NHL'94 Forums

The vets...

Guest Wags13

Guest Wags13

Okay lets all be honest about our games here and also be honest about our veteran playing competitors in this thread..

Me? I am honestly middle of the pack amongst the vets. You will find me most likely this year around .500 in the leagues I'll join..and most people when we play a 3-4 game series at night I'll split with. The only league where i joined from the start I finished a game or two below .500...

EA, gr8199, angryjay, carse, are 4 players that come to mind that I don't believe I have EVER beaten, exhibition or otherwise. They are the tops of the game in my eyes. The day I start to go .500 vs. them is when I think I have reached my apex.

Feel free to add your thoughts and experiences playing online against the vets.

Angryjay is, in my eyes, at the very least in the top 3 of best overall NHL 94 players. He dominates in GENS, and look at how he's doing in SNES. He's taking a team that looked like they were done for and is bringing them back into the playoff picture. He's on a 18 game winning streak.

As for myself, I think I run somewhere between the top and middle of the vets. I'm good, but the day I can bring down Jay or EA 2 out of 4 will be a huge accomplishment for me.

Okay lets all be honest about our games here and also be honest about our veteran playing competitors in this thread..

Me? I am honestly middle of the pack amongst the vets. You will find me most likely this year around .500 in the leagues I'll join..and most people when we play a 3-4 game series at night I'll split with. The only league where i joined from the start I finished a game or two below .500...

EA, gr8199, angryjay, carse, are 4 players that come to mind that I don't believe I have EVER beaten, exhibition or otherwise. They are the tops of the game in my eyes. The day I start to go .500 vs. them is when I think I have reached my apex.

Feel free to add your thoughts and experiences playing online against the vets.

I'm probably middle of the road myself. I dominated with Chicago in B League play last year, but was probably a .300 team with Edmonton in A League play. Angryjay and EA handle me the most consistently. VocallyCaged, with Winnipeg, is a coach I have never beaten (and the losses were among the most decisive of my career), but I've never played him outside of Winnipeg vs. Edmonton so I don't know how he is with other teams. I've never played Carse or kgman, but I've seen what they've done in league play with inarguably below-average teams and would be willing to vote for them "sight unseen".

I've only played JotaC a few times(I didn't win any)....He's not only won both SNES classic leagues but he did it with Edmonton and St.Louis.

And then there's the CDT "Caper Death Trio"(HBO special coming in the fall) consisting of The Deer, Rudy, 94kid. I haven't beat rudy or 94kid and I think I won once against the deer.

I have beaten Vocally Caged and thegr81 in draft league play, and have held my own against the likes of angryjay and Jamonica. Doesn't mean that I'm any good though, as my 22-107 record will attest to :D

Guest Wags13
haha thanks wags, but i mean im not considered an "Elite" player in HAB's eyes.. dispite knockin him out of the playoffs in my first season where he was looking to defend his cup :D

LOL I get it, and I concur- I looked at that league roster and saw half a dozen teams I beat regularly too.. oh well.

I've only played against Fenty (well one game against Fat something) and I recall the games being pretty even, at that time I had barely played against friends. I probably won 30-40% of the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, Fenty. Considering Fenty was the runner up in one of the tournaments/seasons or what you call it, and the fact that I have played a couple of hundred games against a friend of mine since then, I'd say I "should" have a good chance of beating some people... But who knows, I might not stand a chance. Not really sure why I haven't played online more, I guess I just don't think it's as fun as playing someone IRL. I rather play first person shooters when it comes to online playing. Well I'm sorry that I couldn't contribute on saying who I think is the best as I've only had two opponents online (and sorry for over using "I" haha).

That's pretty nice to be recognized as an elite player on this site, especially being surrounded by a highly skilled, great community of players. Wags, keep it up and you'll be playing .500 hockey against us in no time.

All mentioned by Wags are amazing players. AngryJay is a tough competitor who's great to adapting to the different styles of his opponents. I'm really amazed by his successful transition into SNES in such a short period of time. KGman is another who deserves a place on any top nhl 94 player list.

But one guy I just cannot get a grip on is Chicago's very own, backhandfloater. BHF is one of the most consistent and dangerous players around. He's been on a little bit of a hiatus but I hope to see him back in the mix soon. If you ever see him online and are looking for a challenge, I definitely suggest trying to get a game with him.