NHL'94 Forums

Controller Pad Adjustment

IceStorm70

Hello,

I'm new to online gaming specifically NHL94. I purchased a Logitech-Chillstream (love the fan option in tight games). When I set up my controller for NHL94 it did NOT recognize the directional pad for L-R-U-D. I had to set it up using the left joystick. So naturally being an old-schooler I'm not too adept at using the joystick particularly for SEGA NHL94.

Anyone know how I can set it up so I can use the directional?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

Hello,

I'm new to online gaming specifically NHL94. I purchased a Logitech-Chillstream (love the fan option in tight games). When I set up my controller for NHL94 it did NOT recognize the directional pad for L-R-U-D. I had to set it up using the left joystick. So naturally being an old-schooler I'm not too adept at using the joystick particularly for SEGA NHL94.

Anyone know how I can set it up so I can use the directional?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

I had a similar problem with my Logitech P880, but I found a fix:

There is a "Digital" button on mine -- if I hit it once so it lights up, then the D-pad works instead of the analog stick. Hopefully something similar can be done on your controller.

there should be a Mode button, that switches from Analog to D-pad

no such button on my stick unfortunately. may try to buy a used oldsega pad and usb converter

no such button on my stick unfortunately. may try to buy a used oldsega pad and usb converter

You can buy new 6-button replicas off ebay. 2 for US$8. I just ordered some more yesterday. Also, retrousb.com for the usb adapter cord (approx $25) but someone said they may not be selling the Gens adapter cords anymore. Worth taking a look though. Good luck.

IceStorm70: Check out "ControlMK" at http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

"Allows using a game controller for Mouse/Keyboard emulation".

I'm guessing that it's a more advanced version of JoyToKey which I've used a lot during the years. I haven't used ControlMX yet but I don't think JoyToKey support analog controllers (at least not to great extent) that's why I'm suggesting this.

Hope it'll work out for ya!

IceStorm70: Check out "ControlMK" at http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

"Allows using a game controller for Mouse/Keyboard emulation".

I'm guessing that it's a more advanced version of JoyToKey which I've used a lot during the years. I haven't used ControlMX yet but I don't think JoyToKey support analog controllers (at least not to great extent) that's why I'm suggesting this.

Hope it'll work out for ya!

Thanks for the heads up everyone.