens and on downloads take the version 2.11

that's the latest official version I guess

• 4 weeks later...

So getting back to the online league, deadmeow and I are probably gonna team up for a Gens '94 league in the future.

Though as Tickenest informed me, the Kaillera server/website has been down for a whlie. Does anyone have a way to contact them to see whats going on?

-Evan

Though as Tickenest informed me, the Kaillera server/website has been down for a whlie.  Does anyone have a way to contact them to see whats going on?

There is another project aimed to replace (while still remaining compatible with) Kaillera called EmuLinker which is programmed in Java to be platform independant.

Its a replacement server offering more security and other bug fixes, and is still compatible with the Kaillera Client DLLs that are distributed with supporting emulators like GENS.

That is very interesting. I just checked out the website.

As for kaillera, the master server has been down, but there are still many servers up. If you have used kaillera lately, just go to your recent server list, and you should be able to connect to many of the previous servers.

I have been toying around with the idea of having seperate Genesis & SNES NHL'94 leagues, with the 2 winners playing for the overall NHL'94 title. As fun as SNES NHL'94 is, nothing beats the Genesis version.

I have been toying around with the idea of having seperate Genesis & SNES NHL'94 leagues, with the 2 winners playing for the overall NHL'94 title.  As fun as SNES NHL'94 is, nothing beats the Genesis version.

Hi there!

New member here. I grew up on Genesis 94, and would love to play with you guys, especially in leagues.

Looking forward to it,

Makewayhomer

• 4 weeks later...

I also am looking to play in a league or in individual games online with genesus and kailera. If interested send an e-mail to wallywojo@yahoo.com.

Looking to play full rules and line changes.

Hey Everyone,

We are now accepting registration for the Fall 2005 online league for both Genesis and SNES players. This is the website where it's happening: NHL94 Online.com

There will be at least 1 SNES and 1 Genesis conference, possibly 2 Genesis conferences depending how many people sign up. Players may have the option to coach 2 teams. Don't worry about the current conference setup on the nhl94online.com website. That will be adjusted according to our registration results.

This league is being run by myself (Evan) and Jeff (deadmeow) of nhl92.com. We will be using his forum to post the scores, so make sure you register here if you're planning on signing up.

There's probably things I've left out on the nhl94online.com website, so if there's any questions feel free to ask me.

Thanks and hope to see you guys in the games,

-Evan

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to mention that our nhl94online.com/nhl92.com league is going well so far. Most of the coaches have played some games, and for the most part it's going smoothly.

nhl94online.com

http://nhl92.com/nhl94home.htm

-Evan

I just wanted to mention that our nhl94online.com/nhl92.com league is going well so far. Most of the coaches have played some games, and for the most part it's going smoothly.

Damn, I wish I stumbled on to this site 2 weeks ago.

Any chance of me filling in for someone who has dropped the ball?

I played my first game tonight with someone from the IRC group. Lost 6-2, but had fun.

What controllers do you use? I used a sidewinder. Me no likey.

aqua

What controllers do you use? I used a sidewinder. Me no likey.

I have the same pad, the Microsoft Sidewinder and it sucks hehe. I should eventually get something else. Hopefully I can find a converter to make the genesis pad connect to my pc.

Any chance of me filling in for someone who has dropped the ball?

As far as the online league, don't worry there will be more leagues once this one is finished. There's at least 2 people that want to be in (and have said they would take over a team if someone else drops out).

We'll let you know if that happens, but at the very least wait until the next season and play exhibition games in the meantime. You can always play me if I'm around.. my AIM and Yahoo names are: goldparalax.

-Evan

• 8 years later...

Just bumping this thread up, was hilarious to read and look back almost 10 years. This was one of the first times the Finnish community started to mengle with NA one. Remember Tickenest somehow popping up on our IRC channel first. :) There was no peer to peer internet connection then so people had to play on server-client mode.

Who knows, maybe there still are some small active communities who just are not aware that there is a bigger lot playing this game too relatively organised. :)

I have been toying around with the idea of having seperate Genesis & SNES NHL'94 leagues, with the 2 winners playing for the overall NHL'94 title. As fun as SNES NHL'94 is, nothing beats the Genesis version.

speakin like a true prodigy

speakin like a true prodigy

Winners of the GENS/SNES Classic leagues should square off in a best of 7 where home ice is their preferred console, for true 94 glory.

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this thread up, was hilarious to read and look back almost 10 years. This was one of the first times the Finnish community started to mengle with NA one. Remember Tickenest somehow popping up on our IRC channel first. :) There was no peer to peer internet connection then so people had to play on server-client mode.

Who knows, maybe there still are some small active communities who just are not aware that there is a bigger lot playing this game too relatively organised. :)

You know, if you think about it, it's a really good thing that I found your channel before kgman did. Otherwise, you guys might have been turned off from playing against North American players forever. I'm pretty sure I did some Googling and found your old nhlgamer.com website. Since I knew how to use IRC, I was good to go from there and change the face of NHL '94 online forever.

You know, if you think about it, it's a really good thing that I found your channel before kgman did. Otherwise, you guys might have been turned off from playing against North American players forever. I'm pretty sure I did some Googling and found your old nhlgamer.com website. Since I knew how to use IRC, I was good to go from there and change the face of NHL '94 online forever.

Just quite the contrary! Was excited to play against both, but perhaps your arrival smoothened things a bit. Challenge is always welcome. Who wants to play inside the bubble when the whole world awaits to be conquered!

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit. Are there still Finland-only leagues running these days, and if so, on what site(s)?

No, in my mind the community made a big mistake splitting it up and creating an elite league for better competition. This split out killing out rest of the community eventually and new blood running in stopped. It's only a random cup every once in a while now and sometimes troubles filling that out. Retro is a bit hot nowadays so reviving it would just require some work and proper marketing with sites and so on, but it would be better to fill in everyone from all countries under one site, like if people don't wanna play international and prefer low ping national leagues then why not, it could be done under the same site like nhlgamer was. :)