Joypad

What type of joypad do you use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Joypad?

• Sega Genesis w/ usb
    • Logitech or other pc gamepad
    • none- KEYBOARD

I was wondering what types of joypads people used

Im also curious where i can get a usb adapter and a sega controller, or a usb sega genesis controller

You seriously need to tone down that signature.

I have a Logitech P880. Cheap, but works fine. ~30$ Canadian. Only downside is that it only has 1 shoulder/trigger button on each side.

I use a Sega control pad with a USB at the end. I have no idea where it came from though, There used to be a site where you could buy this adapter that turned an old Sega control pad into a USB device, but the online store that made them stopped doing that for the Genesis. I believe that they still do it for NES and SNES. I wish I could remember what site it was.

Wow that was really not helpful. Sorry...perhaps someone on this else knows what I am talking about. I seem to have misplaced my marbles.... :amazing:

I use a Sega control pad with a USB at the end. I have no idea where it came from though, There used to be a site where you could buy this adapter that turned an old Sega control pad into a USB device, but the online store that made them stopped doing that for the Genesis. I believe that they still do it for NES and SNES. I wish I could remember what site it was.

Wow that was really not helpful. Sorry...perhaps someone on this else knows what I am talking about. I seem to have misplaced my marbles.... :amazing:

Yep, retrousb.com. That's where I got mine.

I'm using a ps1 dual shock controller with an adapter (lol I should try playing this game with a dance pad one time), I have also used my wired xbox 360 controller, which worked better for me, but then I had an error with not being able to turn right quite often in the game.

I just bought a couple brand new Gens pads replicas. On ebay, look up Sega Genesis Controller... there's a deal for 2 for US$8. Last time I ordered them they came pretty quick. I guess the only bad part is I bought a couple in Oct 2006. The one I use most is starting to stick on the movement pad but still plays fine. The other one worked for a little bit then completely busted when I moved it from my cpu to my console. I'm not sure what happened. I'm not a throw-my-pad-when-I-lose guy. So I guess go into it with a buyer beware heads up, at the same time, it's not that much for 2.

Would die to have one of those Sega Saturn USB pads though, best D-pad I have ever laid my hands on!

Oh, you mean these?

post-194-1187887328_thumb.jpg

These are endangered anymore very rare in the wild (ebay). Only way to get them is through Sega Direct of Japan, still you need to be, or know a resident of Japan.

You could always get the chip kit from retrousb and solder the pins to a Saturn pad you already have. I know I've said it in the past but it's not hard at all and really worth it if you put time into emulation.

There are Saturn USB adapters as well.

Those Genesis 6 button pads are feather weighted and really cheap, two of them came with my Sega Genesis 3.

The 3rd party ones are better than the Genesis 1st generation ones. Unless you can find the Sega CD 6 button pads; they're tight.

I use an actual Sega Genesis pad with the usb converter. Got this from retrousb.com though they don't seem to carry them anymore. Can't beat it for the Genesis version.

-Evan