NHL'94 Forums

GENS players schedule/confirm a test game here

halifax

Burachan,

My AIM screen name is: goldparalax. I should be around most of the day so feel free to contact me when you are around. I don't think anyone is trying to avoid you, probably just some bad timing. Lets play that test game!

-Evan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm surprised other people are finding it so easy to get confirmed. In the past few days I've posted on this thread as well as the other one asking for a test game and have received no response. I have also emailed 20 veterans asking for a test game and have either received no response or have been stood up. Extremely disappointing.

I can understand your disappointment. One thing that might help - this community relies on AIM for point-to-point communications much more than email or PMs, for the primary reason that if someone sees your IM they are far more likely to (a) be online at the same time as you, and (B ) be in a position to play a game. I for example have an IM reserved specifically for NHL94 availability (addisonbrNHL94) so if you see me logged on I can probably play. There's no telling when I'll get your email or PM though, or when I'll see your post.

So my advice is to go here:

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online_pla...php?lgtype=gens

And add the usernames to your AIM buddy list. Any of the guys with a controller icon is a veteran of past leagues and can easily confirm you. If you see someone online, just send a polite message asking to set up a game and if you don't get a match straightaway you will almost assuredly be able to set something up for the near future.

It'll happen. Good luck.

Oh alright, I guess I didn't know how things worked around here. Here in Canada (or at least on the west coast) the predominant IM is MSN so I only created the AIM account for this league and so am never online. I'll take your advice and add all the veterans to my list and just see who's online. Should be online sometime this evening, whenever I can find time. Thanks!

Oh alright, I guess I didn't know how things worked around here. Here in Canada (or at least on the west coast) the predominant IM is MSN so I only created the AIM account for this league and so am never online. I'll take your advice and add all the veterans to my list and just see who's online. Should be online sometime this evening, whenever I can find time. Thanks!

It threw me off a bit when I first signed up having to get an aim account. However, since then, I've found it better to have an aim account for the sole purpose of contacting guys to play nhl94 and keeping my msn messenger for everything else.

i had two good games with burachan12345. His ping is a little high on east coast servers, but he's just fine on central or west coast servers. Had a nice laid back chat about stick and puck for a few minutes. A real gentleman with some real potential.

Guest nhlpokemon

Hi, I am having some security issues but to get a game in I can play through the kega emulator.

My msn name is pikarichu@hotmail.com.

I can use messenger for now and will have aim going within 2 days.

IceStorm70 is confirmed, and LEGENDOFNHL94 had a good connection as well. Goodluck guys!

-Evan

I would also like to schedule a test game. Contact me whenever you can.

AIM:ThKinCrms

I played CrimsonKing and the connection was good as was the game. But he and I live really close by and he had some connection issues earlier in the evening. Can someone else play him to confirm him? Thanks.

I played Dexture. Beat him 2-0 as Ottawa over Tampa Bay haha. Oh the talent on the ice in that game. He was having a lot of connection issues as well as some other little things that prevented us from getting a game going for awhile but once the game got going there was very little lag. Could someone else please play him just to make sure that his problems early on are now all set?

Shifty (BigCheifJay 1016) and I played a test game, he's good to go! This guy will be replacing the current Hartford Gens-C coach since he can't play his games.

-Evan