NHL'94 Forums

Toronto Nhl 94 Tournament

kgman

i know there have to be plenty of people in this city that need there nhl 94 fix .....does anybobdy have any ideas on setting up a tournament sometime in the near future ........just would like to establish my overall domination in this game...

my idea would be everyone plays each other twice home and away top 4 records go on to best out of 7 semis... then to the finals to play me of course....i think the easiest way is to bring lap tops as they would be most portable and use emulators but thats negotable ............any feedback is encouraged

i know there have to be plenty of people in this city that need there nhl 94 fix .....does anybobdy have any ideas on setting up a tournament sometime in the near future ........just would like to establish my overall domination in this game...

my idea would be everyone plays each other twice home and away top 4 records go on to best out of 7 semis... then to the finals to play me of course....i think the easiest way is to bring lap tops as they would be most portable and use emulators but thats negotable ............any feedback is encouraged

KGman! I missed you, where have you been all this time??

I have tried setting up a toronto tourney, it doesn't seem like too many are interested. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind playing some exhibition games against you - and i'm sure my cuz would be in as well. We only really play on genesis however, I make no guarantees about my performance on another platform.

a big tourney would be awesome though - my cuz and i just had a little NCAA type bracket playoff format, we eached picked eight teams and then lined the seeds up and went from their. Despite what he says (his handle is soccer1) he didn't have one team make it out of the quarter finals.

So I guess its pretty much a formality that I'll be seeing you in the finals. sorry soccer1!

:D:lol:

Heres my Email Info@chinshilla.com .........send me your your number id be willing to come out tonight (i know u hate scarborough give u) and soccer1 a clinic on the fundamentals of being a good loser .......now u can forefit now and save some pride or forefit later either way ill post the result on this for u to verify .......Of course I play on Genesis .........Super nintendo version is an absoulute joke and so are those who play it.....(Chicago)

You could set it up the same way these guys do for their NHL 95 tournaments they play.

http://www.theunholygrail.com/rules/index.html

who would play NHL 95 and call themselves true gamers they all need to be shot .....nhl 95 is worst game EVER ( because they changed 94) and to actually go out of ur way to play that game is pathetic to say the least .......NHl95 could have been the best game but those brats at EA all 94 needed was 95 setup w/season and fights .........although nhl95 PC is somewhat there except no manual goalie ....probably the most important position in player on player hockey

who would play NHL 95 and call themselves true gamers they all need to be shot .....nhl 95 is worst game EVER ( because they changed 94) and to actually go out of ur way to play that game is pathetic to say the least .......NHl95 could have been the best game but those brats at EA all 94 needed was 95 setup w/season and fights .........although nhl95 PC is somewhat there except no manual goalie ....probably the most important position in player on player hockey

Hey, kgman, I am going to woop your @## with wopap in that tourney. IF it is the gensis version. The playability is better I find. Hey, where is everyone else in Toronto, we could set up a Sunday 94 hockey day in Canada. 5$ entry fee. And make the game longer, a 7 game series would take forever. The trash talking begins, who will be left standing in the end!

I posted that as a way to show you how they have their tournament set up, not what version they were playing. For the record, I actually like both games equally. 95 is more fun against friends and 94 is better against the computer.

You can say you hate 95 all you want, but you dont have to condem those that do like it. Your opinion is no better than anyone elses and as much as you dislike something you cant shame or bully someone into agreeing with your opinion. The fact that you and many others hate 95 doesnt change my opinion of it, nor should it.

If I came on here and said I couldnt stand anyone that loved 94 would that make you change your mind? No, but it would show you that there is no good reason to talk to me. :D

I posted that as a way to show you how they have their tournament set up, not what version they were playing.  For the record, I actually like both games equally.  95 is more fun against friends and 94 is better against the computer. 

You can say you hate 95 all you want, but you dont have to condem those that do like it.  Your opinion is no better than anyone elses and as much as you dislike something you cant shame or bully someone into agreeing with your opinion.  The fact that you and many others hate 95 doesnt change my opinion of it, nor should it. 

