NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Vet Hockey Pool

Logan

Suprised this has never been brought up (From what I can see). I'm wondering if any of the vets here want to start up a hockey pool for the upcoming NHL 2007-08 season. Obviously this would just be for fun and braggings rights. The rules are simple:

10 Teams (May expand depending on interest)

Each team drafts 10 players (7 Forwards, 2 Defensemen, and 1 Goalie)

Draft is 10 rounds, snaking draft, with order randomized

Draft will be done using a topic, and the deadlines will be relatively loose.

As for points:

Skaters

goals = 1 point

assists = 1 point

Goalies

wins = 1 point

shutouts = 2 points

Then the team with the most points at the end of the season wins. I know of a good, simple site for this.

Anybody interested? You can consider this to be signups. Post with

Name (To be used at the team name)

Do you want weekly updates by e-mail Yes/No

I don't mean to sound harsh, but i'd prefer this to be a vet only thing. This doesn't mean that you have to be a insanely skilled 94 player with amazing records in leagues. All I mean by 'vet' is that you've been with the community for a reasonable amount of time, and preferably have played in at least one league, althought this doesn't really matter.

Current Teams

1. Logan

2. Dmac

3. SSiG

4. -empty-

5. -empty-

6. -empty-

7. -empty-

8. -empty-

9. -empty-

10. -empty-

A hockey pool is insanely simple EA. Much less complicated than fantasy hockey league. All it is is at the start, each team/person drafts players from the NHL. Then, the players stats from the 07-08 season make up the points for that person's team.

Example, I draft Sidney Crosby for last season. He had 36 goals and 84 assists. Since both assists and goals are worth one point to a team, that means that my team got 120 points. And then i'd add up all the other players points on my team as well.

It requires no management whatsoever by the coaches. You just draft the team, and let the season play out. Whoever got the most point at the end of the NHL season, wins the pool. Playoffs are not included. It's just for shits and giggles and bragging rights, although i'm sure we could decide on a prize.

Count me in.

dmac

blind_rider24@hotmail.com

Yes

Hey Logan if you need any help creating the pool I could help you out. If you don't already have a site, there's one called onlinepools.com and it's very simple and easy to use and view.

Fair enough. However, I do expect to see you in FVHL, or so help me god, i'll...call you mean names.

Oh hell yeah man, I'll be a lifer in that league. Let me know if you need any help with that. The power is out in Chicago, more importantly my place so once it goes back on, I'll see if you're online. I want to discuss some more things for the FVHL.

not interested myself, but i think you should make a goalie win worth 2 points or something like that.. otherwise goalies suck. 2 for a win, 1 for an OT loss, 0 or -1 for a loss? +1 or +2 pts for a shutout.

i agree with ericanthony, i'm just not much of a stat person at all. The only thing i don't mind keeping track of is how many games i have to win to be in first place in an actual league.