NHL'94 Forums

Ringtones for NHL94

Today i was riding in my car thinking about the organ music from NHL 94 and i just happend to look down at my phone and i realized i had a record sound function. So with a little creativity i have recorded the San Jose music when a goal is scored and set it as a ring tone, now thats what im talking about when i hear my phone ring from now on.

Very nice work. I was less industrious. I just pulled the NHL94 theme midi off of the multimedia page here:

http://nhl94.com/html/multimedia/downloads.asp

(The link to the theme itself is http://nhl94.com/multimedia/music/NHL94-Theme-Song-Midi.zip)

Then I set my phone so that known callers get the NHL94 treatment; unknown callers get the default ringtone. It's not as clever as using the San Jose goal music, but I'm happy with the result.

Today i was riding in my car thinking about the organ music from NHL 94 and i just happend to look down at my phone and i realized i had a record sound function. So with a little creativity i have recorded the San Jose music when a goal is scored and set it as a ring tone, now thats what im talking about when i hear my phone ring from now on.

That's a sweet idea man! You should record a bunch of songs so you can make different ringtones for each of your contacts :D

• 5 months later...

im not sure of any place they can be downloaded or something like that, but i improvised and created my own by using the record function on my cell phone, i have various different organ songs now thanks to that feature.

i did that with my old phone.. but i don't have that function on my blackberry ... you think for a f**king amazing phone that does pretty much everything... u can't even record sounds ... brutal!!!

My phone can handle .mp3 ringtones, so I simply downloaded the theme music from here:

http://nhl94.com/html/multimedia/downloads.asp

(Page down to "General NHL94 Music Tracks")

And threw it onto my phone. Known callers get the NHL94 theme. Unknown callers or people with their numbers blocked get something retarded-sounding.

If your phone can't handle .mp3s, you can surely find a utility that lets you convert .mp3s into .midi files.

I ripped all of the organ tunes, SFX, and intros for '94 some time ago. If anyone wants them let me know and I'll give them to Evan so he can host them on his downloads page.

Do you mean the Genesis/Mega Drive rips, or Sega CD? If it's the former, I would really love to have them available for download.

• 12 years later...

Here are a handful of ringtones I made for the iPhone.  Just started playing it online, played it back in the 90's and loved it!   Not smart enough yet to do the coding and programming that some of the tech guys on this site have done, so I used a good ringtone app.  Hope it works for someone!

NHL 94 - Ringtones.jpeg

NHL 94-iPhone Ringtones-sh4rk9.zip