If I came on here and said I couldnt stand anyone that loved 94 would that make you change your mind?  No, but it would show you that there is no good reason to talk to me. :D

I was being sarcastic the only reason i dont like NHL 95 is that it replaced nhl 94's perfect game engine .......i dont think that u should be shot it was a joke but i have messed up sense of humour ......but dont worry u'll wish i shot u after i destroy u in NHL 94 tourney if u dedide to show at the tournament ........that has no formal place or time SOCCER1?????

I was being sarcastic the only reason i dont like NHL 95 is that it replaced nhl 94's perfect game engine .......i dont think that u should be shot it was a joke but i have messed up sense of humour ......but dont worry u'll wish i shot u after i destroy u in NHL 94 tourney if u dedide to show at the tournament ........that has no formal place or time SOCCER1?????

Hey kgman, sounds like a deal, as soon as we can get some more players for the tourney, lets say 8, we can get together after April 22 and have an NHL day. May the best man win. I am sure i'll be pushed to the brink with competition such as wopap and yourself kgman. We need some more supporters in the Tornoto area though!!

Hey kgman, sounds like a deal, as soon as we can get some more players for the tourney, lets say 8, we can get together after April 22 and have an NHL day.  May the best man win.  I am sure i'll be pushed to the brink with competition such as wopap and yourself kgman.  We need some more supporters in the Tornoto area though!!

I just PMed kgman - I'm not available until May.

I'll be suntanned.... but definitely rusty.

Sure then the beginning of May sounds good to me ......I could bring 1 or 2 guys as well.....Soccer1 if u wanna to run some exhibitions for me to embarass u and add to my legacy as the greatest Ever, It would be my pleasure to have u go running to Wopap with your war stories of how Kgman made u another statistic.......Wopap sounds like your gonna find a way to snake out this touney with a fake injury i would be suprised to see us how up with a cast and forefit but ill still have no mercy to ur cuz .....ill run up the score LOL

Sure then the beginning of May sounds good to me ......I could bring 1 or 2 guys as well.....Soccer1 if u wanna to run some exhibitions for me to embarass u and add to my legacy as the greatest Ever, It would be my pleasure to have u go running to Wopap with your war stories of how Kgman made u another statistic.......Wopap sounds like your gonna find a way to snake out this touney with a fake injury i would be suprised to see us how up with a cast and forefit but ill still have no mercy to ur cuz .....ill run up the score LOL

kg man,

don't get me wrong, I'll be suntanned and rusty, but I'm so good that me being rusty is still good enough to whoop your ass.

• 3 weeks later...

whats up boys still tryin to avoid the greatest of all time .....just like predicted earlier ........listen wopap no matter how much u practice u still wont be 1/4 the player i am ....just swept my cousin 4/0 and hes probably better than anyone u have ever faced in your lifetimes ........the dialogue has been documented and your shameful cowardice is apparnt to everyone here .....again IAM the game ...i should have my own version ..............ONE WORD u should all fear SAVARD

• 2 weeks later...

it time boys ........r u ready Canada loss im pissed and gonna take frustration out on u two ..............reply back u got my number boys give me a call ill bring my cousin and well have a mini touney for cash

if a few people would join my great leage at http://nhl94league.proboards44.com/ i could clear out the players who arnt playing and get some regular players in for regular play. I also need staff too! I need match co-ordinators/officials etc. The setup on the sites great too i pasted in trophys to the hall of fame etc, drew up league tables & fixtures/results tables. the top four in the league go into the prestige cup and all league teams go into the league cup everyone gets a chance at glory!!! And the snes version is way bertter than genesis. :(

Im also thinking of adding a cup for good sportsmanship :lol:

• 17 years later...
On 4/8/2005 at 8:24 AM, kgman said:

Sorry I’m a bit late on this. I’ll get on it bud. 

• Haha 1